regfootball

REVIEW...."ACURA"....."CSX"

23 posts in this topic

I love how TTAC blasts Detroit for badge engineering and that is exactly what the CSX is, but it gets 4 stars.

Edited by Dodgefan

I wonder if the '09 will get the shield grille.

I love how TTAC blasts Detroit for badge engineering and that is exactly what the CSX is, but it gets 4 stars.

Yes, CSX is to Civic what G5 is to Cobalt. Same kind of blatant badge engineering.

I wouldn't call the ES badge-engineered though, it's platform sharing with the Camry, as the Aura and G6 do with the Malibu. Or the current LaCrosse with the Impala. Same dirty bits, different body and interior.

Edited by moltar

Yes, CSX is to Civic what G5 is to Cobalt. Same kind of blatant badge engineering.

I wouldn't call the ES badge-engineered though, it's platform sharing with the Camry, as the Aura and G6 do with the Malibu. Or the current LaCrosse with the Impala. Same dirty bits, different body and interior.

Yup.

shows you what a bag of sht TTAC is

oh ya,

and first thing that comes to mind with that "name"

csx-2.jpg

Yeah...that CSX needs more chrome...not sure about the two tone paint.

Honda of Japan loved the Acura CSX so much that it served as a template for the JDM Civic.
Ok I am not entirely sure, but I would be willing to bet a pretty penny that it was Canada who rebadged the JDM Civic, and NOT the other way around.

The bias swings both ways. But I don't like this Canadian rebadge anymore than anyone else. And now that the Civic offers leather (at least here) it makes a car like this even more irrelevant. I heard that this will be the last generation of the Civic rebadge, but who knows.

If they kept the RSX they would have no need for this car.

Ok I am not entirely sure, but I would be willing to bet a pretty penny that it was Canada who rebadged the JDM Civic, and NOT the other way around.

Everything I've read elsewhere confirms what TTAC has said.

Yeah...that CSX needs more chrome...not sure about the two tone paint.

it's already got the shovel on the front though....

it's already got the shovel on the front though....

But on the train it's proportional.

Hmmmm... so you can get Navi & leather in a base Civic sedan, huh? :mellow:

All joking aside,the Pontiac Firefly was a much better rebadge than this.

oh ya,

csx-2.jpg

Million times cooler than ANYTHING Honda has ever made.

This car is horrible. Acura is already kind of a joke luxury brand, this just seals the deal.

+1 :yes:

oh ya,

csx-2.jpg

The train is better looking....

Chris

The bias swings both ways. But I don't like this Canadian rebadge anymore than anyone else. And now that the Civic offers leather (at least here) it makes a car like this even more irrelevant. I heard that this will be the last generation of the Civic rebadge, but who knows.

If they kept the RSX they would have no need for this car.

If people had bought the RSX, they would ahve kept it.

Chris

I wish the Pontiac G5 had a better suspension and engine than the Cobalt.

g5 should be the one that gets the turbo ecotec. goes to show how stupid lutz and bunch are about that one.