Escalade versus Suburban LTZ

toesuf94

Here is the deal: My company car, my beloved Tahoe LT3 in Greystone is due to return to the General in February - it will be missed. However: with the deals that are out there on '08 SUV's, we will be buying one to replace my Tahoe.

I tow with my truck now, and want the Autoride. The added wheelbase of the ESV/ Suburban will aid in the stability of the truck/trailer/car. So, with that said, here are the deals that are on the table right now:

'08 Escalade ESV in Quicksilver over Ebony: LOADED. Sticker: $71,520.00 Buy: $46,260.00

6.2 AWD 6 speed.

or

'08 Suburban LTZ in White Diamond over Ebony: LOADED! Sticker: $59,445.99 Buy: $42,753.22

5.3 4 speed

This is not a bragging session...I really want to hear your input on these two deals, as I need to make a choice this week.

Thanks!

For such a price delta Cadillac ESV.

I do not know the towing difference between the two. But if the amount of material you are hauling lies in the ESV's towing range, it should suffice you. It has more power, more comfort ammenities, more presence than the Suburban. Also, the suspensions on the ESV are tuned for a better ride. Plus, it can do mud wrestling as the Chevy sibling without feeling hurt. For that price I think it is a steal.

Well, that settles it! Buying the Escalade! I agree on the power difference, and that Quicksilver with the chrome accents is just stunning, and much prettier than the White Diamond IMHO.

Thanks for your input guys. Photos will be posted upon arrival.

Trying to put the screws to the dealer now...I want the advanced remotes and splash guards painted to match. I feel old wanting the splash guards, but I really tore up the sides of my Tahoe on the unprotected sides of my truck, rear bumper sides especially.

This one is going to last me a while (probably keep it in the fleet forever) We try to take really good care of our cars, and with everything going on in the world...these beasts may become extinct. GULP!

Well this is easy if the Suburban has a 6.2L and six speed automatic I would have had time justifying the price difference. Having said that go for the Escalade, if you aren't considering a 09 Burb with the 6spd auto. Go for the Caddy... The powertrain and 22's I am assuming it has are enough reasons, go for the hp.

Edited by gm4life

yeah...the 6.2 and 6 speeds were really smooth in the units I test drove. In fact, I was amazed at how much smoother the 6.2 is than the 5.3 in my Tahoe. I have not had a single issue with the 5.3 in my truck. I have not been thrilled with the mileage from the 5.3 versus the 5.7s I have had in the past. In fact, the one thing I am not looking forward to in the ESV will be the inability to shut off the 4WD system to gain the ability to power slide her on the ice. Sigh...guess I am having to grow up.

I am really excited about the toys the ESV will bring with it...the surround sound should be fun as well!

I will give you all a full rundown on the truck when it arrives.

Edited by toesuf94

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the Caddy a week ago...and it is everything you guys said it was. What a different animal from my beloved 2007 Tahoe! I will write up a review of the differences between the two trucks if you guys and gals are interested.

I will say that the 6.2L and 6 speed are unbelievably smooth and great performers. Only about 1-2 MPG worse than my Tahoe...and if I kept my foot out of it for 5 minutes, it probably would be better!

Thanks again for all of you for pointing me towards the Caddy! :thumbsup:

Edited by toesuf94

Congrats to you, and good luck with the Caddy.

I would have been a voice in the wilderness on this one: I have never liked the Escalade, and don't see the point of buying one over a Suburban.

I'm just not into bling and gadgets, and wouldn't pay for them.

I can translate for you then. Bigger V8, 6-speed auto, AWD.