Michael Jackson

NOS2006

Sounds like he's trying to make a comeback after, what, 20 years? Would you listen to his new stuff?

I definitely would. He's got a new one out with Akon that I really like. You can tell the hint of MJ rhythm in it and it works out really good. I love MJ's old stuff, too, so I'd definitely be a fan...

With my period 2 class, we have a Friday dance... a little dance we do every Friday, where we add a new move each week. I didn't realize the kids would know about him since they're so young, but they added the "hee hee" thing with the crotch grab (although I eliminated that part and made them slide their hand up from their belly).

With my period 2 class, we have a Friday dance... a little dance we do every Friday, where we add a new move each week. I didn't realize the kids would know about him since they're so young, but they added the "hee hee" thing with the crotch grab (although I eliminated that part and made them slide their hand up from their belly).

haha How old are your students? This is a foreign language class or..?

haha How old are your students? This is a foreign language class or..?

They're 13... yup, this is an Italian class. They're SO into the Friday dance--and this class has a lot of wild kids in it, so I hold it over their heads. They want to do the dance at the end of the period, they have to be good and get all their work done. :AH-HA_wink:

Jacko is the opposite of Madonna in that no matter what he does he CAN'T reinvent himself.

I was a teenager in his heyday (mid '80s) but never really cared for Jacko...decent pop music, but I preferred new wave and rock of the day...(New Order, Talking Heads, Flock of Seagulls, Pet Shop Boys, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, U2, Prince, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, etc).

I thought he was in the midst of a successful comeback, and was making multi-platinum albums and earning millions upon millions of dollars under the name Justin Timberlake :blink: