The SS Thread

Spring is here; time for the Spring/Summer Thread!

It has been (and, in some ways, continues to be) a LONG, cold, snowy winter, for some of us.... BUT, with spring arriving, I'm looking forward to...

... softball/baseball (Dad's Friday night Elgin city league team; bro-in-law's Tuesday night Elgin city league team).

... warmer temps and SUNSHINE!

... getting my older 4 Monte Carlos out (hopefully earlier than I did last year).

... gatherings, reunions, car cruises and shows (including the July 26 Chicagoland area gathering).

... traveling/road trips, though not as much as I'd like (including Pennsylvania, June 27-29; Indiana / Ohio / Pennsylvania / New Jersey /Maryland / Arlington VA, August 8-12; central-southern IL / St Louis MO, October 3-5). And, yes, one of these years I WILL get to Boston/NY AND to CA via MN, etc, etc, etc....

... finding a winter beater ('77-'79 Caprice; '89-'90 Caprice 9C1; Monte Carlo?; something else?) for next winter ... and MAYBE adding a Monte Carlo SS to my MC family (though, I wouldn't mind a 1975 Caprice Classic convertible, either)!

What are YOU looking forward to this spring/summer?

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I think it's time to give this game a ride" ... John Fogerty ... 'Centerfield'

Spending time with my daughter.

Vacation to Alaska

Cross Continental trip across Canada by rail.

Cruise on the Great Lakes

Spending time with my guy and possibly getting married in Canada.

A trip back home to IL to spend some time at the farm.

And finally, Getting the Corvette out and taking it on a long drive!

Financial stability. :AH-HA_wink:

For real. That and plugging away at my Suburban for little things, and the Eldorado as time and money allows.

Knightfan: buy the Caprice before prices get even more retarded than they already are. You're in luck that Monte Carlos haven't caught on yet in the way that some of their mechanically identical cousins (Chevelle, Camaro) have, so you have time to add an SS to the fleet. Hold out for a really nice Aerocoupe or something weird.

I really can't wait to get my power mods installed on the Cobalt as soon as we've got a consistent 50+ degrees outside. Hopefully in about a month! And in about a week I'll be installing a whole new sound system that I can't wait for.

Then it'll be going back to school and, as soon as the weather breaks, getting to play and get drunk on the volleyball court (we just redid the vb court and front deck at our fraternity last spring and it's awesome).

Also, vacations. I'm not sure where I'll be working for my summer work term... possibly SC, FL, or Detroit again. However, I'll probably be going to the Upper Peninsula with my two best friends and some others to camp for a few days after I get out of school for the spring (sometime in June) and that should be a whole lot of fun!

Financial stability.

Ahhh...that would be nice!

A trip back home to IL to spend some time at the farm.

Whereabouts in IL?

Knightfan: buy the Caprice before prices get even more retarded than they already are. You're in luck that Monte Carlos haven't caught on yet in the way that some of their mechanically identical cousins (Chevelle, Camaro) have, so you have time to add an SS to the fleet. Hold out for a really nice Aerocoupe or something weird.

*grins*

I intend to ;). I have my eye on something right now, actually ... but, trying to "hold off" until I secure a winter beater. Course, I don't want to wait TOO long.

As for the Caprices ... most of the ones I've seen around here either have vinyl tops (which I do not want) or look like they've been beaten to a pulp. So, the search continues.... I'm still sorta kickin' myself for not buying that 2-tone green '79 Caprice I saw late last summer/early last fall. I could always have had it repainted.....

*sighs*

And.....dangblasted ... I guess the joke is on those of us in Chicagoland. A day after Spring starts, we have a winter storm warning ... 5-7 inches (or so) of snow by Friday evening. Wonderful.

*rolls eyes*

Thursday was absolutely GORGEOUS ... sunshine and upper 40s/lower 50s. Friday will be ... ugh.

*pauses*

Spring IS here ... right?

"I guess I'm feeling just a little tired of this" ... Keith Urban ... 'You'll Think Of Me'

Elburn, IL

Ohhhh....I asked you that before, didn't I? Woops ... sorry, I had forgotten. Elburn isn't that far away from where I am, actually.

"You can always go home but you can never go back" ... John & Audrey Wiggins ... 'Has Anybody Seen Amy?'

