'10 H3 to get HF 3.6 V-6

Autoblog

Autoblog is reporting that the 3.7L 5 cylinder is going away in the H3 and being replaced by the 3.6 V-6. The article also mentions upcoming diesel application in the H2 and H3. I wonder what will become of the Alpha model. Will it get a more powerful V-8?

If it will fit in the H3 engine bay, then it will fit in the Colorado's engine bay. I couldn't help but wonder if the H3 with the 3.6 will get better mileage than the 3.7 I-5 because the V-6 will not have to work as hard. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

the 3.6L would be very welcome in the H3 i'm sure.. along with a 6speed or 2-mode.

as far as the alpha... ..... hm... 6.0L , just a tranny/slight tune option, or it'll die.

wonder what gm will do with the 4cyl in the CO/Canyon.... 2.4L DI, DI the current one, or ..wonder how viable the 2.0L turbo would be...?

Autoblog

Autoblog is reporting that the 3.7L 5 cylinder is going away in the H3 and being replaced by the 3.6 V-6. The article also mentions upcoming diesel application in the H2 and H3. I wonder what will become of the Alpha model. Will it get a more powerful V-8?

Amazing.....JUST amazing.....!

This is great news.....

.....but how many of us on here so many years ago said this is exactly what GM should have done from the beginning? (SOME sort of V6 or the I6, etc.)

The company is just FLAT amazing........

:nono:

But in any event, the 3.6L HF V6 will certainly give the H3 a serious leg-up over the old pushrod 3.8L V6 in the Wrangler.......

Amazing.....JUST amazing.....!

This is great news.....

.....but how many of us on here so many years ago said this is exactly what GM should have done from the beginning? (SOME sort of V6 or the I6, etc.)

The company is just FLAT amazing........

:nono:

But in any event, the 3.6L HF V6 will certainly give the H3 a serious leg-up over the old pushrod 3.8L V6 in the Wrangler.......

Well, better late than pregnant.

Don't forget, a lot of Jeep ppl rue the day the 4.0L inline six was discontinued.

Yeah so do I.

That engine was a workhorse......

I wish they would have re-engineered it.....or designed a new I6.

But you know.....an I6 really does have limited applications. You can't just stuff it under ANY hood.....maybe that's the reason they abandoned it. However, I'd assume it would fit under the Ram's hood....be a good base engine....and it would most likely fit in the Grand Cherokee too....????

I've never seen under the hood of a Trailblazer is the I6 slant mounted like BMWs are?

If not, couldn't modifying the engine to be a slant block install help out a lot with packaging?

I'm thinking the problem is more length-wise.

An I6 is longer front-to-rear (obviously) than even a V8.........but they've done it before.