Wheels wheels wheels

So I'm window shopping for wheels for my car...it's the next item on the list after the engine swap and before I repaint teh car...since that may well be the most expensive part.

So for a while now this wheel has been in the running:

Avengerwheel.jpg

And I do really like it...until I saw it at this angle:

2309U2.jpg

Maybe it's just the lighting but in this photo it looks "flat" and too chunky...I'm gonna try and see if teh dealer has any Avengers with these wheels so I can see them in person.

There's a few aftermarket ones I like too...

DSC_8281.jpg

BPGHpwB2kKGrHgoOKkIEjlLmVgL3BJ87OqP.jpg

DSC_0734.jpg

I especially like the 2nd design. It looks silver in one photo but it's actually Hyper Black...which I don't care for. I'm not big on chrome but I actually kind of like it on both wheel designs. They don't have them in silver apparently. My problem is that these wheels...DZ Wheels...I dunno, I'm not sure if they're good wheels or not. $500 for a set seems like a great deal but I'm concerned about the quality and durability.

The other wheels I toyed with are these babies:

wheel.jpg

008DodgeCaliberSRT4wheel_400_2.jpg

Caliber SRT4 wheels. I'd go for the polished. I've always liked them...but I just wonder if 19" will effect ride quality and braking performance VS 18". My current wheels are 16" by the way. They're also pricy...which isn't an issue except that it would be a while before I could save up to own them.

Lastly, I may break down and just get a set of these for now...

c4d5_12.jpg

But I may just wait until I can get ones I really want...I dunno.

Thoughts?

Personally, the only wheels I like out of that bunch are the SRT-4 wheels. Both of those DZ designs look rather tacky, the first with those weird things where you put the bolts in ruins the design, otherwise it'd look pretty nice. I think you should make your own decision on the design though, it is your car after all, but I can give you some advice on other things.

First, you need to find out the offset of your wheel and bolt pattern. Buying wheels that don't fit the car means you'll just have to resell them. The offset doesn't have to be an exact match, but should be pretty close, otherwise your wheels will stick out from the car or rub against the inside of your wheel well. Bolt pattern does need to be an exact match.

Keep in mind that as you go up in tire size cost also increases, so that's something to take into account. Going from 17 to 18 on the GTO didn't affect the ride. In fact, because the tires were so much better the ride actually improved.

Yes I did learn about the offset and bolt pattern things the first time I was looking at wheels (I think from here). The Avenger wheels are an exact fit (same offset, bolt pattern, even width).

The DZs claimed to be as well.

The SRT wheels are the same bolt patter and 42 offset.... 0.5" wider.

I'd skip on any aftermarket chrome wheels, they almost always look gaudy to me. I'd also keep in mind how easy to clean the wheels will be. For that reason (and personal preferences on looks), I would skip anything with those fake rivets around the lip. I do like the idea of a clean 5-spoke design, though. :)

That's what would like to do is stick with OEM...cheaper but still OEM quality. Win/win

+1

The chance of losing a wheel to the first big pothole you'll inevitably encounter is far less sticking w/ the Mopar stuff.

Either style Avenger wheel would be my choice.