craigslist Maine retard

http://maine.craigslist.org/car/679606893.html

This ad is for a car he "found in the woods," meaning it doesn't belong to him. He also does not even say that these woods are on property that he may own.

And he wants to charge you to look at it.

Then what? If you decide you like it he'll sell you the car he doesn't own and therefore has zero legal right to sell?

(all this aside from the fact that the car looks like it was hit by a locomotive and then sat in the ocean for 40 years)

And people from Maine wonder why the rest of the country thinks they're all mentally retarded inbreds and make fun of them!

Edited by XP715

That's a stereotype I've never heard of before.

Agreed. My friend was born and raised in Maine, and graduated Summa Cum Laude (however it's spelled), from Dartmouth, and speaks 5 languages fluently, and he's learning 2 more.

Agreed. My friend was born and raised in Maine, and graduated Summa Cum Laude (however it's spelled), from Dartmouth, and speaks 5 languages fluently, and he's learning 2 more.

I have a friend who is from Maine, he graduated from Stanford, and is one of the smartest (and smart-assedist) software architects I know...

Are all of you guys friends from cities and towns within 30 miles of the Massachusetts/New Hampshire border or places like Portland or yuppie paradises like Boothbay Harbor or college towns like Lewiston? This would explain a lot. But have any of you ever actually traveled through the heart of Maine and talked to any of the locals? Overall (meaning not everybody I have encountered, but MOST everybody), and this is speaking from first hand experience, they are the biggest bunch of filthy, unintelligent flannel-wearing rubes you'll ever come across. I've met all kinds of people from the uppermost asscracks of Vermont, New Hampshire, the hills of Appalachia, and plenty of southerners that have these same stereotypes applied to them, and nearly every single time they have not lived up to any part of any stereotype they have been assigned. Mainers seem to be the only ones where the stereotypes stick with any sort of frequency.

IIRC, my Maine fiend is originally from Bar Harbor...

I've been to Maine once, about 15 years ago...my sister and I drove up from the Boston area (she lived in Weston and had a Saab 900 Turbo, a stereotypical NE car of the era), we day tripped up to Kennebunk/port and Portland..the coast was pretty scenic, though I'll admit I don't recall much about the local folk.

Are all of you guys friends from cities and towns within 30 miles of the Massachusetts/New Hampshire border or places like Portland or yuppie paradises like Boothbay Harbor or college towns like Lewiston? This would explain a lot. But have any of you ever actually traveled through the heart of Maine and talked to any of the locals? Overall (meaning not everybody I have encountered, but MOST everybody), and this is speaking from first hand experience, they are the biggest bunch of filthy, unintelligent flannel-wearing rubes you'll ever come across. I've met all kinds of people from the uppermost asscracks of Vermont, New Hampshire, the hills of Appalachia, and plenty of southerners that have these same stereotypes applied to them, and nearly every single time they have not lived up to any part of any stereotype they have been assigned. Mainers seem to be the only ones where the stereotypes stick with any sort of frequency.

:rolleyes:

And everyone in California is a starstruck anorexic vegan faggot working as a barista at Starbucks before he hits it big as a slash professional (actor/singer/model), right? Or one of "Newport's Finest" driving around DUI in their brand new SLR daddy bought them on their 16th birthday? Because all the Californians you hear about on Perez Hilton and MTV are that way, no?

Sorry, but I describe individual people as walking stereotypes, not whole swaths of a geographical area.

Edited by Croc

That's a stereotype I've never heard of before.

Maybe I was mistaken in that it is not a nationwide stereotype (although you could have fooled me with some of the stuff you hear on television and radio), but it is certainly a huge stereotype in this region of the country, and sadly one that seems to be largely true.

Peanut gallery? If you're basically saying that I was ignorant to make such a statement, aren't you AS ignorant for more or less insinuating that it must not hold any truth if you've never heard of it?

Sorry to everybody who crossed paths with one person from Maine twenty years ago that actually breathed through their nose; I was sadly mistaken, I guess. Personal experience means nothing.

I just figured Maine's 'stereotype' was that it was a haven for women who like big dogs, and drive their Subaru's to shop at LL Bean.

Oh that one's DEFINITELY true :lol: :lol: :lol:

Might I remind everyone that stereotypes are often based in reality. (For better or worse)

That car is in VERY bad shape... It almost looks like the "river bank" cars down here in the south. Back in the 70's junkyards would crush absolutely gorgeous classics and sell them to the state which would use them to hold up banks on the sides of rivers. I drive past a bunch of them everyday. If only we could've saved some of them. :(

That car is in VERY bad shape... It almost looks like the "river bank" cars down here in the south. Back in the 70's junkyards would crush absolutely gorgeous classics and sell them to the state which would use them to hold up banks on the sides of rivers. I drive past a bunch of them everyday. If only we could've saved some of them. :(

I can think of a few cars like that on a river in New Hampshire. Of course, they were AMC Hornets so the junkyard did us all a favor in that case!

Tucked way in Maine--can't remember the town's name. He grew up with an outhouse. They could barely afford food. He got to Dartmouth on scholarships.

I love Maine, and there's plenty of awesome people in Maine and things I like about the

state/residents/locales/visitor traps... but I gave also met the kind of people XP is

referring to.... that aside this guy is a blatant retard.

He deserves a slap and/or kick in the balls.