Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The O.C.

Thank You, C&G

62 posts in this topic

Well, I don't know what's in me tonight.....maybe it's the glass of wine going to my head.....but I've been going through somewhat of a tough time lately, and while soaking in the hot tub in my complex and drinking my wine, I was thinking about some of the positive things in my life and wierdly so, my mind wandered to C&G. Everyone knows...I'm quite the opinionated critic on here when it comes to cars, but I don't usually post too much personal stuff on here....so here goes.....

Now, I'm older (37) than alot of you (most of you?) and I didn't grow up in the internet age. Truth be told, C&G is the ONLY website of this sort that I go on and post comments/blogs to. Lord knows, it seems like it's tough enough to find time to contribute to C&G.....let alone the myriad other sites out there.

But I've come to realize that we live in another age today. I met my ex online.....and I met my current BF online.....and I've realized what true enjoyment I get out of my "friends" online here at C&G.

Even those of you on here that I banter with the most (ok maybe "fight" is a better word? lol) like Oldsmoboi and CARBIZ.....I still think fondly of you guys and don't think my time on here would be as lively, and yes, enjoyable......if it wasn't for the "back-and-forth" we get into sometimes. Maybe that's what, in the real, non-online world, makes friends stay true. You can have common interests and things that bring you together.....but when you have disagreements, or battles, you can still ultimately look past them.

Oldsmoboi....for example....he and I really get into it alot of times. But when he posted about breaking up with his ex a while back, my heart sank for him. I truly felt like I would feel for a friend that had the same thing happen. Sounds like he has someone new in his life now, and I couldn't be happier for him.

And Fly.....I don't know where the f*ck that little bastard went, but I miss him. We also went at it alot. But not seeing him on here makes me feel....I don't know....sad?.....as it sounds like alot of you also feel....

Am I alone in thinking this way? Do I need to "get a life" because I'm thinking about "friends" that I've never even met in person? Maybe I'm just psycho? Who knows....

Then there was that brief chance to meet NOS in person at NAIAS. We only had about 30mins to hang.....but it was so cool to actually meet someone that I'd been chatting with for so long. Even though maybe NOS and I didn't chat or banter that much with each other, it was still really cool to <gasp> shake his actual hand...! LOL. He's a sweetheart.....and even after just meeting him in person for 30mins, when I see him posts things like about the girl he loves, I kinda feel like I can relate....just that little bit more....it's wierd....

So....I'm not going anywhere....but I just wanted to slap down some feelings on here. We're all on here for a reason....and I hope none of us ever take for granted what our "friendships" on C&G have brought us.....

awww... come over here ya big bmw humpin lug!

oh....

wait... I'm being called upstairs.... I'll be back in an hour.... or two.

Let off that whiskey and driving the Audi, you will be fine. Or best call PCS that will stop you from being emotional :P.

awww... come over here ya big bmw humpin lug!

oh....

wait... I'm being called upstairs.... I'll be back in an hour.... or two.

You can last for an hour or more?

Where have you been all my life?

(j/k)

<smooch>

Dude, it's mutual. That's why I've been coming back for this long (I'm positive it's been seven years now). This is a family to me. We're a really close-knit community and I think that's a great trait. I've had the honor of meeting many of you in person: O.C., smallchevy, knightfan, schuby, mightymouse, AAS, Josh (haha), and maybe even some others (I apologize if I'm missin' ya). I really want to meet more of you, too.. I especially want to take a route through PA one day and meet all of our members through there because I know there are a ton of you.

But anyway, I agree completely. This is where I come if I rant. I don't usually go back to my family about a lot of this stuff, I come to you guys or one of my two best friends if I have something I need to get out. Hell, I've posted everything from relationships, to being pissed, being drunk, making fun of trolls, having whore threads, etc. You're not alone in this, my friend. Just keep living it up!

Oh, and you're definitely not old, or one of the oldest, on the site.

Edited by NOS2006

Let off that whiskey and driving the Audi, you will be fine. Or best call PCS that will stop you from being emotional :P.

Actually just one glass of wine. It was just a good excuse for being emotional....

Although I have poured my first shot of tequila....lol

What's "PCS?"

Actually just one glass of wine. It was just a good excuse for being emotional....

Although I have poured my first shot of tequila....lol

What's "PCS?"

Pontiac Custom S!

Dude, it's mutual. That's why I've been coming back for this long (I'm positive it's been seven years now). This is a family to me. We're a really close-knit community and I think that's a great trait. I've had the honor of meeting many of you in person: O.C., smallchevy, knightfan, schuby, mightymouse, Josh (haha), and maybe even some others (I apologize if I'm missin' ya). I really want to meet more of you, too.. I especially want to take a route through PA one day and meet all of our members through there because I know there are a ton of you.

But anyway, I agree completely. This is where I come if I rant. I don't usually go back to my family about a lot of this stuff, I come to you guys or one of my two best friends if I have something I need to get out. Hell, I've posted everything from relationships, to being pissed, being drunk, making fun of trolls, having whore threads, etc. You're not alone in this, my friend. Just keep living it up!

Thanks bud....

I've always said a C&G reunion would be a total hoot......I don't know where we'd have it.....I'd offer to sponser it, but I know $$$ travel to SoCal would be prohibitive for alot of people on here.....but I'd do it if people wanted to....LOL

Maybe someone in PA will sponsor it....? Our midwesterners could travel by car easily.....east coasters could travel easily.....and lord knows I have enough frequent flyer miles that I could make it out there with little problem....

.....maybe a reunion....in....

.....Brookville?

LOL

Poon-thai-yak-Custom-S

Ah....YES....

