Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The 2006 Honda Accord

El Scorcho

Has anyone seen the new Accord ad where an Accord is driving through a city of white? Nothing but white as far as the eye can see. [All throughout the ad, all I could think was how boring a sedan it is.] Then at the end it claims, "Restyled...the 2006 Honda Accord. There's nothing vanilla about it." Seriously.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Oh, sorry. I was remembering what the '06 Accord looked like. Saw another one today and, God, that new rear robs it of any personality it once had. Yeah, upside-down Odyssey taillamps looked a little queer, but it also looked far more substantial than the rounded triangles gracing the new Accord and 34% of the world's sedans.

far more substantial than the rounded triangles gracing the new Accord and 34% of the world's sedans.

[post="44596"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You read my mind. I was just noticing that the other day. You'd think the different car co's would want to differentiate among themselves. Guess not.

That's why I like my GP's tails- great big gridded cinder block taillights. No mistaking those for anything else. :word:

Haven't seen this commerical; however, I've noticed lately that a lot of automakers have now started to market cars as the "Anti-bland", particularily, the most bland, boring, yawn-inducing models they make. That's how frightened they are of being percieved as "boring" by the public. I don't know wether to laugh at their attempts to make themselves cool, or cry with the knowledge that we're in an automotive golden age, and, one day, boring styling will be the least of our worries.

Haven't seen the commercial yet but Honda is #1 on my list of car companies with the WORST commercials.

[post="44657"][/post]

Don't you think you're being a tad harsh???

Posted Image
Me neither :P

Haven't seen the commercial yet but Honda is #1 on my list of car companies with the WORST commercials.

[post="44657"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh yah, do you remember the 80's Oldsmobile commercials, I think it went "If you can find a better car, they buy it" Now that was bad lol.... and sadly people did, they went for Honda, Toyota, and Volkswagen.

Oh yah, do you remember the 80's Oldsmobile commercials, I think it went "If you can find a better car, they buy it"  Now that was bad lol.... and sadly people did, they went for Honda, Toyota, and Volkswagen.

[post="44812"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think that was Chrysler..

Usually Honda commercials have a white background, they show the car and there's some weird voiceover. Absolutely nothing to draw you in or get your attention. Recently they've been showing some actual advertising with the Ridgeline and Civic.

I saw a new Accord driving in the opposite direction and from a distance; it kind of reminded me of the new Civic. You would think Honda would substantially updated it like they did with the Odyssey but I guess they don't care about their bread and butter sedans anymore.

I think the saddest part of all will be when one of these Japanese companies finally churn-out a successful, striking design.. Then what? I mean. If people are buying these cars enmasse when they don't look good - what happens when they do? It's only a matter of time...

Oh yah, do you remember the 80's Oldsmobile commercials, I think it went "If you can find a better car, they buy it"  Now that was bad lol.... and sadly people did, they went for Honda, Toyota, and Volkswagen.

[post="44812"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good job not making sense.

Anyway, Honda commercials are plain bad.

Honda commercials are about as yawn-inducing as their cars. The only cool Honda commercial I have ever seen is the cog one where they have action-reaction forces that eventually electronically trigger the hatch on an Accord to close. Everything else is bargain-basement quality advertising, especially anything to do with that cartoon baffoon. Edited by mustang84