Scion TC recalled

andy82471

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051019/toyota_recall.html?.v=1

Seems like some of the complaints about shattered sunroof due to faulty glass was right after all. Oh boy Toyota is suffering Growing Pains.

[post="31052"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wahho i'm the first to post! :Toyota:

ohh its just that little thin peice of glass... seperate at highway speeds... :blink: go toyota on that one LOL

Pretty soon people will not be able to justify these recalls. I don't care who or what they say, Toyota is likely to face the same quality issues as General Motors and Ford. Then again, I bet these recalls are all being announced now to help GM.

That's why I don't think panoramic glass sunroofs are a good idea-I'm not surprised, I bet the Pontiac G6 is next. One of my co-workers has a sharp-looking Indigo Ink Pearl (aka blue) 2005 tC and I showed him the AutoWeek release of possible recall/investigation-now its official. Nice car otherwise, with an excellent value, but I think they should make a fixed roof standard, regular power sunroof optional, and maybe still the panoramic sunroof optional if it can be done properly.

Whatever happened to the SRX sunroof problem that got people's panties in a twist when I pointed out the hypocrisy?

[post="31737"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Again, it wasn't that you pointed out the hypocrisy, more the uncool way you did it by calling people out before they said anything.

Again, it wasn't that you pointed out the hypocrisy, more the uncool way you did it by calling people out before they said anything.

[post="31740"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's not like they were going to post anything. They were quietly pushing it under the rug.

Again, why justify Toyota's failure's by pointing out another's set of problems? I thought Toyota's were supposed to be bullet-proof! Isn't that the mantra you hear from every auto rag, every salesperson, every auto reviewer? Import-loving people will be quick to point at a GM recall as proof of them being of lower quality. But when Toyota issues a recall (let alone 3 within a week), then it's all whitewashed over with "hey, everybody has issues - look at domestic brand x's recall". How conveinent.

Again, why justify Toyota's failure's by pointing out another's set of problems?  I thought Toyota's were supposed to be bullet-proof!  Isn't that the mantra you hear from every auto rag, every salesperson, every auto reviewer?    Import-loving people will be quick to point at a GM recall as proof of them being of lower quality. But when Toyota issues a recall (let alone 3 within a week), then it's all whitewashed over with "hey, everybody has issues - look at domestic brand x's recall". How conveinent.

[post="31933"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Prius' software and tC's sunroof deflector are not quality issues rather stem from faulty engineering

The Japanese recall is quality related, but isn't related to America

The Prius' software and tC's sunroof deflector are not quality issues rather stem from faulty engineering

The Japanese recall is quality related, but isn't related to America

[post="31953"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, second-rate engineering. That's still a quality issue no matter how you want to spin it.

You are the only one saying reliability. Everyone else is saying quality. Quality includes engineering. A poorly-engineered car is not a quality product. I'm not saying this makes the whole car poorly-engineered, but it IS a quality issue no matter how you spin it.

If a recall is issued, whether it be engineering, safety or whatever it is a reliability issue. I don't care if you recall a car because of the tire cap lets air loose at .00000001 pounds per inch a year and this has been founded. It tells me you cut costs and try to make your car "bullet proof" with the worst of parts available. Any recall is a bad recall. YOu never want your stuff recalled. No matter how you try to sugar coat it. Any recall or TSB is bad. It's catching up to Toyota now, and will get worse as the year goes on, and '06 will be a bad year for Toyota. Do you really think those workers making the vehicles in the American plants want to see the company succeed? There are spies at every level of the automotive business.

Do you really think those workers making the vehicles in the American plants want to see the company succeed? There are spies at every level of the automotive business.

[post="31972"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Toyota workers want their company to succeed. They aren't unionized, and they aren't because they love Toyota and see no need to unionize. Any auto worker has loyalty to the company that supplies their paycheck.

Toyota workers want their company to succeed.  They aren't unionized, and they aren't because they love Toyota and see no need to unionize.  Any auto worker has loyalty to the company that supplies their paycheck.

[post="31994"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

They only aren't unionized because of the UAW. If they want to keep the Union out, they have to provide similar wages and benifits. Therefore, Toyota workers are taking advantage of the Union, without paying dues.

They only aren't unionized because of the UAW.  If they want to keep the Union out, they have to provide similar wages and benifits.  Therefore, Toyota workers are taking advantage of the Union, without paying dues.

[post="32115"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How true that is. How about those BMW workers in South Carolina getting super deals on the companies products.

Exactly, they see no need to unionize which is what I said in the post. The company provides them and there isn't this adversarial relationship between worker and company. Which of the following do you think has more loyalty to the automaker:

Toyota, who takes care of its employees enough so they see no need to unionize

OR

GM, whose employees are unionized and fight over every $0.10

Frankly, I think the UAW workers have far more loyalty to the union than they do to GM, Ford, or DCX.

