Stopped in at my local BPG dealer today

Had a good long conversation with a sales rep there while ogling a white G8 GXP.

They have had 4 and already sold 3.

They are actively attempting to get more GXPs and GTs, and trying to trade away the G3s and G5s they reluctantly took as stock.

The rep reported that most G8 sales are V8s and that most buyers were coming out of Euro brands.

Just some food for thought.

They have a Solstice Targa inbound.

Weaird, Stopped by the BPG dealership here and they are sold out of the G8, since the positive media about the G8, they cannot get enough of them to sell. One of the sales people told me he wished they would keep the car and slap a Buick or gmc name plate on it as every person who test drove it over the last couple months bought the car.

Seems GM needs to keep the auto going since it is a winner with people looking for a sporty 4 door quality auto. One last interesting comment was that the sales people I talked with said people did not car about the name plate as much as they read and heard only positive things about the G8. So hopefully they can keep this baby going.

And GM is getting rid of it's best car that's under $35k why? I guess it's too hard to slap a Chevy nose on it. Have to cut costs. :rolleyes:

Yea, Chevy, GMC or Buick, this car is a winner and they need it as the public is excited about it. Personally I think they should go GMC on it as a Sporty Mid Level version of an Auto Denali. :D

Just say F**K NO to GMC cars.

Anyway, I dunno if things have changed but at the BPG dealership in Lowell they've had the same white G8 on the lot for months. I thought they finally old it, but saw it a week or so ago on the lot.

Not to hijack your thread, but since they're kind of on topic..went to the Chrysler dealer today to see if they had any Avengers with the 18" wheels I've been curious about. The only had 5 Avengers and only one was an R/T (it had the razors). No Challengers, and only a few Chargers and 300s. They had 6 or 7 Rams, which they said were selling well. The Avengers were selling well as lower spec models. Apparently people are buying the cheaper ones to save money. Challengers they can't keep in stock.

Lots of minivans and Jounreys though.

...well...I am an El-Camino fan, and GMC made a version of the 'Camino IIRC. Not really a truck, more of a car, wouldn't mind having one of those....

Chris

Weaird, Stopped by the BPG dealership here and they are sold out of the G8, since the positive media about the G8, they cannot get enough of them to sell.

upstate automotive (chevy, b/p/g, cadillac) has 0 G8's in weeks. soon as they are off the truck, gone. they are trading out vehicles to get G8's from other dealers too.

odly enough there are 3 or 4 solstice's and they have 5 or so malibu's but the trucks and all arent moving. oh... yeah and they got those g3's as well one in every color...

edit i just went to their website they got 1 G8 GT in panther black metallic for 34K

Edited by cletus8269

Camino thinking about a GXP eh? You deserve one as a treat for yourself. I have a feeling lots of people will be snagging the G8's that remain, because of what a great car it is. Can you still order one? Or is that over as well?

If I had the money I would have a new GT model in my driveway as well. To put away for the dark ages, hell it might as well be a GXP.

Edited by gm4life

Camino thinking about a GXP eh? You deserve one as a treat for yourself. I have a feeling lots of people will be snagging the G8's that remain, because of what a great car it is. Can you still order one? Or is that over as well?

If I had the money I would have a new GT model in my driveway as well. To put away for the dark ages, hell it might as well be a GXP.

No, it is highly unlikely that I'll be in a position to buy anything before all of the new Pontiacs have ridden off into the sunset.

As I told the sales guy, I just stopped by to pay my respects.

My plan was to get a 2010 G8 ST.

No, it is highly unlikely that I'll be in a position to buy anything before all of the new Pontiacs have ridden off into the sunset.

As I told the sales guy, I just stopped by to pay my respects.

My plan was to get a 2010 G8 ST.

There is still plan B (move to Australia), it would be infinitely cheaper to do that, than importing one ...

I'd have to look in another city to even find one on the road, much less seeing the same ones at our local BPG dealer for weeks. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see one rolling around here, but apparently interest isn't high while people are checking their wallets and looking ahead; but, there could be any number of reasons why they aren't selling.

I'd have to look in another city to even find one on the road, much less seeing the same ones at our local BPG dealer for weeks. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see one rolling around here, but apparently interest isn't high while people are checking their wallets and looking ahead; but, there could be any number of reasons why they aren't selling.

Or the dealers in your area just didn't order many.

The sales have actually been increasing for several months to a record month of over 2,700 units in March.

Interest seems to be regional, or dependent on the effort of local dealers, but demand is quite strong for the conditions. The G8 is one of very few bright spots in GM's recent sales tallies.

Well you know GM. As soon as there are signs of progress being made, they pull the plug.

Just don't understand GM anymore...... :banghead: