Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

Paging Ocnblu

23 posts in this topic

Ocn: Do you remember the Nomad at Carlisle with the pearl white paint at the GM nats show a while back? We were looking at the tint of that paint and it seemed to me that it had a slight blue tint to it. I'd like to find a stock white pearl that has that same look. Any ideas?

Everyone: Please post any pics of cars in a factory white pearl, I'm trying to find one I really like.

Thank to all in advance. :CG_all:

First thing that came to mind:

10420031530011000.jpg

Kind of funny, since seeing a pearl white Escalade this afternoon spurred me on to post this request.

The color on the Escalade is too yellow/cream colored for what I am looking for. I want to find a very white pearl with maybe a very slight bluish tint. I fear that a custom color might be my only answer.

2008-Le-Mansory-Bentley-Continental-GT-P

Careul, don't stare at this pic too long, you'll want to gouge your eyes out with a melon baller:

2000008557461572774_rs.jpg

Here's Aston's Morning Frost White... it's a tri-coat with blue pearl]specks:

morningfrostwhite_front.png

morningfrostwhite_rear.png

DSC06820.png

DSC06725.png

DSC06684.png

DSC06672.png

Edited by empowah

Lexus Glacier Frost Mica. Bright white with blue metallic flakes under sunlight, whitish/bluish under cloudy skies.

nmf7f4.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

b3.jpg

Well hmmm... it seems to me what we saw was most likely a custom color... one of the factory pearl whites with extra blue pearl thrown in. The Lexus color posted by Bimmer above is interesting. Is this for your El Camino? Are you going to two-tone it with the orange?

Well hmmm... it seems to me what we saw was most likely a custom color... one of the factory pearl whites with extra blue pearl thrown in. The Lexus color posted by Bimmer above is interesting. Is this for your El Camino? Are you going to two-tone it with the orange?

I had a feeling that it was a custom color. Yes, it's for the El Camino and the two-tone is still the plan.

I think i like the Aston color shown above.

Saturn had one in '94 and then again in '98, it was less pearly than some of the others IMO.

67542003_0803_165022AA.jpg

Edited by fightingbee

A lot of the pearl whites are too yellow for me. I prefer a pristine, very bright, straight white, like on the '09 Pontiac G6. It makes last year's white on that car look like spoiled milk.

The last gen Eldorado in pearl white is the most beautiful car/color combo GM has ever had.

A lot of the pearl whites are too yellow for me. I prefer a pristine, very bright, straight white, like on the '09 Pontiac G6. It makes last year's white on that car look like spoiled milk.

I want a very bright white, but in pearl. A tiny hint of blue works, but bright is the key.

oooo.... sexay...:)

I'd post a pic of my car for the purpose of this thread, but I nowhere consider the paint to be presentable as a standard for anyone to use. It looks quite bad in person.

Edited by YellowJacket894

This is a rare, fun topic posted by a friendly person, but that Big Wheel El Camino is bordering on a "hate crime"!:lol:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0