Exactly, they see no need to unionize which is what I said in the post.  The company provides them and there isn't this adversarial relationship between worker and company.  Which of the following do you think has more loyalty to the automaker:

Toyota, who takes care of its employees enough so they see no need to unionize

OR

GM, whose employees are unionized and fight over every $0.10

Frankly, I think the UAW workers have far more loyalty to the union than they do to GM, Ford, or DCX.

[post="32139"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, you can make it sound like Toyota is paying them a good, fair wage out of the kindness of their hearts.......but what if the UAW were to vanish? Would the non-union Southern autoworkers still be making the same wage?......Answer : NO. Toyota is essentially bribing their workers not to unionize. Hardly sounds like "taking care" of employees.

Check out this stroy. Very eye opening: http://www.prospect.org/web/page.ww?sectio...&articleId=5297

Here's an exceprt from the story:

What will happen to these Japanese firms after the first blush of local enthusiasm wears off? Will they still be good corporate citizens? Will their workers still feel part of a family? These questions are worth pondering as one examines the record of Kawasaki, a Japanese company that has been here for over fifteen years. It is a company that, like Toyota and Bridgestone, was widely acclaimed when it first invested in the U.S. But unlike them it has successively betrayed every aspect of its early promise.

Edited by BrewSwillis

Bribing workers not to unionize? LMAO! Toyota's non-unionized workers make the same and have the same benefits as unionized workers without having to pay $XXXX in union dues and dealing with union politics. Sounds like a damn good bribe to me.

Bribing workers not to unionize?  LMAO!

Toyota's non-unionized workers make the same and have the same benefits as unionized workers without having to pay $XXXX in union dues and dealing with union politics.

Sounds like a damn good bribe to me.

[post="32300"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't really think you are seeing his point. The only reason Toyota and others pay as well as union jobs is because otherwise the workers would be prone to unionize. If you are doing the same job as someone else but the other person is in a union and making twice as much, its gonna make you want to start a union.

The threat of unionization is sometimes as powerful as actually having a union.

thing is, though...that the entire point is that the Toyota workers have no need to unionize. Toyota pays a competitive wage, and the employees don't feel like they are being taken advantage of. As long as employees don't feel "used" or "duped" they will never unionize, no matter how low and uncompetitive wages/benefits might be.

thing is, though...that the entire point is that the Toyota workers have no need to unionize.  Toyota pays a competitive wage, and the employees don't feel like they are being taken advantage of.  As long as employees don't feel "used" or "duped" they will never unionize, no matter how low and uncompetitive wages/benefits might be.

[post="32436"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Considering the transplants, Honda and Toyota, are widely and indisputably recognized as having the WORST safety records in their plants, and those plants are built on the backs of fraudulent tax breaks, in areas with desperate employment issues, bribe may not be the proper word. Threat, intimidation and retaliation are more fitting.

Let's face it, Toyota and Honda are not the angels a few people want to characterize them as.

It's only a matter of time until the fraud is revealed.

.  As long as employees don't feel "used" or "duped" they will never unionize, no matter how low and uncompetitive wages/benefits might be.

[post="32436"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

While I get most of what you say, this sentence is in error. How could the employees NOT feel "used" or "duped" if their wages/benefits were uncompetative. In separate issue many Toyota vehicles (Corolla and Tacoma) are built by UAW workers of GM at the Freemont Plant. Befopre Toyota took over production there, that plant had the most troublesome work force in GM. After the take over - no problems.

Their employees are pretty satisfied though.  You can have the most crooked company, but it will have the support of the employees as long as they are satisfied and do not feel like they are screwed over.

[post="32554"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How do you know they are satisfied? Maybe they are only working there because there is nowhere else to work in that area of the south? I guess if there was a choice between working for Toyota, even if they treat me like crap and I'm not satisfied, or having my family starve......I guess I would work for Toyota.

Read the story that I linked to. It shows how people who tried to organize unions at Kawasaki were fired.

Some employees will take uncompetitive wages if they have loyalty to a company and realize the company is going through rough times and everyone needs to shoulder a pay cut. It's happened before. I don't care about Kawasaki, I care about Toyota and Honda to a lesser extent. The UAW has tried to organize there, and they are blown off everytime. The employees there want nothing to do with the unions.

Some employees will take uncompetitive wages if they have loyalty to a company and realize the company is going through rough times and everyone needs to shoulder a pay cut.  It's happened before.  I don't care about Kawasaki, I care about Toyota and Honda to a lesser extent.  The UAW has tried to organize there, and they are blown off everytime.  The employees there want nothing to do with the unions.

If this was true, why do Toyota and Honda fight the UAW at every opportunity?

To suggest the workers don't WANT a union is pure nonsense. That the workers don't dare organize is the real deal.

You know the real reason why T & H built here? To avoid the unions they have at home. Edited by Angry Dad