Ten cheapest 2006s

As of MY2006, the Echo is dead.

It's replacement is coming for '07, I believe (another Yaris/Vitz variation like the Echo was)...and they do have Scion for the cheap cars now.. Edited by moltar

• 2 weeks later...

The new Rio looks so Godawful. Seriously. All that recovered shopping car plastic molding is sick.

[post="27525"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Its better than the previous 2001-05 model, but that's not saying much. I checked one out at summer's end, and the base model, which has hubcaps, virtually no options, no stereo standard or optional or even optional wheel covers, is priced more than an Aveo SVM, which has wheel covers and a stereo (but no CD or cassette-they should work on that) standard. The Rio may have supposedly slightly more passenger space than Aveo (I don't buy that for a minute), but it has nothing on Aveo, or Scion xA for that matter. Why isn't the Chevy Cobalt on there again? Does the word, overpriced mean anything? And the Cobalt really doesn't have a whole lot for its $14,000 pricetag, plus they made bodyside moldings optional for 2006 on the LS (formerly Base) model.

The new Rio looks so Godawful. Seriously. All that recovered shopping car plastic molding is sick.

[post="27525"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

God that's so true. I agree wiht Moltar about the Fuc*us. Edited by Sixty8panther

Its better than the previous 2001-05 model, but that's not saying much. I checked one out at summer's end, and the base model, which has hubcaps, virtually no options, no stereo standard or optional or even optional wheel covers, is priced more than an Aveo SVM, which has wheel covers and a stereo (but no CD or cassette-they should work on that) standard. The Rio may have supposedly slightly more passenger space than Aveo (I don't buy that for a minute), but it has nothing on Aveo, or Scion xA for that matter.

[post="34475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree, its a better car overall than the past Rio, but honestly the old Rio looked better.

• 2 months later...

Its better than the previous 2001-05 model, but that's not saying much. I checked one out at summer's end, and the base model, which has hubcaps, virtually no options, no stereo standard or optional or even optional wheel covers, is priced more than an Aveo SVM, which has wheel covers and a stereo (but no CD or cassette-they should work on that) standard. The Rio may have supposedly slightly more passenger space than Aveo (I don't buy that for a minute), but it has nothing on Aveo, or Scion xA for that matter. Why isn't the Chevy Cobalt on there again? Does the word, overpriced mean anything? And the Cobalt really doesn't have a whole lot for its $14,000 pricetag, plus they made bodyside moldings optional for 2006 on the LS (formerly Base) model.

[post="34475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually as of January 11th the Chevy Cobalt is priced at $12990 for either the 2 door or 4 door so it should be on this list bumping off one of the higher priced competitors. Bodyside moldings have been eliminated on many newly introduced cars and aren't even offered as an option on most. The Cobalt does offer them for $100.00 extra. The Kia and Hyundai products still use them but very misplaced if I might say so. Also the 2006 Sentra still has them but the new 07 will not. I am not aware of any other vehicle on this list that has bodyside moldings even as an option. In fact the only Cadillacs that have them are the truck line and the 06 DTS. Toyota has eliminated them from all there newly introduced vehicles and the new 07 Camry will not have them. All new BMW's don't have them anymore. The Accord coupe doesn't have them. It seems to be a disease that is spreading to every car manufacturer to eliminate this much needed feature. It not only protects the side of the doors but also makes them looks more dressed up and not so plain and blah. It is just yet another thing that car manufacturers are taking away from us like cigarette lights, glovebox lights, trunk keyholes, floor shift indicators, blue, red, white or green interiors, passenger side door keyholes etc. The more time goes on the more will be eliminated!

• 1 month later...