Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lamar

Updated Pontiac G8 page

35 posts in this topic

Pontiac G8

Still doesn't list pricing, but it shows some of the option packages and colors.

I didn't know this before, didn't know if anyone else had said it, but it appears the base model gets the regular red taillights, while the GT gets the clear ones that so many of us either love or hate.

I'm waiting on the pricing already... Road & Track's 2008 preview said that the car would start at around $35k, which contradicts everything I've heard.

Aw...I wanted the new Pontiac badge :( Oh well...I see the tail lights are red now.

I'm going to make the brash statment now that the color choices are horrible.

Additionally, G8s have red taillamps; GTs have cleared ones.

Hmmm..very limited color choices, inside and out. And no manual transmission. Dissapointing.

Auto only? That is a big disappointment. So much for having a cheaper alternative to the 5 series.

I thought manuals were going to be available on both trim levels?

That was fun. I built my G8 GT, but I don't know how much it will be. I really like he black/red interior. There are very limited color choices, that disappointed me. It is a very handsome car. I got a garage slot for one ready adn waiting. :smilewide:

The 6spd. manual is coming mid-year not at the start clam down. The color selection isn't huge but isn't that poor either. I love that car! :AH-HA_wink:

Hmmm..very limited color choices, inside and out. And no manual transmission. Dissapointing.

The page is still very limited, as we all know that the car is going to have more colors than that... who releases a car with just six colors?

The manual transmission will be available after launch, from what I understand. Bully for those of you who want the manual really really bad, but for those of us who can't drive a manual :huh: it's not a big deal.

Looks like they're giving us a little bit at a time... in this case, a VERY little bit.

I'd be extremely happy with the G8 3.6L I just built (Stealth Blue/Onyx leather, Premium Package, Comfort & Sound Package, Sunroof).

Meh... It's still kinda lame..

And let's pray to god that they offer better wheels than that. (I know that sounds silly, but on a relatively bland design like this; wheels can make all the difference in the world--- Just note the show car)

Meh... It's still kinda lame..

And let's pray to god that they offer better wheels than that. (I know that sounds silly, but on a relatively bland design like this; wheels can make all the difference in the world--- Just note the show car)

I just had a thought...

If they come out with a GXP version, I'd put money on it having the show car wheels.

Not bad. The standard GT wheels make it look like a slightly blander 528i. The ASTRA has similarly few color choices.

I'm ok with the colors, I only want red, black, blue or orange anyway. As long as the manual is released shortly after launch it sounds like a winner to me

What is up with Stealth Blue? It looks like purple, but in an odd way. I'm confizzled! :P

Edited by blackviper8891

The show car wheels are supposed to an a dealer aftermarket option from what I've understood from readings elsewhere.

Ack, I'm too late, the page has been taken down.

Ack, I'm too late, the page has been taken down.

:hissyfit:

I'ma need them to put it back!

I am on the page right now and its there. It must have been being updated or something. :smilewide:

I am on the page right now and its there. It must have been being updated or something. :smilewide:

I went as soon as I read this. It's gone again. :angry2:

:(

Okay, here's a problem. The ad in Car & Driver directs people to a Page Not Found. Uhhh...

Ok, now they've moved it so that you have to go to the main Pontiac page and click on the G8 link there. It opens a popup window... JavaScript, I think.

That's fine, I guess... but like Fly said, it makes the link in the ad useless.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room