Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Pontiac Pursuit Coupe real world pics

You mean... it actually does get its own wheels?!?!?!? OMG!?!?!?!? :lol: :P Wow, it does look good. It's just sad that it is a Cobalt clone. Really sad. I mean, it does look good. Very good, but like the Torrent and knowing that it's a clone seriously takes away from it. Well, I guess I should just be glad I don't live in Canada. :D

Atleast it was mostly different than it's Chevrolet counterpart... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I never cared for the Sunfire front end, but I did like the backend of the last ones...the V-eed rear bumper was at least distinctive...

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this would be the appropriate place to post these: here are pictures of my brand new 2006 Pontiac Pursuit SE Coupe. You can't see it, but this one comes with the optional sunroof. The SE Coupe comes with 16" wheels and a 2.0L 145 hp engine. The interior is slightly different from the Cobalt. The speedometer and odometer gauges light up red at night in the classic Pontiac way, but the rest of the display lights are an off white.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by aurum

Congrats on the purchase aurum! I think I may like the Pursuit's front end a little better than the Cobalt's, but I happen to like the Cobalt's rear end better on the coupe version.

[post="37908"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. The better Pursuit front end is the reason I bought it over the Cobalt. The Cobalt did have those nice round tail lights though.

I thought this would be the appropriate place to post these: here are pictures of my brand new 2006 Pontiac Pursuit SE Coupe.  You can't see it, but this one comes with the optional sunroof.   The SE Coupe comes with 16" wheels and a 2.0L 145 hp engine.  The interior is slightly different from the Cobalt.  The speedometer and odometer gauges light up red at night in the classic Pontiac way, but the rest of the display lights are an off white.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

[post="37898"][/post]

Congrats on the vehicle purchase. Please give us updates every now and then on how you are enjoying the car!

If the grill insert didn't look like total ass, it would be a decent alternative to the Cobalt.

[post="40253"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ironically, I chose the pursuit over the cobalt because I like the Pontiac's grill and front end a lot more than Cobalt's. However I feel that the cobalt has a better back end, thanks to those four 'afterburner' type tail lights lifted from the corvette.

I've seen the sedan a couple of times already in my area especially on the weekend when the Canadians come over the border to go shopping. It's very unusual to see it in person. I'm still debating whether it looks good or not since the grill looks like it's tacked on. The coupe on the other hand looks a bit more original. Thank God for that. Congrats on your purchase Aurum!

Ironically, I chose the pursuit over the cobalt because I like the Pontiac's grill and front end a lot more than Cobalt's. However I feel that the cobalt has a better back end, thanks to those four 'afterburner' type tail lights lifted from the corvette.

[post="40721"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually the cobalts tailights aren't taken from the Corvette, they're "inspired" by the Corvette.

Personally, I think GM should've used THIS rear end treatment for the Cobalt coupe and put the Corvette inspired round units on the Cobalt sedan. These taillights just flow better with the bumper cut and would attract more import intenders... The sedan, with it's bland rear roof line could've benefited greatly from the cool circular units.