Exposed: Nissan 370Z

Exposed: Nissan 370Z
Let's hope the Z car doesn't become a pig. Again.
nissan_z(35)_emblem.jpg
Link to original Article @ Carscoop

Thanks to a vivid Carscoop reader who wishes to remain anonymous, we now have the first (semi) official shot of the forthcoming Nissan 370Z. From what he told us, the camera-phone picture was shot during a recent Nissan event. Although the picture isn’t of the best quality, it’s apparent that the 370Z’s design is more of an evolution of the current 350Z, albeit a bit more muscular.

Power will come from a revised version of the Infiniti G37’s 3.7-liter V6 engine (hence the name 370Z), which should deliver somewhere in-between 330 and 350Hp. The rear-wheel-drive 370Z will be offered with both manual and automatic transmissions. The unveiling of the 370Z is expected to take place this fall at the 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show on November 19.
Edited by YellowJacket894

Looks more agressive but I'm not sure I like the goofy French headlights.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Interesting. I'll reserve judgement until I see more pics.

Ah, but what the hell:

- Interesting arrow-shaped headlights. I don't know if I'm sold on these yet - also found on the Maxima - these headlights are kinda like a designer said "we've run out ideas - how can we make this look different" and came up with this design...read: half-baked.

- It appears that they took some of the "weight" out of the design, which was one of my biggest criticisms of the current generation.

- The dip in the greenhouse has good intentions, but comes off as either a forced retro-tribute or attempt to mimic French quirkiness. read: not authentic.

- The flat creases surrounding the wheel wells are too thick and clash with the overall design. Kind of like ricer ground effects on a sultry Jaguar.

...other than that, not bad!

Is it me or does the greenhouse look like it will be shared with the GT-R? It seems more blocky then the current greenhouse. Perhaps it is just the angle of the picture. If it looks like the greenhouse area of the GT-R I will not like it. But if it looks more like the current design then I think it looks good. 300 to 350 hp....sounds tempting!

• 5 months later...