There on the lots... Tahoe Hybrid...

gm4life

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Black on Black 60K - Ebay

Here is the first one I have seen, you can buy it now for 60K *asswholes price gouging as usual* and they claim that this dealer is only getting three in this year and look they have all three right now. Greenies go get 'em! Where is Toyota's fullsize hybrid... :scratchchin::pokeowned:

I would get a 2008 LTZ Tahoe with 2WD and the 6.2L Vortec/6spd. automatic, you can build 'em like that on Chevy's site now. :scratchchin: That is werid but cool.

Limited production?

Yes, two-modes are limited to 10k units for 2008.

Considering there are 4,000 Chevy dealers, that's 2.5 per dealer, assuming everyone buys the Tahoe or Silverado, not the Yukon.

Still, 10k is greater than total retail sales of all BAS light-hybrids, so it's progress.

Edited by empowah

I would get a 2008 LTZ Tahoe with 2WD and the 6.2L Vortec/6spd. automatic, you can build 'em like that on Chevy's site now. :scratchchin: That is werid but cool.

Agreed, that's a new combo as of a month or so ago, and a very attractive one.

I just saw the new Hybrid Tahoes and Yukons on Ebay too, and realized they must finally be out. Weird thing is, they've yet to be added to the GM sites as far as "build your own" or searching inventory. No mention, yet, even though you can get one.

• 3 months later...
Our first Tahoe Hybrid (in Silver Birch) is rolling off the truck as I type this.

Finally, eh :AH-HA_wink:

Now as to how long it will take to sell...or is it already? Like regular Tahoes, Yukons, etc. these as well don't seem to be moving much.

Finally, eh :AH-HA_wink:

Now as to how long it will take to sell...or is it already? Like regular Tahoes, Yukons, etc. these as well don't seem to be moving much.

We've had 3 in inventory for about 2 months...I think we've fielded 3 total inquiries about them in that time.

Great product, horrible timing. I'm afraid that the minimal expectations may be difficult to meet.

We've had 3 in inventory for about 2 months...I think we've fielded 3 total inquiries about them in that time.

Great product, horrible timing. I'm afraid that the minimal expectations may be difficult to meet.

Very, very true. The word Hybrid is good...but not overly so when people, in general, are looking at big SUV's like a bad memory. Seems the main saving grace for these are celebrities...now they can have their big SUV but feel good with the Hybrid badges and such.

It's a great product, but again, not something that I think will get much of any attraction at this point.

It'll be interesting to start hearing some real world mpgs from these.

You mean, if someone actually buys them?

There are a TON of these things around here -4 of them on the local lot here (one was traded for a few cars)

Not looking good....

Also looks like the Trailblazer is in major trouble too...when I stopped at the dealership for service, one of the salesguys said not 1 TB has been sold in two weeks.....

You mean, if someone actually buys them?

There are a TON of these things around here -4 of them on the local lot here (one was traded for a few cars)

Not looking good....

Also looks like the Trailblazer is in major trouble too...when I stopped at the dealership for service, one of the salesguys said not 1 TB has been sold in two weeks.....

TB is a regional issue. We steadily sell double figures a month simply because it's a 'real' SUV. Explains why other dealers beg us to take them.

TB is a regional issue. We steadily sell double figures a month simply because it's a 'real' SUV. Explains why other dealers beg us to take them.

It depends on where you are, and what gas prices are.

The dealership was trucking out the trade ins, and 80 percent of them were TBs....

Kinda a shame-I'd like to have a family SUV ( I/wife have compacts for commuting), but the gas prices simply don't make it worth it at this point.....

• 3 weeks later...

No plans for a Suburban/ESV/Yukon XL Hybrid?

I thought those door graphics for promo pictures...not on every unit!

All things equal, depending on how much you drive, the amount extra you pay up front for Hybrid technology in any car may take 2+ years to pay off to make up the extra 20% you'd pay at the pump, no?

The GMT900 hybrids now come with a $4,000 rebate. Regular Tahoes and Yukons get $6,000 off.

Yep, and no time too soon. Well, it's split among a loyalty offer and another thing, but I was wondering when the heck SOMETHING was going to be thrown on the hood of the Hybrids to maybe get someone to consider one, aside from celebrities.

Otherwise, not that this is different from other years. Even back in '04, when we bought a Suburban, the regular straight cash rebate with no restrictions, no loyalty, etc. was $5k. The same thing has happened every year since, at least at the very end. Expensive trucks with relatively large margins = huge discounts and GM cash, more often than not, especially when no one wants them anymore.

Now the question is...will a rebate do much of anything at this point? We'll see. I have my doubts.