Caliber SRT4 sighted

CMG

I actually saw a 2008 Caliber SRT4 today, and was reasonably impressed.

I think it falls into the same category as the SRT4 based on the Neon for me, I don't "mind" the base vehicle, but the SRT4 package on either is almost a different car to me.

It didn't seem outrageously expensive, just over the $25,000 mark, it was a heckuva "bang for the buck" deal for someone.... it was on a car lot but it was already sold. I wonder if it was an ordered car, it was the first one I have ever seen.

The hood wasn't just a single scoop in the middle, I thought the single hood scoop was what they were getting?

:scratchchin:

Cool little interior too!

Since the Caliber is supposed to receive a better interior, it effectively eliminates one of my my 2 only rel problems with the car. The other being the CVT, but with a manual that's no problem at all.

I've driven a regular Caliber, I'm not a big fan of the CVT tranny either.

It seems the biggest thing needed to drive the car and like it is to use more gas pedal than most are used to with a regular style of automatic tranny.

If you put your foot down firmly it's not bad as far as power goes for the class the car is in.

My only complaint with the Caliber is it seems like older imports, you close the door firmly and you KNOW you are in a lightweight car. It's got the feel of "cheapness" to a degree...?

I still don't like the styling.

I like the SRT4 version alot better than the regular Caliber. The exterior changes of the SRT4 make a world of difference.

I'm not a big fan of the base Caliber's looks though. Too "Japanese-ish" styling for my tastes.. weird squarish odd angled designers..

:AH-HA_wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Chrysler needs to have one small and one midsized product period and put their design efforts into those two cars. Caliber/Avenger/Sebring/PT Cruiser et all should be reduced to just two cars.

Actually the powertrain and engeneering in this car is impressive. Starting to think the Caliber just needs to be the right color to look better. In black the angualrity of the car seems to die down and it looks a little softer, which helps it.

Just my two cents,

Chris

The Caliber SRT-4 is essentially today's Omni GLHS in spirit and in concept, this comparison is quite true; both the styling of the Caliber and Omni can be accurately described as huge blocks of $h! in a plastic shopping bag, but the performance package is quite impressive for the money and is hard to beat.

CS_OMNI.JPG

2007_Dodge_Calibur_SRT4_exfrdrvr34.JPG

The Caliber SRT-4 is essentially today's Omni GLHS in spirit and in concept, this comparison is quite true; both the styling of the Caliber and Omni can be accurately described as huge blocks of $h! in a plastic shopping bag, but the performance package is quite impressive for the money and is hard to beat.

Thoroughly insulting, but yes, it seems to be the new GLHS.

LOL