The Only Toyota for Camino?

LoL

Well, it's cooler than a FWD W-body. :fryingpan::P

Why not just take the trunklid off a Chevy II sedan and be 3 notches up on this pile?

You forgot to say "&weld the rear doors shut/shave the handles"

It reminds me more of the '64 Chevelle/Malibu

The top pic reminds me of an early sixties Ford Fairlane and is mildly interesting. The upright rear pillars ruin it for me though - too trucklike.

The second pic is just nasty looking.

I've seen pics of early "Novaminos", the proportions have been way off on the ones I've seen.

Those Toyopets are still way cooler than any ToMoCo circa 2009.

I have this strange curiosity about 60's and 70's Japanese cars. They're like miniature car-icatures of domestic vehicles. Kind of cute. :P

Ya...they definitely had some interesting designs...one that sticks in my head was a car that 68 or someone posted last year that I'm not sure was identified, but it was a Datsun (I think) that had a roofline and rear quarter like a scaled down '68 Caprice coupe.

Ya...they definitely had some interesting designs...one that sticks in my head was a car that 68 or someone posted last year that I'm not sure was identified, but it was a Datsun (I think) that had a roofline and rear quarter like a scaled down '68 Caprice coupe.

Welll, most Japanese cars from that era were fastbacks

and/or emulated Moparsof he late 1960s & early 1970s.

Are you thinking of the '70s Toyota Celica notch-back?

toyotacelicageneration1.jpg

Welll, most Japanese cars from that era were fastbacks

and/or emulated Moparsof he late 1960s & early 1970s.

Are you thinking of the '70s Toyota Celica notch-back?

Nah, this was something else...I thought you posted it...it was primered gray w/ aftermarket slotted mags, had a formal C-pillar very similar to a '67-68 Caprice, with a similar arc to the quarter panel...thought it might be a Laurel or Cedric, but I couldn't find any other pics that looked quite the same.. I'll search for the thread..

Edited by moltar

Nah, this was something else...I thought you posted it...it was primered gray w/ aftermarket slotted mags, had a formal C-pillar very similar to a '67-68 Caprice, with a similar arc to the quarter panel...thought it might be a Laurel or Cedric, but I couldn't find any other pics that looked quite the same.. I'll search for the thread..

Speaking of '70s Datsun oddballs:

I was looking through one of the shelves of

Matchbox /Hot Wheels /Corgy /Majorette &

other brand 1:64th cars & found this GEM

amongst my ancient collection of oddballs.

(photo of the '74 Skyline, not of my model

but I'll photograph it next time i'm there.)

nissanskyline2000gtgc11.jpg

(photo of the '74 Skyline, not of my model

but I'll photograph it next time i'm there.)

nissanskyline2000gtgc11.jpg

this thing has a grill that looks like it's from the challenger. among other things.

a coupe version of that would actually be pretty cool, i think.

i think this was in an xbox game i used to play at a friend's house. great car, just had no topspeed to stay in front.