PCS your next classic awaits...

The best thing I can say about that picture is that it is better looking than a Yaris. :unsure:

Ahhhhh, Der Opel Kadett! :wub: From the Kadett sprang the Chevette. I think my next car will be a wagon, I will either get the CTS wagon, or a Saab Turbo X Sportcombi, or perhaps a Saabillac BLS wagon. I'm feeling in a wagon mood.

Thanks for the pic BP.

The GM history aspect described in the auction listing made it interesting...

This vehicle is a special car. It was one of six shipped over from Germany to the US by Bunkie Knudsen, then head of the GMC Import Division. The decision was made to upgrade the motor to a 1.9 engine (later used in the Opel GT), add an automatic transmission, and air conditioning. Options they felt neccesary to sell the cars in the US market.

This car was later sold to Bunkies sister and brother in law, John Stevenson, in Florida. In 1980 the car was moved up to Michigan for use in the Stevenson summer home. There are four more documented owners after that, to include a collector of station wagons.

Edited by BigPontiac

Cute. I love how ol' Bunkie knew that to sell an Opel over here, some upgrades had to be made. Funny how the Astra has been criticized for THE VERY SAME THREE THINGS in 2008! Small engine. Automatic trans that oddly (for the US) shifts into neutral at stoplights, and air conditioning that you have to pay extra for in the base car. History repeats itself. Where is GM's new Bunkie Knudsen?

I would still like to see small station wagons like the late Focus return to the U.S. market.

We had the Optra wagon and it was selling okay, then GM summarily yanked the entire Optra line from Canada. Not sure why. We sold a stink load of them last year. Probably because the Pontiac dealers whined that they didn't have one. <_<

Although a little under powered, the Optra wagon was very well finished inside. Very square in the back and lots of room.

A 1967 Opel Kadett? I remember the dealer brochure with them!

But, although buick disibuted them in the US, they never put the Buick name on the body of them, right?

Buick didn't bring this car over from Europe, Bunkie Knudsen did. Just as I have plans to bring two models over from Europe when I return to the USA for good, say somewhere around the end of 2010, the beginning of 2011. :AH-HA_wink:

Smithers and Mr. Burns will be in GM's headquarters soon, very soon, no matter where that may happen to be. :smilewide:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Buick didn't bring this car over from Europe, Bunkie Knudsen did. Just as I have plans to bring two models over from Europe when I return to the USA for good, say somewhere around the end of 2010, the beginning of 2011. :AH-HA_wink:

Smithers and Mr. Burns will be in GM's headquarters soon, very soon, no matter where that may happen to be. :smilewide:

I so hope that one of the two models you're bringing over is the Pontiac G8 SportWagon! :AH-HA_wink: <side note: not everyone will be able to afford the Cadillac CTS wagon, just so you don't throw that back at me :P > I'd be willing to hold off on getting an early 2010 GM vehicle if Pontiac would be selling the SportWagon sometime in late 2010 :AH-HA_wink:

I so hope that one of the two models you're bringing over is the Pontiac G8 SportWagon! :AH-HA_wink: <side note: not everyone will be able to afford the Cadillac CTS wagon, just so you don't throw that back at me :P > I'd be willing to hold off on getting an early 2010 GM vehicle if Pontiac would be selling the SportWagon sometime in late 2010 :AH-HA_wink:

Check the link, post number 8. http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...mp;#entry409979