All You Can Carry Day: Spring `09

Yeah, so "Fifty Dollar Day" is now "All You Can Carry Day" because they jacked the price up to $60.

It matters not though, as with Sixty8's help, this year was even better than last year.

For $120 I got a crapload of stuff. I have to inventory it all but I'll name what I can think of off teh top of my head:

300M black leather front seats

300M black leather rear 40/60 folding seats

300M gauge cluster

leather wrapped shifter

Cd/CD Changer Stereo

In dash CD changer

Whatever Chrysler calls its D.I.C.

`97 Pontiac Bonneville headlights and brackets (these things look brand new and should sell nicely)

I'll post pictures soon enough...I'm probably going to pass out after dinner. Spent the better part of 8 hours there today.

The passenger seat had some kind of white/pink crusty stuff on it. I was a little worried that it might have stained/damage the leather but I just took some ArmorAll to it and its tarted coming right off. Not even the cleaning wipes, just the protectant.

I <3 ArmorAll.

On a related note...how hard is it to wire power to seats?

Does dragging count as carrying? Because you probably could have pushed/pulled the 300M out if you could get it into neutral.

No, you can drag it to the line but you have to carry it a certain distance. I think it's like 20 yards or so. Also it had no wheels on it.

What a pity though, it was a dark metallic gray and the body was good. However the engine was dead and it was already missing parts.

No, you can drag it to the line but you have to carry it a certain distance. I think it's like 20 yards or so. Also it had no wheels on it.

May I ask, how did you carry out all that stuff?! Seems like a 2-person job (68 being the teamlifter), but I assume you have to carry it the last bit by yourself?

I have never been to a junk yard, but want to go badly. Im not that handy with taking things apart/together.

There is a yard about an hour away from me that will have a $50 dollar day in 2 months.

Wouldnt be opposed to getting Grand Am leather seats for my poor Achieva. I have to get her running first tho.

There's almost enough there to build a Neon

Haha, there's probably enough parts in my garage to build something. There was a couple guys getting parts to rebuild a first gen neon, said thaty wanted to keep it going, so good for them! :thumbsup:

AWESOME. And from my LH family days, almost the entire checklist of loved 300M->Intrepid upgrade pieces. For, uh, almost nothing :AH-HA_wink:

Yep, i can't wait to get these in the car (and out of the living room)

Do you ever happen to see any bimmers in there?

Yes, Sixty8 gets parts for his & Series and his Mercedes there. He would know better than me what the sections is though.

I'm going to make a road trip to Massachusetts next year to this junkyard, DF. Hopefully, I'll like my next car enough to upgrade it with better parts, etc.

Is there a limit on return trips?

Nope, just pay $60 each time. I saw someone lope off a nice dual exhaust off a 3rd gen Camaro.

May I ask, how did you carry out all that stuff?! Seems like a 2-person job (68 being the teamlifter), but I assume you have to carry it the last bit by yourself?

I have never been to a junk yard, but want to go badly. Im not that handy with taking things apart/together.

There is a yard about an hour away from me that will have a $50 dollar day in 2 months.

Wouldnt be opposed to getting Grand Am leather seats for my poor Achieva. I have to get her running first tho.

It is a 2 person job...barely. We almost dropped it twice. I still can't believe we managed to carry all of that out, plus some thing he got! :lol:

How it works is that you pay for the number of people carrying something out. So if 1 person carries it's $60, if 2 it's $120 (what I paid) , and so on.

We carefully arranged the stuff on a hood laying nearby, tied it down, then dragged it using a could hood props (while carrying our toolboxes) to the start line. Then summoned the strength to get it across the finish line.

Ted, I fully encourage you to go...it's a like a toy store for car guys where everything is 75% off! Taking seats out is easy. If you're unsure about how to take something apart, buy a repair guide for your Achieva, and practice in the junkyard. If you breaks something, no loss. :wink:

Oh, a few other goodies I forgot:

Those particle board spare tire and trunk liners for the Prizm

Sixty8 through on the pile like 5 LED light strips from Cadillac Sevlles, a gas can, and a crate of other stuff I don't remember. Oh and plenty of emblems.

You MUST carry out the plunder. Working at

UPS helps. I'd estimate our stuff to be a

total of at least 150 lbs.

I reminded DF to lift with this KNEES not his

back... UPS safety methods FTW. :wink:

He did a great job of disassembling the 300M

interior, I only helped with a few things.

And I love me those 72-LED CHiMSL strips off

4th gen. Cadillac Sevilles. :)

I've got one on both the BMW & the Benz in

the rear window and a few spares. You guys

might remember I've had them on a few other

cars in the fleet over the years:

68panther12.jpg

1986CadillacFleetw_Brougham.jpg

On a side note removing one from a Cadillac

trunk lid WITHOUT breaking the circuit board

that is sealed within is a bit of magic trick.

I'd be happy to give pointers to anyone who

might be interested.

Do you ever happen to see any bimmers in there?

Yes. From what I remember:

Several 3-series, mostly 4-door E36 325/328 examples

& one wrecked 318ti, and one E30 ragtop.

(no, not a single M3 in the mix)

Two 5-series, a 525 & 530i, both E34s.

Three First Gen. 7-series. (733i, & two 735i)

Also, two wrecked E34 535i sedans were in the "off limits"

cages for the stuff they part out. One had these rims M5

derived? deep-dish rims: :wub:

23566180002large.jpg

I want those rims so bad, but not bad enough to pay $500

for them with mostly worn out rubber.

But the saddest of all was a perfectly restorable & 1960s

BMW 2002 that arrived there a month ago only to be

crushed shortly after.

It's on my flicker account. :(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9220365@N06/page2/