Take a look at this Camaro

I call BS. It certainly doesn't look like it has just 1,100 miles and has been in storage since 1973.

Are you referring to the under-hood filth? I thought the same when I saw that, but then figured the "climate controlled" storage could have kicked stuff up.

vonVee, I believe you could order both RS and Z/28 packages simultaneously at that time. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the split bumper was only on RS cars? A non-RS Z/28 had a full bumper/no Enduro grille surround?

vonVee, I believe you could order both RS and Z/28 packages simultaneously at that time. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the split bumper was only on RS cars? A non-RS Z/28 had a full bumper/no Enduro grille surround?

yes you are correct, we had this exact discussion on the new camaro before i believe. the RS was an appearance package. could be on anything ss/rs z28/rs or just a plain rs camaro.any car with the RS got you the split bumper, you could have a z28 with a full bumper if it wasnt a Z28/RS

RS/Z28 on ebay

z28 only

evidently you could back an lt1 up with a th400 by a post on that site, what a waste when you could be rowing through that m21 instead. good looking color though.

Edited by cletus8269

Correct.

You could order SS/RS or Z28/RS

Until '73 when Type LT took over as the top option Camaro (SS was cancelled) then it was only Z28/RS

True RS cars are highly desirable... And that nose isn't easy to rebuild either.

When my '73 RS got crunched I found out the hard way. The nose consists of a header panel, a lower panel, the urethane nose surround (This piece alone is $300-400) the chrome grille surround, a grille divider, a grille support, 2 separate grille pieces, the emblems, bumpers/brackets and lights (marker lights are 2 separate pieces each).

I could've easily had close to 3 grand in the nose alone.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Very, very, cool.... although compared to a 1st gen. it's quite pedestrian.

Also, I've always admired the non-RS 70-73s more.... the split bumper

never did it for me. The goofy endura nose-cone and odd directional

lights are not to my liking.

Cletus;

A lot of awesome stuff went out the window in 1970. :(

Very, very, cool.... although compared to a 1st gen. it's quite pedestrian.

Also, I've always admired the non-RS 70-73s more.... the split bumper

never did it for me. The goofy endura nose-cone and odd directional

lights are not to my liking.

Cletus;

A lot of awesome stuff went out the window in 1970. :(

Couldn't disagree more, this configuration (RS nose 70-73) is my favorite of all Camaros through the years.

Although I'd prefer an RS/SS 396 with a 4spd. :AH-HA_wink:

This car is an amazing time capsule, but the debate on that site about whether or not to even wash it makes me nuts. The car is just too original for its own good, and would be difficult to enjoy properly if all you can do is look at it.