Looking forward to getting the 1981 and 1985 out more. I know I will have to get the A/C fixed in both. The 1981 Bonneville should fall under warranty though if its like the last 3 years. So it wont cost me anything. Dont know what the 1985 will need. But I want it to work. Dont like to roast in my own car especially on a road trip. After that on the 1981 get the leaks fixed so water doesnt leak in the trunk through the seams that run from the back window to the trunk. I cuacked the areas but it doesnt look too good. Maybe try to improve the sound system in the 1985. All origional. also got to fix the fan switch in the 1985. It doesnt work on high. I know its the switch because VERY occassionally I can get it to work in high.

Ohhhh....I asked you that before, didn't I? Woops ... sorry, I had forgotten. Elburn isn't that far away from where I am, actually.

"You can always go home but you can never go back" ... John & Audrey Wiggins ... 'Has Anybody Seen Amy?'

Yeah, I have been to Elgin many times. My favorite pizza place is in South Elgin off Randall Rd. I really like that area.

As for me I have a very busy summer coming.....

So do I! But, that's the way I like it ;).

Yeah, I have been to Elgin many times. My favorite pizza place is in South Elgin off Randall Rd. I really like that area.

If it's the place I'm thinking of, that's still Elgin, afaik. It's the pizza place across from Wendy's and Menards, right? Corner of Bowes and Randall Rds....

"I hope you remember me" ... Our Lady Peace ... 'Somewhere Out There'

If it's the place I'm thinking of, that's still Elgin, afaik. It's the pizza place across from Wendy's and Menards, right? Corner of Bowes and Randall Rds....

Hmmmm. I dunno if there is a Wendys or a Menards near. I just know its called Giordanos. Best Chicago stuffed pizza I've ever had.

Hmmmm. I dunno if there is a Wendys or a Menards near. I just know its called Giordanos. Best Chicago stuffed pizza I've ever had.

Then, I don't think it is the same place. I'm not sure where Giordanos is along Randall Rd. Is it near an intersection with another road ... or in the middle of a strip mall area?

"Where do you begin?" ... Dolly Parton ... 'Starting Over Again'

It's on the end of a strip mall. I cannot remember the road that Randall intersects with where it is located. I will ask next time I talk to my family. I love that area. I'd like to move there someday.

Ohhh....I think I may know which one now...and, if it is the one I'm thinking of, it isn't where I thought it was ;). he he

I think!

"Those might be the best days we will ever know" ... Little Texas ... 'What Might've Been'

Ya know ... I was thinking the same thing, K.C.

Dangumit ... now I AM hungry ... lol.

"Love is a stranger avoiding me" ... Richard Marx ... 'Chains Around My Heart'

Its much better than Unos.

Oh my goodness yes!

It's better than anything, really....

"You don't know what you have 'til your everything is gone" ... Blessid Union of Souls ... 'I Wanna Be There'

Oh yeah! Not better than sex, though. I got me a pizza on the way! WOO HOO!

LOL!

I almost had pizza for lunch today, but we went to Max & Erma's instead.

*sighs*

As for sex ... well, I wouldn't know :(.

"A broken heart can't be that bad" ... Mr. Big ... 'To Be With You'

LOL!

I almost had pizza for lunch today, but we went to Max & Erma's instead.

*sighs*

As for sex ... well, I wouldn't know :(.

"A broken heart can't be that bad" ... Mr. Big ... 'To Be With You'

If you've had the pizza, then you're ready for the sex :lol:

If you've had the pizza, then you're ready for the sex :lol:

LOL!

Yeah, no freekin' kidding on that one...................so very ready.

Aye.

"Can't help but think of yesterday" ... George Michael ... 'Faith'

Agreed.

But for anyone who thinks pizza, or anything else for that matter, is better than sex. You're not doing it right.

Oh buddy, I am doing it right, but unfortunately I am no longer single and can give no other personal demonstrations. Sorry 'blu. :P:lol:

Cool thread idea.

Here's my list:

1: Repair B-59 (just ordered up a boatload of parts at NAPA last night)

2: Carb. rebuild for Banana Boat

3: Sell B-59 once H2O pump/head-gasket/carb. rebuild/wiring harness/sway bar/misc. repairs are done

4: Take 80% of the money from the B-59 and buy either a solid B-59 hardtop (Invicta or E225)

OR

4.01: Buy pre-war car... '38 Buick, '33 Chevrolet, '36 Pontiac, '37 Plymouth or '34 Buick

5. Buy a Mercedes Benz 300CE hardtop

*grumbles*

Sometimes, I hate being single......lol.

Cool thread idea.

*nods*

Thanks, Sixty8!

Ya know ... I thought of you earlier today. Saw a couple different Caddys similar to your Banana Boat on craigslist.... he he.

"No good news in the news this morning" ... Lacy J Dalton ... 'Black Coffee'