Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

Process of elimination

74 posts in this topic

After spending a little time thinking about what the new GM is going to be like, it looks like I will always be out of luck looking for something from them.

I'm now down to exactly one brand that I'd even consider generally speaking. That would be Chevy.

Even there, the chances that they will build something I would want don't look good.

I want a GTO-sized sport coupe/convertible, or a ute, or a wagon, with RWD and a V8 and a manual trans.

Yeah, the Camaro comes close - but I want something more individual, and Chevy isn't about that these days.

So I'm stuck with the very slim possibility of the VE Ute making a return as an El Camino (or GMC variant, I guess).

I just don't see anything else left on the horizon.

God, but I could use some good news.

Buy a Camaro, have it turned into a SMS or something. Much more rare. Problem solved. :P

Buy a Camaro, have it turned into a SMS or something. Much more rare. Problem solved. :P

I don't think so.

Well, you want something more individual, so you get a special Camaro that's rare and has the looks and performance to back it up. It's not like Firebirds were exactly rare in their last generation. I see just as many as Camaros.

Or here's an idea, take the Camaro and make it into a Firebird, sort of like what's being done to make the Challenger into a `Cuda. Then you'd have a Firebird more rare than any before it.

Or buy a C6 Corvette. RWD, coupe, V8, manual, comparatively rare, etc.

Or find a way to import a Ute.

Well, you want something more individual, so you get a special Camaro that's rare and has the looks and performance to back it up. It's not like Firebirds were exactly rare in their last generation. I see just as many as Camaros.

Or here's an idea, take the Camaro and make it into a Firebird, sort f like what's being done to make the Challenger into a `Cuda.

Or buy a C6 Corvette. RWD, coupe, V8, manual, comparatively rare, etc.

Or find a way to import a Ute.

That last option is in play if it becomes a viable one.

But the real point is, that I feel like GM just decided to excommunicate me entirely.

EDIT: My Firehawk was quite rare, and would have been even without the Firehawk package.

GM only built 901 Formulas in 2002, Firehawk or otherwise.

Edited by Camino LS6

You could always focus on the older GM cars that you like, and buy them and restore them or buy them already restored. There will always be something for me from GM even if its from the past, but thats just me.

Edited by Daryl Z71

What you are looking for just doesn't exist in 2009. You either have to go smaller, or larger or accept 4drs. Or change your parameters to fit the reality.

Edited by Cubical

What you are looking for just doesn't exist in 2009. You either have to go smaller, or larger or accept 4drs.

None of which I'll do, so like I said...

None of which I'll do, so like I said...

So end of topic. Move on.

So end of topic. Move on.

Not so easy as that for me.

Well, you set up unrealistic expectations given the current reality. Either adapt or move on.

IDK about you but for me it's just hard to wake up one day and say "Oh well I give up on General Motors Im going to buy a Ford"

IDK about you but for me it's just hard to wake up one day and say "Oh well I give up on General Motors Im going to buy a Ford"

Very hard, and that's just the point.

Very hard, and that's just the point.

Yea I mean even if they make nothing anymore you like, its just hard to move on because you have supported them for so long.

Well, you set up unrealistic expectations given the current reality. Either adapt or move on.

Thanks for the understanding. :rolleyes:

MY expectations have not changed, GM has.

Yea I mean even if they make nothing anymore you like, its just hard to move on because you have supported them for so long.

Yes, exactly.

Up til now, they always had something for me.

Thanks for the understanding. :rolleyes:

MY expectations have not changed, GM has.

I'm just being realistic. It is what it is. I know there are things I'd like to have a product that aren't being offered, but I know as an individual I can't infuence a company's product mix, so I accept the reality as it is. For these troubled times, the way I look at things is to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised when something pleasant happens.

Edited by Cubical

I gather you're not a fan of the CTS coupe. It's probably the closest you'll get that isn't a Camaro.

I would not write off the Ute yet.

I gather you're not a fan of the CTS coupe. It's probably the closest you'll get that isn't a Camaro.

I would not write off the Ute yet.

No, I'm not.

I have no desire for luxury cars, nor do I care for Cadillac styling.

I just wish they would have kept the G8 and Solstice. The more I think about it they were the cars that Pontiac needed, and even though it's still hard to believe I just don't understand the reasoning behind axing something that was just starting to get good again.

A G8 in Chevy clothing and a different bodystyle would do the trick.

The Solstice is the kicker for me for sure.

Chris

The Solstice is the kicker for me for sure.

Chris

The Solstice Targa is so nice that I'd almost try to live with its too small size - so I get that.

+1 on Solstice Targa. When I test drove it, it drove so well. The only things which I will improve is:

1. Make it livable

2. Stiffen up the suspension - personal taste- feels a little bit mushy

3. Put a 6 speed

+1 on Solstice Targa. When I test drove it, it drove so well. The only things which I will improve is:

1. Make it livable

2. Stiffen up the suspension - personal taste- feels a little bit mushy

3. Put a 6 speed

I can't argue with any of that, but it would still be too small for me to be comfortable in.

Not that I'm a big guy (I'm not), I just feel uncomfortable in small cars.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0