Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blake Noble

New Chinese Chevy Lova = NG US Chevy Aveo?

13 posts in this topic

New Chinese Chevy Lova = NG US Chevy Aveo?
New Chinese Chevy model spied.
chevy_lova_2.jpg
Link to original Article @ Jalopnik

We love seeing spy shots of cars we've never heard of, which is why we were interested in scoping out this Chinese-market Chevy Lova. As you can see for yourself, though, it didn't take much sleuthing to identify the lines as those of the Chevy Aveo, but not exactly the one we're familiar with. The Lova has a Malibu-esque front end and tail treatment, while the interior is significantly upgraded over the current US Aveo (and Chinese Lova). We've already gotten some idea of what the LA-bound 2009 Aveo5 will bring us, so is this car destined to be the 2010 Chevy Aveo?

GM small car design has made some decent improvements, in my opinion.

Edited by YellowJacket894

It NEEDED improvement. I still do NOT want to see any Chinese built anything in this country.

interior is basic/ugly. otherwise hope it's just barely toned down from the aveo5.

will this be gamma or still waiting on that?

To me it just looks like the current Aveo with a new nose and tail... Gamma mules would still be a couple of years away if the 2012 Corsa introduction is still a reference for Gamma-based stuff...

if GM-DAT is designing the next Aveo, it would make sense to test it in China where it would stay out of the prying eyes of the media - which obviously failed.

Current Aveos are coming from Mexico, so I see no reason why they'd come from China in the future.

Even if they sold the Next Aveo exactly like that - camo and mockup headlights included - it'd be a massive improvement over the looks of the current one. Looks good, but if this really is the NG-Aveo, let's hope they also work on reliability and fuel economy (not to mention driving dynamics)...

-RBB

Front end looks like the Traverse...lots of plastic

To me it just looks like the current Aveo with a new nose and tail... Gamma mules would still be a couple of years away if the 2012 Corsa introduction is still a reference for Gamma-based stuff...

I think the way GM is working, all the FWD platforms are coming to Opel, Buick first before Chevy gets one (Epsilon II for example). I have heard from a guy that NG Aveo is due for replacement in South Asia in middle of next year or early 2010. Griffon kinda confirmed that timeline in another topic. Considering those two premises, this Aveo may on be the current Gamma on which the latest Corsa is based on.

Even if they sold the Next Aveo exactly like that - camo and mockup headlights included - it'd be a massive improvement over the looks of the current one. Looks good, but if this really is the NG-Aveo, let's hope they also work on reliability and fuel economy (not to mention driving dynamics)...

-RBB

:yes:

I think the way GM is working, all the FWD platforms are coming to Opel, Buick first before Chevy gets one (Epsilon II for example). I have heard from a guy that NG Aveo is due for replacement in South Asia in middle of next year or early 2010. Griffon kinda confirmed that timeline in another topic. Considering those two premises, this Aveo may on be the current Gamma on which the latest Corsa is based on.

I was under the impression that the GM/Fiat Gamma would die with the current-gen Corsa. It can also be that the Gamma/Gammas have been pushed forward a little given the US market shift in taste to smaller cars.

I was under the impression that the GM/Fiat Gamma would die with the current-gen Corsa. It can also be that the Gamma/Gammas have been pushed forward a little given the US market shift in taste to smaller cars.

That is certainly a possibility, but the ambivalence of GM on saying Beat (which I think is on Gamma) will not be designed for US, my thought that this Aveo may be on current Gamma. I would love to see the new Aveo on GammaII.

Let griffon clear the clouds on this aspect.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0