Actor Paul Newman has died

GMTruckGuy74

Sad. Good actor. Good man.

And kept a marriage together for 50 +/- years whereas most "a-holes/douche bags" in Hollywood CAN'T do that. Not only that, the media spoon feeds us that the mutliple divorce crowd is admirable and worth watching when, in reality, they should be on Jerry Springer.

And kept a marriage together for 50 +/- years whereas most "a-holes/douche bags" in Hollywood CAN'T do that. Not only that, the media spoon feeds us that the mutliple divorce crowd is admirable and worth watching when, in reality, they should be on Jerry Springer.

Couldn't agree more!

+1

He will be missed....

R.I.P. to a gentleman and a scholar.

Off the screen, Newman had a taste for beer and was known for his practical jokes. He once had a Porsche installed in Redford's hallway crushed and covered with ribbons.

Sounds like something I'd do if I was a millionare.

Pretty sure he's the only human ever to excel in all three of those:

- acting

- race car driving

- philanthropy

He's long been a favorite...was my sister's and Mom's favorite actor, I think..have seen many of his movies over the years. I love 'Cool Hand Luke', 'BC&TSK', 'Winning', 'The Sting', 'Absence of Malice', 'The Verdict', 'Color of Money', 'Road to Perdition', to name a few..

He was a TALENTED actor ... something which is sorely missing today. In the actress category, someone like Meryl Streep has that same kind of versatility, though she is kind of bland in the looks department.

Interestingly enough, John Travolta actually matured and became a good actor. I think that most people would have never envisioned that with a past like "Saturday Night Fever."

I can't stand Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise. The first one of these two "dudes" plays himself quite well and the second one looks like he hasn't completed puberty, so I have a hard time thinking of him as a "high-falutin' " doctor or lawyer.

Am I being opinionated?