Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daves87rs

Now I am really going to kick the Cobalt.....

50 posts in this topic

This car is killing me.... :banghead:

This is why you should never help family out (by buying one of the cars)... :unsure::P

I took it to the dealership and found some stuff out:

- My slow to shift trans (only when cold) is common on the year of my Balt for some reason (2006)

- That even though the brakes were strange (pedal), they were fine.

Part that surprised the heck out of me: all FOUR steelies are bent- two pretty good. Now, the ride issue it has I thought was due to the fact that it is due for tires, but I wasn't expecting that....how does that happen, anyways? I didn't realize that there was that many potholes around here... :rolleyes:

Now I expected a few issues...but wow, this is getting silly.....

The cool thing the dealership did was letting me back to the work area and really get a good chance to look over the car, something I have not been able to do due to the cold and the snow....

Fun part was I had half the shop BSing with me while helping me out... :)

I'd kick my cobalt, but I'm afraid the wheel might fall off..... :rolleyes::lol:

At 101,000 km:

I have replaced:

Oil (and filters)

Wiper blades

Tires

Taillight bulb

That's IT.

I'm extremely happy. I realize this is not everyone's situation, but I just had to support the car which has been so awesome to me.

edit: forgot the filters and bulb

Edited by the_yellow_dart

Mr. Dart, good lord, 101,000 km? I thought that yellow thing circling the earth every day was the sun. I stand corrected... it's Super 'Balt! :)

That sucks man, sorry to hear that it's been so troublesome for you. How do all four wheels get bent? :blink:

Besides the poor city fuel economy, cheapo interior and that one time the tranny didn't want to shift, the Cobalt I had was trouble free.

40k with our 2005 with no issues. We loved it. We got great gas mileage, but we also had a manual.

At 101,000 km:

I have replaced:

Oil

Wiper blades

Tires

That's IT.

I'm extremely happy. I realize this is not everyone's situation, but I just had to support the car which has been so awesome to me.

Nice. :)

My buddy picked a 05 Balt so he could park his truck w/ 50k on it......it has 75k on it now.

He has the same things done as you, save for a headlight bulb....

That sucks man, sorry to hear that it's been so troublesome for you. How do all four wheels get bent? :blink:

Besides the poor city fuel economy, cheapo interior and that one time the tranny didn't want to shift, the Cobalt I had was trouble free.

I'm guessing that "other" owner.... :banghead:

I haven't put that many miles on it yet....haven't hit that many potholes yet....

40k with our 2005 with no issues. We loved it. We got great gas mileage, but we also had a manual.

:scratchchin:

If I wasn't in the burbs...and it wasn't light city-I'd consider a manual in a heart beat....

just regular oil changes and replaced the tires/wiper blades once each. Though I don't think refilling the washer fluid every time I turn around counts as too much of an inconvenience.

I have a manual, too, and I drive the HELL out of the thing. No problems.

Edited by Turbojett

You'll get it sorted out, don't sweat it.

When you've run it 278,987 miles and your droping it off at Michigan Metal Recycling this will seem like small stuff.

Offer to kick my wife's Mazda is still open, BTW.

Chris

This is why I never buy used.

I am with oncblu. If I want used cars I already have 2 of them And I know what they need. I would like to stick with new. Leasing works out well for me provided I get the terms I got on the Equinox. Next time though I may get an Impala. I would rather lease a new one than buy a used one that somebody either didnt care about or a rental at the hands of everybody. I guess I am lucky that I am with the majority around here where FWD doesnt bother them.

You'll get it sorted out, don't sweat it.

When you've run it 278,987 miles and your droping it off at Michigan Metal Recycling this will seem like small stuff.

Offer to kick my wife's Mazda is still open, BTW.

Chris

:scratchchin:

Tempting, oh so much....

Eh, I normally don't either..I kinda "picked" it up...

*grins devilishly*

Then, instead of kicking it, "pick" it up again ... and throw it ;). he he

Seriously, though, sorry you are having problems. Mom and Dad have had no problems (that I know of, anyway) with their used 2007 orange Cobalt sedan.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"What you said when you left just left me cold and out of breath" ... Chris Daughtry ... 'Over You'

Somestime you get a used car that is a troublesome money pit and sometimes you get one that is very reliable and drives like new.

True, Dodgefan. But there are so many "off rental" used cars on the market these days, and rental cars get abused horribly. Even a private owner, if they have buyer's remorse, may treat their car badly until they can get rid of it. Just be careful if you need to buy used.

Wow I thought you lived and worked right downtown

At 101,000 km:

I have replaced:

Oil (and filters)

Wiper blades

Tires

Taillight bulb

That's IT.

edit: forgot the filters and bulb

*grins devilishly*

Then, instead of kicking it, "pick" it up again ... and throw it ;). he he

Seriously, though, sorry you are having problems. Mom and Dad have had no problems (that I know of, anyway) with their used 2007 orange Cobalt sedan.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"What you said when you left just left me cold and out of breath" ... Chris Daughtry ... 'Over You'

Very true...

True, Dodgefan. But there are so many "off rental" used cars on the market these days, and rental cars get abused horribly. Even a private owner, if they have buyer's remorse, may treat their car badly until they can get rid of it. Just be careful if you need to buy used.

Yeah, I was extremely lucky with my used car purchase.

I live downtown, I work in Pickering.

Usually cars get beaten up downtown...you should see my neighbors Impy...

That's why you don't buy used cars that were fleeted. Duh. :P

That's why you don't buy used cars that were fleeted. Duh. :P

Though I've seen fleet cars in better shape than some of the used cars on th lot...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0