Sheesh

The economy is really quite that bad.

We recycle, and the soda we've bought lately has been from NH, so the cans aren't redeemable. So we just put them in the recycle bin. well trash day comes and the bin has a bunch of non redeemable cans in it. Alter in the day I went to go get the bins and found the cans bin gone.

It wasn't windy or anything so I can only assume someone swiped the bin with the cans in it. I mean seriously...you couldn't have just taken the cans out? Now we have to get another bin. Of course, whoever took them well be in for a surprise when they go to redeem them and the machine won't except it.

Thats wierd, because I requested a replacement bin from the local recycling provider, and they gave me two. I guess one for each house on the property, but the pool house hardly needs a recycle bin.

In Phoenix, I have two big rolly bins that I roll out to the street on Tues (blue bin for recyclables--paper, glass, etc) and Friday (green bin for trash and yard clippings that the yard guys put in on Monday).

When I was a little mischief maker in high school, some friends and I recycled people's recycling bins for the irony. We were some highbrow badasses. :P

Clever.... a few months ago, my blue (recyclables) rolly bin cracked, had to call for a new one...then more recently, I backed over the green bin... has a couple cracks now, duct taped over.. :)

In California, you are supposed to claim California Redemption Value that you have received as income, even though you pay income tax on it once when you get the money to pay for the CRV on the can when you buy it. I wonder how many people put CRV down on their state taxes? :scratchchin: