Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Woot! Bought a new (to me) car

lakefire

Well, I finally purchased a project car after wanting one for at least 13 years. Here were my prerequisites: RWD, Manual, T-Tops or Convertible, Sporty, Cheap.

I looked at a few cars, and was willing to make sacrifices if needed to. I looked at F-Bodies, G-Bodies, BMW 633's, Volvo 244's, and a few others that I decided against.

Well, I'm going to play a game, who can guess the car? It met all of the above requirements. If y'all don't guess it quickly I will start to give hints. And technically I haven't bought it yet as it is still in another city.

300ZX. :P

quoted for the win.

I saw some cool Old's cutlass's here in town but the guy wanted more than I could afford. The bimmer would probably be too expensive to work on. Ultimately my only real choice for my price range was the 300zx. I ended up spending $1100 for a running 1987 Turbo. Straight body and decent interior (no major rips). Granted it's going to need work, but I finally got a project car. He's a shot he provided for reference.

300zx.jpg

Cliff Notes:

1987 300zx Turbo

131k miles

$1100

5 Speed

T-Tops

Straight Body

Good Interior - Red

Needs Engine work

quoted for the win.

I saw some cool Old's cutlass's here in town but the guy wanted more than I could afford. The bimmer would probably be too expensive to work on. Ultimately my only real choice for my price range was the 300zx. I ended up spending $1100 for a running 1987 Turbo. Straight body and decent interior (no major rips). Granted it's going to need work, but I finally got a project car. He's a shot he provided for reference.

300zx.jpg

Cliff Notes:

1987 300zx Turbo

131k miles

$1100

5 Speed

T-Tops

Straight Body

Good Interior - Red

Needs Engine work

No joke, the guy I first fell in love with had that exact year, body, color inside and out, t-tops, etc. At the time I didn't know stick or I would have driven it. It's a nice ride :) Congrats!

Cliff Notes:

1987 300zx Turbo

131k miles

$1100

5 Speed

T-Tops

Straight Body

Good Interior - Red

Needs Engine work

Wow ... seems like a great deal ... CONGRATS :).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Count your blessings now 'fore they're long gone" ... Pink ... 'Who Knew'

There was a decent GN for sale in the area but he wanted 11k. I also saw a sweet t-type, but I was afraid to call and ask price because it was so nice. No way it was going for $1100. Here are some photos that the seller took.

300front.jpg

300interior.jpg

300engine.jpg