Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris_Doane

GM @ NAIAS: 2009 Corvette ZR1 PHOTO SET 3

32 posts in this topic

The wheels, combined with the awesome gray paint, make it look absolutely gorgeous. The add-ons are not at all uncouth, and the details make it surprisingly elegant and sophisticated, almost European. It's the Corvette Superleggera Stradale!

599 GTB Fiorano - eat your heart out!

Edited by empowah

Slick, slick, slick...love the wheels and the gray paint. I like the hood hole.

Feel free to berate me... I think it's bordering on cheesy. This is the best they could do? The looks are supposed to match the performance. It's like Corvette rice. Almost as bad as the 80's C3. I like the wheels, the new twin side vent and the gunmetal paint. The rest can be pitched. Maybe it'll grow on me... but as of now, I don't like it, besides the on paper specifications, which are amazing.

Edited by blackviper8891

Feel free to berate me... I think it's bordering on cheesy. This is the best they could do? The looks are supposed to match the performance. It's like Corvette rice. Almost as bad as the 80's C3. I like the wheels, the new twin side vent and the gunmetal paint. The rest can be pitched. Maybe it'll grow on me... but as of now, I don't like it, besides the on paper specifications, which are amazing.

It's no worse than Lambo's Supperlegeras, Ferrari's Challenge Stradales, Porsche's GT2s, and Aston's DBS. They're all slightly race car cheesy and showy, but still usable, retaining A/C, navigation, airbags, and other luxuries.

Consider yourself berated. :lol:

IMO, it's totally NOT rice when the car's performance makes any pizazz added completely legit. Hood window... if there were nothing sweet underneith, it would be rice. But oooooh so sweet. :) If the carbon fiber weren't real, or were just placed here & there to look cool - rice. But it's everywhere, and just shown in areas as an accent. Sweeeeet. Cars like this are the real thing that ricers only wish they could come anywhere close to being like.

i am really wondering why they didn't put better seats in this thing.

What's wrong with the seats??

What's wrong with the seats??

Most reviews complain that they aren't supportive enough, particularly when cornering. If I bought one of these, the first mod I would make is to put in some better seats.

How wicked is that skull (with corvette flags for eyes) on the air intake?? :metal:

That's Jake.

At 3350 lbs it is heavy :P .

I read somewhere earlier (during its development) that they were planning to curb the curb weight to 2900 lbs, I guess that would have driven up to price in a stratospheric territory.

Neverthless, that is my next Corvette. Not that I can afford it now. However, this will bring down the price of Z06 to earth.

Those Carbon Ceramic brakes are are BIGGER than the C6-R (12" R 13" F). SEXAYYYYY!!!! Those babies will push the price up by $14K over Z06. :bowdown::chevy:

WE NEED A ZR-1 SMILEY

vemp_0709_07_z%20chevrolet_corvette_C6R%

Edited by smallchevy

At 3350 lbs it is heavy :P.

I read somewhere earlier (during its development) that they were planning to curb the curb weight to 2900 lbs

That was always just speculation.

No no! You've all got it wrong! This is the Blue Devil mule!

oh,..... wait..

Consider yourself berated. :lol:

Actually, I agree with him. It's not rice, because all the stuff minus the glass cover is there for performance improvement. But the looks is a bit too vulgar for me. At first when I look at it I thought I'm looking at a modded Corvette from Need For Speed. If only I can stuff the performance of this into a Z06 body, that would be excellent.

Edited by ToniCipriani

The hood, spoiler, and side vents look like the only differences from the Z06. The hood window is the only part I think is a little over the top, but the rest is just awesome in my eyes.

It's no more 'rice' than the new Aston that is gracing the covers of all the rags this month.

I think it looks excellent!

I am absolutely fine with it - All of it

I agree. I am thinking this will throw the Ring time for OEM cars in the gutter.

I am amazed that they can achieve the speeds they are claiming without any aerodynamic bulkiness or ugliness. Just subtle and strong makeover compared to the Z06.

Considering the amount of hardware this has, barring the F1 style transmission (which to me is not a sports car stamp), it is just an amazing vehicle given the price will be.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0