Lucernes already selling

buickguy

Haven't seen any here (Philly) yet, but am expecting to see quite a few "old folk" versions by the time I get back home to Delaware for Christmas, with some gawdy chrome wheelwell lip trim, canvas roofs, and whitewalls.... :puke:

I've spotted none in the Seattle area, and I'm currently commuting daily on the Interstate 5 corridor through the metro area. No glimpses of any at the Buick dealerships I've passed, but I'm anxious to see one soon. For those of you who spot them, please provide your impressions as you see them on the road.

The ones that everyone's seeing are probably the pre production prototypes they've been using for the ride and drive....I know they've started shipping them in the last day or so but as far as I know none of the dealers have one Edited by Stoopsbuick

The ones that everyone's seeing are probably the pre production prototypes they've been using for the ride and drive....I know they've started shipping them in the last day or so but as far as I know none of the dealers have one

[post="37779"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

well, the one i saw in livonia had a regular plate and no "nao" or any other gm stickers on it.
here in the motor city, when "gm" drives one of their cars around it has the manufacturer plate on it.

i found this funny:

Posted Image

[post="37922"][/post]

Yeah, not to mention identical MPG ratings, plus a LOT more power at lower RPM and a lower base price in the 300C. Granted, it doesn't have a few of the things available in the Lucerne like cooled seats and, honestly, some of the interior materials are a bit lower grade, but it is an interesting comparo to say the least B)

Yeah, not to mention identical MPG ratings, plus a LOT more power at lower RPM and a lower base price in the 300C.  Granted, it doesn't have a few of the things available in the Lucerne like cooled seats and, honestly, some of the interior materials are a bit lower grade, but it is an interesting comparo to say the least B)

[post="37948"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Honestly, those numbers in a "family sedan" are scary. I mean, that is really ballsy and completely genious of Chrysler. Seriously, if Buick had a LaCrosse that handled well, looked a little sporty, and put out numbers like that, it'd definitely sell.

well, the one i saw in livonia had a regular plate and no "nao" or any other gm stickers on it.
here in the motor city, when "gm" drives one of their cars around it has the manufacturer plate on it.

[post="37814"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The ones they had in the Indianapolis area with the exception of two or three of them had normal Michigan plates and none of them had any "nao" decals. I just learned our first one in transit (Sharkskin CXL) got yanked out of transit and returned to the plant for quality inspection :unsure: