Nissan planning Murano convertible

Robert Hall

ive heard that been said about GM's products a time or two... SSR & aztec come to mind...

SSR I can believe, but the Aztec was one of the first of the big crossovers, predated only by the RX and the much smaller RAV4 and CRV. Complain about styling all you want, but "Large Crossover?" was a question everyone was asking....

Isn't the point of a crossover to have the SUV storage/styling but have it handle like a car? Doesn't this defeat the "storage" part?

Yes...but this is a novelty variation...they have the regular Murano for the storage part.

OMG, there's no C-pillar = DEATHTR4P!!!!!!!'

Hpw could our government let this happen.

Somewhere out there Ralph Nader and Al Gore

are curled up fetal positon, cryling like babies!

----

Now that I got that off my chest Here's how I feel:

A+ for creativity!

WHY NOT!?!?

Is it something I'd ever buy? NO, but I'd be more

likely to buy THIS ragtop than most of taday's

ragtops, I personally think ANYTIME a company

thinks outside the box they deserve to be praised,

saluted and commended!

Now any of you "doom & gloom" naysayers wanna

tell me how your vaginas hurt, and there's nothing

to be done about the lack of creativiy in production

cars these days....

Blah-blah... ROLLOVER standards... $@%*#^ :fryingpan:

Now which one of you b!tches want to be the first

to apologize for all the bull$h!, exageration &

negativity surrounding your theories about how the

Camaro, Challenger and CTS-coupe' could NEVER

be hardtops in 2009/2010.

I'm waiting.

:suburban:

A+ for creativity!

WHY NOT!?!?

Yeah, it is novel...whether it will sell or not is another story. Why not a Caddy SRX convertible?

More importantly, though, is a CTS convertible...what with the 3-series convertible, the CLK convertible, G37 and A5 convertibles on the way, Cadillac needs to follow up the CTS coupe with a CTS convertible..

Kinda funky. Should not be in Buick Enclave Mocha for such a photo op...a bright orange or 'fun' color would really have made the car pop! The Mocha color kinda makes it look like a station wagon that had it's roof hacksawed off.

A+ for creativity, and when you really look at it, isn't this a reply to the 4-door Wrangler Unlimited for those people who do NOT need Detroit lockers front and rear, 18 skid plates, 42-inch swampers on 20-inch wheels all being hauled around by a 3.5 liter dog of a motor hauling it all around at 12 mpg all to get to the beach or mall?

The more Sly posts, the more I start to think he actually is Maddox....

For the record I had to google Maddox to know what/who

in the heck you were talking about... Armenian I am not,

but opiniated & fired up as hell I AM! :fiery:

And if I was famous enough to have my own Wiki page

I would already own a V16 Cadillac :wink:

Edited by Sixty8panther

Kinda funky. Should not be in Buick Enclave Mocha for such a photo op...a bright orange or 'fun' color would really have made the car pop! The Mocha color kinda makes it look like a station wagon that had it's roof hacksawed off.

A+ for creativity, and when you really look at it, isn't this a reply to the 4-door Wrangler Unlimited for those people who do NOT need Detroit lockers front and rear, 18 skid plates, 42-inch swampers on 20-inch wheels all being hauled around by a 3.5 liter dog of a motor hauling it all around at 12 mpg all to get to the beach or mall?

Kind of... it's a Wrangler Unlimited for suburbia..'born to be mild'.

I would rather see a convertible version of the Altima coupe or a four door convertible based off the new Maxima. This just seems different for the sake of being different. Is Nissan going to chase BMW in the race to create new and unnecessary niches?

I would rather see them spend the time, effort, and money to make the Sentra an attractive and sportier looking compact sedan (as well as a cool compact coupe). The current Sentra looks a little out of place in Nissan's lineup, especially sitting next to its Altima and Maxima sedan siblings. With the Versa sedan and 5-door taking the Sentra's place in Nissan's lineup as affordable, entry level products, it seems that Nissan would have taken the Sentra in a sportier direction design wise. This seems like more of a priority for Nissan than trying to create a new market niche with a convertible crossover version of the Murano.

For the record I had to google Maddox to know what/who

in the heck you were talking about... Armenian I am not,

but opiniated & fired up as hell I AM! :fiery:

And if I was famous enough to have my own Wiki page

I would already own a V16 Cadillac :wink:

Hmmm...I've heard to two Maddoxes--a politician named Lester Maddox and Angelina Jolie's son.