ocnblu

Close call

21 posts in this topic

A coworker was test driving a customer's '04 Mountaineer today after replacing the transmission, when a Caravan ran a stop sign and t-boned him HARD in the driver's side, popping the head curtains (which probably saved his life). It sent the big Mountaineer over on its right side, sliding down the street, until it caught something, flipped into the air and landed ON TOP OF a Chevy pickup. The Mercury is smashed to smithereens, every single panel. The doctors say he broke no bones, and he'll only be sore for a few days. The center post on his side is a couple of inches into the driver's seat... unbelievable. He is a lucky man to have been driving such a strong SUV.

how f'n fast was the caravan going?!!!!

that's incredible.

Wow, that's almost hard to imagine. That Caravan must have really been flying!

An '04 needed a new transmission? Wow..the driver is pretty lucky..good to have all the airbags and solid structure.

A coworker was test driving a customer's '04 Mountaineer today after replacing the transmission, when a Caravan ran a stop sign and t-boned him HARD in the driver's side, popping the head curtains (which probably saved his life). It sent the big Mountaineer over on its right side, sliding down the street, until it caught something, flipped into the air and landed ON TOP OF a Chevy pickup. The Mercury is smashed to smithereens, every single panel. The doctors say he broke no bones, and he'll only be sore for a few days. The center post on his side is a couple of inches into the driver's seat... unbelievable. He is a lucky man to have been driving such a strong SUV.

It's stories like this that really leave me in awe of the engineering that goes into modern cars. I'm glad your co-worker is going to be okay.

Wow...definitely a lucky man.

But the customer...not so lucky :(.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm on a wheel of fortune with a twist of fate" ... Bee Gees ... 'Alone'

If I can think of it and if I can get it to work, I'll try to take a phone picture and post it.

Holy Bovine Burgers Batman!

I'm assuming the guy in the Chevy pickup is alright...?

I hope the guy in the Caravan was ticketed for SPEED

and running a red.

We didn't hear of any injuries (thankfully) at all from this accident.

That's a definite good thing to hear. Sorry that the accident took place, but glad to hear your guy is in one piece.

Did you get that pic snapped? Glad your coworker was ok. How about the driver of the Caravan?

Ford did an amazing job with the Explorer and Mountaineer. Those two are among the best SUVs ever built.

Ford did an amazing job with the Explorer and Mountaineer. Those two are among the best SUVs ever built.

Even a broken watch is correct twice a day. :AH-HA_wink:

Heh Heh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right!!!!!!!!

Then explain the really good Fusion/Milan/MKZ...or any Volvo...or almost any Mazda. Ford has been doing a good job with their product planning IMO, with the only notable f@#kups being the Five Hundred/Taurus and the Montego/Sable vehicles. Those were ill-conceived.

And don't forget the Pinto. Exploding onto the scene in 1970, it enjoyed a decade-long run of popularity.:AH-HA_wink:

kidding... I just had to make a tiny joke.:)

And don't forget the Pinto. Exploding onto the scene in 1970, it enjoyed a decade-long run of popularity.:AH-HA_wink:

kidding... I just had to make a tiny joke.:)

Less joke-making, more photo-taking. Let's see some mangled steel, like yesterday. :omfg:

Edited by Croc

Then explain the really good Fusion/Milan/MKZ...or any Volvo...or almost any Mazda. Ford has been doing a good job with their product planning IMO, with the only notable f@#kups being the Five Hundred/Taurus and the Montego/Sable vehicles. Those were ill-conceived.

Well-conceived, but crappily executed, I think.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor