FUTURE_OF_GM

One of the first proud G8 GXP owners.

17 posts in this topic

I'm extremely surprised she couldn't find one closer than Alabama.

Yeah, I would think it would closer and easier to source one through a dealer in the Columbus or Pittsburgh areas..

Alot of the ones I have seen have been automatics and not six speeds. Maybe she wanted black and a stick? Or maybe it was a better price on this one. This sounds like something I would do over the summer when I have more time.

Having been on a G8 forum for some time, GXP inventory is still VERY sparse and didn't begin hitting any dealers until just recently, and in the handful that there are, not every color/option/transmission combo is out there yet. There's a few owner's over on the forum, too...but it's just beginning.

They have threads set up with links to the inventory pages nationwide to see what's showing and also dealers posting with direct access to when & where cars are.

Congrats to her. I'd be bubbling over with "just" a GT, and the GXP is incredible.

Here's a few vids from a new forum owner regarding his new GXP's exhaust:

MUCH throatier than the GT exhaust, for various reasons, and most are jealous just because of that;)

Get them while you can, all I'm going to say on that ...

Sing with me! "Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, oh why can't we be friends ... ?" :P

....likely to be replaced by nothing at all or more boring FWD models...ugh. A sad fate for Pontiac.

Sing with me! "Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, oh why can't we be friends ... ?" :P

We're not friends ???

We're not friends ???

Of course we are.

However, someone needs to patch up things between you and Holden. :P

I propose a shotgun wedding, with Camino holding the shotgun.

Of course we are.

However, someone needs to patch up things between you and Holden. :P

Oh we're patching things up just fine, I just spent almost a month in Melbourne. I hope you don't infer that my hand had anything to do with the G8 ST not coming to America or the fact that GM snuffed out Holden's global RWD dream while I was there, I'm innocent I tell you, innocent ....

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Sad, but not unexpected. Anymore, I'm working on it...

Oh we're patching things up just fine, I just spent almost a month in Melbourne. I hope you don't infer that my hand had anything to do with the G8 ST not coming to America or the fact that GM snuffed out Holden's global RWD dream while I was there, I'm innocent I tell you, innocent ....

Nothing inferred, good sir. Whatever GM decides to do, GM decides to do. It isn't like GM is making completely rash decisions; they are somewhat, if not totally, justified.

Personally, I'm just going to sit back with a tub of popcorn in the front seat of my real GM car and watch the show go on. :AH-HA_wink:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor