The curse takes no holiday

ocnblu

I had to run to Lowe's today to pick up a few things. As usual, I parked out by myself with no cars next to me. When I was finished, as I was just about to hit the trunk unlock button, I realized I left my list and pen by the self-checkout register, so I turned my cart around and went back inside with my purchases still in the cart. I retrieved my forgotten stuff and wheeled my cart back out to the car. It is breezy here today. As I approached my car, I noticed an '02 Durango parked next to me. At that moment, a kid of about 7 years old opened the rear door of the Dodge, the wind caught it, and it slammed into the driver's door of my car, right in the center, just below the belt molding, leaving a nasty little dent and scrape in the paint. I parked the cart and went over to the Durango, opened the door and yelled "you just hit my door!" at the kid. His mother turned around from the driver's seat and said "please shut that door and deal with me!"

I was soooo pissed. The woman parked so close to my car, she didn't leave enough room for her doors to swing open without hitting it, and with the wind, the kid couldn't hold the door... SMASH. :nono:

After what happened to my Sierra, and now THIS... I swear I can't have anything nice. It sucks so bad to be me right now. At least I have her insurance information. I called in a claim, hopefully the paint can be matched and I can put this behind me.

Edited by ocnblu

Sorry to hear about it dude...people are idiots...an entire parking lot and they choose to park next to you, who have deliberately parked away from other cars.

Trust me, I know you pain!

Both cars still bare the scars of damage inflicted to them by the stolen piece of $h! Integra. I've given up at this point until I can afford to have them both repainted.

Bummer dude, sorry to hear about that, I can totally relate, my perfect 94 suburban got scratched big time today at the grocery store and the person was of the attitude of big deal it is just a car. Had to actually get the police involved so I could force him to give me his insurance info to get my vehicle fixed.

I like you park far away and would rather walk than have people bang up my rides and yet it always seems to have idiots park close and damage your auto due to their laziness.

Good Luck with the fix. Happy easter if you celebrate it or at least hope you have a better rest of the day.

I had to run to Lowe's today to pick up a few things. As usual, I parked out by myself with no cars next to me. When I was finished, as I was just about to hit the trunk unlock button, I realized I left my list and pen by the self-checkout register, so I turned my cart around and went back inside with my purchases still in the cart. I retrieved my forgotten stuff and wheeled my cart back out to the car. It is breezy here today. As I approached my car, I noticed an '02 Durango parked next to me. At that moment, a kid of about 7 years old opened the rear door of the Dodge, the wind caught it, and it slammed into the driver's door of my car, right in the center, just below the belt molding, leaving a nasty little dent and scrape in the paint. I parked the cart and went over to the Durango, opened the door and yelled "you just hit my door!" at the kid. His mother turned around from the driver's seat and said "please shut that door and deal with me!"

I was soooo pissed. The woman parked so close to my car, she didn't leave enough room for her doors to swing open without hitting it, and with the wind, the kid couldn't hold the door... SMASH. :nono:

After what happened to my Sierra, and now THIS... I swear I can't have anything nice. It sucks so bad to be me right now. At least I have her insurance information. I called in a claim, hopefully the paint can be matched and I can put this behind me.

You screamed at a 7 year old ??? Shame on you ... :nono:

Yes, I posted all I said to the kid. It wasn't his fault, it was his mother's, for parking too close. If she had parked in the center of the spot instead of right on the dividing line, this could have been avoided.

Yes, I posted all I said to the kid. It wasn't his fault, it was his mother's, for parking too close. If she had parked in the center of the spot instead of right on the dividing line, this could have been avoided.

I think you have bad Karma, which is why these things happen to you so much ... You might want to change the direction of your life to see if that makes a difference ... If not, you may have to seek out a Buddhist Priest to take more drastic action ... :scratchchin:

my dad told me about a buddy he was working with back in the 80's once. the guy had a cherry 66 nova and had a custom paint job on the car. a two tone deal that had a checkered flag design that started small and got wider towards the back dividing the colors. the guy had spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 grand on it. he goes to the store and parks out in BFE. comes out and there is a rusty beater beside him. sure enough there is a dent in the door and the paint is chipped where the flag meets the upper color. dad said the guy calmly walked to his trunk, took out a ball peen hammer and busted every window out on the beater. got in the nova and left.

So sorry to hear about htis unfortunate event and the damage you sustained to your Cobalt ocnblu. When I had the SKY and took it to public parking places I dreaded coming out and seeing what idiot would park near it. Sometimes I'd park diagonal between two parking spaces farther out in the parking lot, but that would only encourage immature idiots to park near me. Thankfully I had no issues with this on the SKY in the 17 months I owned it, but I also was carfeul in how & where I used my "toy". My daily drivers are a different story - about 2-3 weeks ago at my local Wal-Mart I parked the AURA well enough away from anybody in an open area. When I came out 30 minutes later, I was completely surrounded by other cars!! It was like my AURA was a magnet (thankfully no one was too close). No matter what you do or try, others will not care like you do. I try to get parking spots where only one side of my car is exposed (like parking against an island). But still others that don't care as much as we do for our cars will just pull in next to us without thought. I get very pissed off when the driver next to me parks diaginally in their space - just pulled in carelessly without regards to others around them. That's when I have sinful thoughts of how I'd like to mistreat their car :fiery: I'll keep your car and it's repair job in my prayers.

While a lot of these dents and stuff do happen from adult idiots, what drives me nuts is when their spawn do it. I see that, and I know a bunch of unfit parents are raising undisciplined delinquents.

It really sticks it in and breaks it off when your car grows new damage... parked in your driveway in suburbia.

When I first moved to this town, the rental has a stone yard. No grass, just stones. I thought, "Great, no lawn to cut". That relief lasted about three days when I realised that the neighborhood was full of kids. Kids+rocks=broken windshields. I must've chased them or called the cops a hundred times, but it never stops. Thankfully, I moved before I started having to bury bodies.

Now I live in a mostly kid-free neighborhood. Well, there is one... they moved in less than a year ago. Well, my car was disabled and parked in my driveway as I got around to fixing it. After it was fixed, I noticed there are a bunch of new scratches. WTF?!? I'm buying a security DVR and putting up cameras, because you just can't have anything nice without people screwing with it.

Thanks everybody except PCS :AH-HA_wink: . I'm going to write my own estimate today and present it to the State Farm adjuster when he comes to look at it.

R&I:

side molding

outside handle

belt molding

glass run channel

mirror

water deflector

interior trim panel

Repair:

LH door outside panel, 2.0 hours

Refinish:

LH door outside panel, blend within panel

Replace:

LH door pillar blackout tape

Other labor:

nib sand & buff

cover car for overspray

hazardous waste removal

corrosion protection

tint color to match

I'm one of those people who, if anything is not just right, I notice it forever. When I see something that isn't right on a customer's car post-repair, I do what I can to call somebody's attention to the problem and correct it. It's going to be hard for me to be a customer, even though I know our guys will do a good job.

Edited by ocnblu

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. It really is too bad that more parents don't buy minivans for this reason alone.

I'm going to write my own estimate today and present it to the State Farm adjuster when he comes to look at it.

So ... unless I missed it elsewhere ... what was the estimate?

Sorry that happened. Good thing is that you were there when it happened to catch 'em. Too many times little dents/scrapes have been done to my cars when I'm not around. So very frustrating.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"No good news in the news this morning" ... Lacy J Dalton ... 'Black Coffee'

Wow.... that sux, sorry to hear O.B.

Time is $$$ too, no one compensates for that.

One nice thing about having a 200K mile M.B.

is that a small dent here & there does not

totally ruin my day.

The massive dent someone put in the driver's

fender at my wife's work on the other hand:

Pray I do not find you!!!