I don't know much about him......prolly not as much as some of you guys.....but I do know that I got QUITE defensive when that poster came on that other thread and was like threatening him.....saying he was gonna turn him into GM and &#036;h&#33;.....

As odd as it (the concept of online "family"/friends) sounds, I do agree... It was cool to MEET NOS AT NAIAS '06(?). And, I have to admit, while driving around the O.C. or L.A. I always think how fun it would be to spot a fellow C&G'er on the road (then of course post about it in the car spotters thread).

Thanks bud....

I've always said a C&G reunion would be a total hoot......I don't know where we'd have it.....I'd offer to sponser it, but I know $$ travel to SoCal would be prohibitive for alot of people on here.....but I'd do it if people wanted to....LOL

Maybe someone in PA will sponsor it....? Our midwesterners could travel by car easily.....east coasters could travel easily.....and lord knows I have enough frequent flyer miles that I could make it out there with little problem....

.....maybe a reunion....in....

.....Brookville?

LOL

Yeah talk about reunion. Fly and I were planning to have C&G reunion at GM Heritage center when the weather was good. I think he knew a way by which we could find a tour for the day and then have dinner at some restaurant he mentioned.

As odd as it (the concept of online "family"/friends) sounds, I do agree... It was cool to MEET NOS AT NAIAS '06(?). And, I have to admit, while driving around the O.C. or L.A. I always think how fun it would be to spot a fellow C&G'er on the road (then of course post about it in the car spotters thread).

Hey.....until we get a country-wide reunion going.....

I'd LOVE to host a SoCal gathering....! There's plenty enough of us here.....(of course anyone else outside of CA would be welcome).......I envision a Saturday morning romp to "Cars and Coffee" in Irvine followed by lots of drinking and partying afterwards.......(for those that partake, you see....).....and LOTS of talking about cars.....

Ah....YES....

I don't know much about him......prolly not as much as some of you guys.....but I do know that I got QUITE defensive when that poster came on that other thread and was like threatening him.....saying he was gonna turn him into GM and &#036;h&#33;.....

Yeah, as teasing as he is sometimes, when the chips are down, he's family too :lol:

Well, well, well, my wife thinks so. :AH-HA_wink: O.C. Thanks for defending my honor the other day, but der Börger is well protected within GM, besides how did that guy know that when he called 1-800-RAT-U-OUT that I wouldn't answer the phone? :P Anyway I'm older than you I will be 39 in June. As for NOS keep your paws off of him as Mrs. PCS wants to turn him every which way but loose. All in all if I were you I would prescribe two new GM cars of your choice and call me in the morning. :smilewide:

Well, well, well, my wife thinks so. :AH-HA_wink: O.C. Thanks for defending my honor the other day, but der Börger is well protected within GM, besides how did that guy know that when he called 1-800-RAT-U-OUT that I wouldn't answer the phone? :P Anyway I'm older than you I will be 39 in June. As for NOS keep your paws off of him as Mrs. PCS wants to turn him every which way but loose. All in all if I were you I would prescribe two new GM cars of your choice and call me in the morning. :smilewide:

'08 CTS DI, 6-speed manual, loaded..........and a Z06 for fun.

And...BTW....NOS is a HOTTIE in person....for those gay boys on here....he's got it WORKIN'.....(sorry NOS....don't get offended)...that chick he's after better treat him like a GOD....!

Dude, it's mutual. That's why I've been coming back for this long (I'm positive it's been seven years now). This is a family to me. We're a really close-knit community and I think that's a great trait. I've had the honor of meeting many of you in person: O.C., smallchevy, knightfan, schuby, mightymouse, AAS, Josh (haha), and maybe even some others (I apologize if I'm missin' ya). I really want to meet more of you, too.. I especially want to take a route through PA one day and meet all of our members through there because I know there are a ton of you.

I feel pretty much the same way as NOS......it's like an extended family thing here......

I wouldn't mind meeeting up with some of the Michigan people here...even if most of you guys live on the east side... :AH-HA_wink:

I wouldn't too much about the age thing O.C., as many of us are not far behind you.... :yes:

Hey, I'm glad your back buddy.....we missed ya.... :yes:

I wouldn't too much about the age thing O.C., as many of us are not far behind you.... :yes:

LOL...I know...thanks....

Funny thing is....all those years I actually worked for GM.....there was no C&G....!

haha Thanks for the compliments, OC. However, I must say, I am already taken by both Mrs. PCS and C&G's first lady, Staceface. :P

How long ago did you stop working for GM again? I don't remember. C&G has been around for.. 8 or 9 years now? I think I came about 1.5-2 years after it started.

Dave: I, too, wouldn't mind meeting up with the other Michigan C&Gers. I know there are a few of us... We should try to make something happen in the summer or something.

haha Thanks for the compliments, OC. However, I must say, I am already taken by both Mrs. PCS and C&G's first lady, Staceface. :P

How long ago did you stop working for GM again? I don't remember. C&G has been around for.. 8 or 9 years now? I think I came about 1.5-2 years after it started.

Dave: I, too, wouldn't mind meeting up with the other Michigan C&Gers. I know there are a few of us... We should try to make something happen in the summer or something.

Yep, that could work-maybe even spring, since we all want our cars out like..now.

Bring on spring! :thumbsup:

June of 1999.....I cut my ties with GM....!

But I didn't hear about C&G until many years later.......

I'd be down for a SoCal meet up sometime. But Irvine? Let's go someplace with some character or something. One of the beach cities, Santa Monica or even Pasadena.

I'd be down for a SoCal meet up sometime. But Irvine? Let's go someplace with some character or something.

Wanna fly into Flint? :smilewide:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0