Outside my window...

ocnblu

I slept in until after 7 this morning, and when I got up to look outside... boom, reality hit. We have a very thick frost this a.m., and Thanksgiving is coming up next week. It's another year, winding down.

A bright spot will be the big auto shows of course, and maybe a nice blanket of snow to go 4 wheeling in, otherwise, I am already looking forward to spring.

Does anyone have snow yet?

Every year I hate winter just a little bit more. I've heard that a winter sport is a good way to deal with things. Mine to date has been snow shoveling & snow blowing (frost here too, ocn), which always follow the Season of 58 Trillion Leaves To Rake. Picked up a 2-seat off-road go-kart abouth a month ago for my sons, wonder if I can cram me into it.

had our first dusting yesterday, only a cm or so. It is mostly melting today.

We've had two dustings, one yesterday, it stuck though because it did not rise above freezing, the sun melted some in the open. I love winter and hate fall, the rain, the grey, the mud, once the ground freezes and the snow covers it the world it a wonerfull wonerfull place. So clean and usually peacefull. In the winter we have some of the most stillest, clearest, sunny days. On the flip side I hated the heat we had this summer, I could not excape it and it would not go away. the much warmer fall has been nice except for the excess rain that turned my world into a mud pit. Im ready for freeze

yeah we had some ice over here... man I went into my first skid yesterday....scary man.. I'm surprised I didnt smash the brake... but man I almost didnt know what to do... let god of the brake, checked blind spot and steered into the direction of the skid..but man it's freaky...I was going down a hill and the van infront of me started to brake (why the hell didnt he go into a skid?) Then I lightly touched the brake and next thing you know the steeringwheel is light as hell and you have no control... i'm glad it happened though..it helped me learn :)

Here in New England there was a light frost on the Coupe Deville about two weeks ago believe it or not. Balthazar: I actually love sonw... just showling it is a bitch. Driving in it in RWD is a balst. Powerslide and countersteering heaven. The best winter beater I ever had was my 1983 Firebird. That car was a hoot. GM 350 truck crate motor. But overall, I too seem to despise the cold and salt more and more every year. While snow is fun to drive in balck ice and sleet sucks! Since I'm stuck here in N.E. for a few years I'm getting a Snowmobile. Those help to aleviate the boredom I hear. :) Ocnblu: Did I convince you to brig back the sig. photo of sooting, calm turqoise waters of the Caribean when we hung out? :P Either way. I'm glad to see it back.

Here in New England there was a light frost on the Coupe Deville about two weeks ago believe it or not.

Balthazar:

I actually love sonw... just showling it is a bitch. Driving in it in RWD is a balst. Powerslide  and countersteering heaven. The best winter beater I ever had was my 1983 Firebird. That car was a hoot. GM 350 truck crate motor.

But overall, I too seem to despise the cold and salt more and more every year. While snow is fun to drive in balck ice and sleet sucks!

Since I'm stuck here in N.E. for a few years I'm getting a Snowmobile. Those help to aleviate the boredom I hear. :)
Ocnblu:

Did I convince you to brig back the sig. photo of sooting, calm turqoise waters of the Caribean when we hung out? :P Either way. I'm glad to see it back.

[post="45343"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I take offense to your signature! Sodomy is one thing, but THIS CROSSES THE LINE. :(

I take offense to your signature!  Sodomy is one thing, but THIS CROSSES THE LINE.  :(

[post="45350"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh, lighten up. It's a GM board and besides there's no harm in a little friendly ribbing.

You want to make fun of me? Dude... have a field day. I drive an 1984 Datsun. Enough said.

[thinks to himself: at least it's a 5-speed and RWD]

Oh, lighten up. It's a GM board and besides there's no harm in a little friendly ribbing.
You want to make fun of me? Dude... have a field day. I drive an 1984 Datsun. Enough said.
[thinks to himself: at least it's a 5-speed and RWD]

[post="45378"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'll make fun of you for taking me too seriously, but not for what you drive. :P

(thinks to himself: at least it's 5 speed and has a 4.26:1 axle ratio, so ha!) Edited by chris

LA: That Avatar is funny as hell. Care to explain? :P You see all of my family and Marica's family is here in The Commonwealth of Massachusets. Or as I like to call it the Communist Land of TAXachusetts. I'd love to live in Arizona since I like the weather/topography out there and I miss my best friend Duffy who moved three to Fountain Hills in 2002. :( Another great opption would be Pennsylvania near Hershey &/or Carlisle or even in some of the semi-southern states like Virginia or No. Carolina. But truth be told I'll probably live out most of my life here in New England. I do love NE in the fall and it does have a great charm.

It was 88 degrees in here today. But it cools of considerably at night. Sixty8: I really miss fall in NE. We have a poor substitute in my neighborhood; Alden drive is lined with Maple trees that are having their show right now. Why the Maples aren't on Maple Drive, I don't know. But there aren't any Palms on Palm drive either, so there you are.

WMJ: I'm beholding the power of that Solid Axle and I'm liking! :)

Every year I hate winter just a little bit more.

*chuckles*

Here, I thought I was the only one that was like this...he he he.

I used to LOVE winter ... making snow slides, snowball "fights", hot chocolate after an evening of snow shoveling, doing my best to clear off my parents' car after a snowfall, etc.

Now, I only like winter/snow when it snows on Christmas Eve...and stays white through New Years's Day. Other than that week, I'll take 60s and higher, thank you.....

*sighs*

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"Why can't that be me?" ... 3 Doors Down ... 'If I Could Be Like That'