WHat do you guys think of...

Considering it's based on the Omni, it's a decent looking 80's econobox....but it should have been RWD with the 318 V8 at the very least. That is a nice looking one. I'd probably opt for the Plymouth version as that is even more rare.

Edit: for some reason my post isn't registering when looking at the thread from the lounge :huh:

Edited by Delta Force79

DodgeFan:

Not sure if I told you yet... SpeedingPenguin bought a MINT

turbocharged 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby with a 5-speed.

I got to take it for a spin around the parking lot, it scoots,

still I am giving him a good friendly tease over his switch to

FWD... damn that front overhang is like 25% of the car's

overall length. It's ridiculous. Still his Daytona is MINT.

Dodge Rampage (rampage? yahright) and Plymouth Scamp (a more fitting name). I think their only competition was the VW Rabbit pickup. There used to be a Diesel Rabbit pickup running around Easton, MD in perfect shape with twin exhaust stacks!

Guest YellowJacket894

I think it has some potential to be worth a decent chunk of cash someday. You don't see very many on the road.

Otherwise, it's quirky and I do sort of like it. But it lacks a common ingredient that makes a truck have balls, and that would be rear-drive so at least it could haul a load in the bed up something with a grade higher than a speed bump.

Agreed.... plus let's face it, you ever see a Rampage or Scamp

that does not look like it went through three tours of duty in

IRAQ? They're always beat to $h!.

Guest YellowJacket894

Chrysler's Aussie utes are far more interesting, and not wrong-wheel-drive.

Um ... photos ... or a name, please ... :smilewide:

Rampages had galvanized main body panels and weren't prone to any more damage in collisions than similar compacts, but like the other 024 based vehicles they WERE prone to carb fires.

I owned one almost identical to the one in the first pic, it was the first 2.2 powered vehicle I ever owned, and it wasn't bad to be honest.... I "Shelby-ized" mine with a burnt carb Shelby Charger, suspension, wheels, etc...

Great parts chasers.

I love these Rampages. My uncle had a Turbo model and it was great. He sold it for a Dakota though. There is a Dodge Rampage running around my town. It is a rust free vehicle in mint condition. I talked to the owner and it has 80k kms on it. He owned it since new and is a collector of the small Chrysler K-cars etc. He has got one of those little K-car Executive Limos too which I find really interesting. I wouldn't mind having one with a Turbo because I never see them.