Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Protected my car from the storm, only to get hit....

My Cav avoided tree limbs, hail, and some pretty nasty weather.

Good part.

After coming back from an errand (only gone about an hour), I find two cars parked drunkly next to my car (I couldn't get into it to even move it)

And you know what that means. :rolleyes:

I have a marks on both doors.....and on the rear panel....

I won't be able to tell how bad until morning... :(

Part I noticed most- they made a nice cut into the rub strip on the driver's side...it's small (only about 4 inches big), but you can really see it.

On the strip-will touch up paint work? or something to make it look better?

Damn I'm pissed..... :angry:

I tried to find the owners of these cars, but no one seems to know where they are ( never seen them before)

I'm guessing that it is a good thing...because I'm sure I would do something stupid..... :(

I take pride in my cars, regardless what others think....

Edited by daves87rs

Screw a hammer and to hell with a crow bar... oversized bolt cutters are the way to go,

They weigh 18 lbs... they can hammer & "crow" as well as smash glass very efficiently.

Well, too late for payback... :(

Anyways, the rear I should able to buff out...

Though the rubstrip, on the other hand, doesn't look good.

It's a nice sized black mark (dent) that really sticks out on the silver paint...

Any ideas on how to make it go away?

I was thinking touch up paint, but would that work on the strip?

Best thing to do is get the license number, and put it in the hands of the police, or since you couldn't get in your car, you should have waited for them with a cop and had him take care of it with you guys there.

Usually, door dings consist of a small dent and a paint mark from the other vehicle. Lacquer thinner on a rag should take the paint mark off, leaving the tiny dent, which is much less visible. Not sure about the rub strip without seeing it.

Best thing to do is get the license number, and put it in the hands of the police, or since you couldn't get in your car, you should have waited for them with a cop and had him take care of it with you guys there.

Actually, I did.

I know one of the people who did it-but- since he did not leave any tan paint on the car, cops said it would be his word againist mine.

I wish I would have had my camera, which sadly, I let a friend borrow it hours before to take pictures of his car... :rolleyes:

Talk about timing....

Usually, door dings consist of a small dent and a paint mark from the other vehicle. Lacquer thinner on a rag should take the paint mark off, leaving the tiny dent, which is much less visible. Not sure about the rub strip without seeing it.

Nope ocn, it's a mark, not a ding....

It took the paint right off of the strip-leaving a black color...

I'm guessing that the strips themselves are black before they were painted silver (on the line)......

As soon as I get the camera back, I'll try to take a pic. :thumbsup:

Well, this may not apply to you dave but I have had luck with paintless dent removal. check this out: Dent Clinic

Usually, when this happens to me, I tie a note to a rock I find nearby and let them know how I feel about the damage they so carelessly did to my property without so much as a note of thier own to me. Based soley on the severity of the damage to my car I choose which window to place said rock through. Very effective. I think it is imortant to tell people how you feel in a very personal way - a handwritten note is so much more personal than say a text message or cell call.

Usually, when this happens to me, I tie a note to a rock I find nearby and let them know how I feel about the damage they so carelessly did to my property without so much as a note of thier own to me. Based soley on the severity of the damage to my car I choose which window to place said rock through. Very effective. I think it is imortant to tell people how you feel in a very personal way - a handwritten note is so much more personal than say a text message or cell call.

:thumbsup:

One prank I haven't tried is - after accidently damaging someone's car - leaving a note saying I'll pay for all the damages...with a friend's name and number.

:scratchchin:

Or I could do it someone I don't like..... :yes:

I get the feeling some people would be very happy if I left a large rock (with not) on the hood of a certain tan taurus... ^_^