Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oracle of Delphi

My dealer IM'd me

32 posts in this topic

I may be buying a Solstice targa coupe for my 4 car garage, before heading back to Germany. I only have three vehicles in there at present. I like the Sky better, but doesn't come in a coupe ...

I'm going down this week to look at it close up ...

Go for it. Use that GM discount, and what about trading the Equinox on a Torrent GXP while your at it? I can't wait to see photos, get it.

Keep the miles low, it'll be a collector's item in 20 years.

Will it be a 5spd GXP by any chance? If so that thing will be pure sex.

I suppose I could get a car cover for the Cobalt... least I could do is put my gift from PCS in the garage...

Finally an idea from you that I can endorse wholeheartedly.

Do it.

Passed Perrine Pontiac this morning on Rte. 130 in Cranbury, NJ and they're stocking 3. Damn. Was it Red/Orange, Black? I can't recall, didn't stop.

But they look very sharp sitting there in the drizzle.

I suppose I could get a car cover for the Cobalt... least I could do is put my gift from PCS in the garage...

Dream on little man ... :P

If we're talking about the same dealer, when I was G8 shopping "they" back in February told me an official from GM was bringing a coupe over the next day for a special preview and I almost went back to see it. Too bad, however, in the end they and I didn't work out regarding the G8. Jersey did.

I've always been a Solstice fan and through my, uh, 3 '08-09 GM vehicles considered one more than once. Just wasn't a great daily driver, and I always preferred a coupe/roof over the convertible...problem solved, at least on the latter, now. Make mine a GXP. The G8 could always use a friend. Hah.

If we're talking about the same dealer, when I was G8 shopping "they" back in February told me an official from GM was bringing a coupe over the next day for a special preview and I almost went back to see it. Too bad, however, in the end they and I didn't work out regarding the G8. Jersey did.

I've always been a Solstice fan and through my, uh, 3 '08-09 GM vehicles considered one more than once. Just wasn't a great daily driver, and I always preferred a coupe/roof over the convertible...problem solved, at least on the latter, now. Make mine a GXP. The G8 could always use a friend. Hah.

My dealer is in Maryland ...

My dealer is in Maryland ...

Yep...that would be who I'm talking about. A little south and to the left, from you, right over the border, ey?

Yep...that would be who I'm talking about. A little south and to the left, from you, right over the border, ey?

Exactly, they treat me like family. My last 5 cars, I just went there and took the car, once I decided I wanted it. I did the paperwork and exchanged the cash a week or two later, they always say we never worry about you or your money, just got to love that ...

Maybe I'll ride down there Saturday.

Exactly, they treat me like family. My last 5 cars, I just went there and took the car, once I decided I wanted it. I did the paperwork and exchanged the cash a week or two later, they always say we never worry about you or your money, just got to love that ...

So what's the holdup?

Go get it.

I had it held at the Wilmington plant, I want to go over it's computer records especially the water test. It also doesn't have all the options I would have ordered. This car, if I get it, will be my daughters, a present from me ...

*puts on a size 13 dress and bats eyelashes coyly* Daddy?:smilewide:

Nice present

She is a straight A student, I have her in an all girls Catholic Academy, and never gives me any trouble. She just got accepted to the University of Notre Dame, IN. and will be graduating a year early from high school. She deserves it, she works hard in school, and wants to become a medical doctor, and has wanted that since she was about 4 years old ...

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Reasons to be proud.

...and achievements worth rewarding.

Definitely very good reasons to be proud of her.

I thought for sure though that you would have bought her a new G8. :AH-HA_wink:

Awesome present, if you do it. As for the dealer, I agree, and most went well in my regard there (great place...I'm picky), but my new favorite little place in Jersey just read my mind & felt like home in a way they couldn't match. It was a hard choice, for the most part.

Intrigued to hear more about this if it happens...and to see how this particular car is equipped. Cool to have insider info, to check every little detail.

Go for it, I wish I could afford to do stuff like that for my kids! So what model is it? Base or GXP, 5spd or automatic? Your daughter will certainly love that car, I am sure mine would too.

Edited by gm4life

I believe the Targa is GXP only...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0