gm4life

2008 Chicago Autoshow Photos... Done the GM Way! 2nd UPDATE!

38 posts in this topic

It has become a tradition my GM (car) loving son must have his fix and go to the Chicago Autoshow, and we did this year together. It was the perfect father and son get-away except for the wild and annoying rednecks on the three hour bus ride. We decided not to bother visiting the other side of the show, we stayed in the GM area of the show only. No kidding the photos will clearly reveal that. So hold on here they come!

Edited by gm4life

SWEET!!!

Love the pics, gm4life...thanks for sharing them with us! Cool to see what is there, since I won't be able to get to the CAS this year, unfortunately :(.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Those windshield wipers slappin out a tempo" ... Eddie Rabbit ... 'Driving My Life Away'

Do you have more of the GMC Denali XT? How about of any other GMCs? What, no love for GMC?!?! :lol:

Boy, Pontiac is sure whoring out the bright red G5 GT coupe. Ocnblu saw the exact one you posted above at the Baltimore Auto Show, and the same one was on display at the Philly Auto Show. All with the high spoiler and dealer-installed chrome rims. I guess Pontiac wants to move more G5 GT coupes this year, huh?

Per your requests... Sorry I only have two of the XT Denali it was very crowded around her. But I do have three Traverse ones!

IMGP6557.jpg

IMGP6434.jpg

IMGP6435.jpg

IMGP6436.jpg

What was the DTS trim you were looking at? The Platinum edition?

did you like the G8 interior? was the HHR SS there?

G8 interior was not bad. Perhaps not quite as good as the GTO, but it is cheaper pricewise. Door panels were pretty good except for the very top part which was pretty hard. Build quality on the center console. When you pulled up on the E-Brake in other countries (the fake one in the G8), the whole console sort of pulled up with it. Hopefully that is because they are still pre-production cars. Seats were good, as expected. The room is very spacious, plenty of legroom and ample headroom (I'm 6'). All in all it was a pretty well-done interior considering what you get for the price. Better than the Charger's, for sure. I wasn't blown away, but there was nothing at the show for under $30k that I was blown away by.

The HHR SS was there, but I didn't sit in it... I figure it's like any other HHR inside, looks good though.

Northie and gm4 ... were you at the CAS the same day? Able to meet up?

Sorry I missed you both.

gm4life...keep those pics coming :).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"All the places I have yet to go" ... Luce ... 'Good Day'

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room