Process of elimination

But the Cayman handles better and is better looking, IMO. I never cared much for the Boxster's appearance, top up it looks dumb from the back and with the top down it's not a stunner.

The handling is close enough for real world use, I probably wouldn't be doing track days... I don't think the Cayman has a sunroof available. I want the top down experience for a sports car. a Boxster on a windy mountain road on a early summer day or fall day with the aspens golden, top down, sunshine, life is good...

Come on Camino, go for the Pontiac G8 GXP!! :thumbsup: So it's a sedan, who cares? That car is :hot:

And then I could be jealous of you for having the G8 GXP and caddycruiser for having a G8 GT - and me not being able to afford either one :cry:

Well, the timing is very,very, wrong.

So the chances are slimmer than slim.

I was planning on a 2011 MY purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
I do have one confession to make.

Because of what has happened, I have briefly considered relaxing one of my requirements.

I'm having a tough time even doing THAT.

I've decided I don't really want a Charger ... even though I always try to rent them for my road trips. I just don't think I'd be happy "down the line" with it. Maybe I would ... but ... it ... is ... not ... a Chevy.

*sighs*

Definitely not in the market for a brand new car ... so the Camaro is out ... even though that'd be perfect ... RWD, coupe.

So, right now ... looking at a '77 Caprice Classic ... sedan ... vs ... '06 LUMontecarloINA LT .... coupe. '77 is RWD, but it's a sedan. '06 is a coupe, but it's FWD ... and not what Chevy claims it is.

Arg.

I've considered the G8, but I'm not sure. As I noted, I'm not in the market for a brand new car...and the used ones I've found around here ... not close to what I want. So, we'll see....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"What are you gonna do when that new wears off?" ... Shenandoah ... 'See If I Care'

There's nothing that fits what you want exactly, either way you need to relax 1 rule if you were to buy a new car.

G8, but it would be a sedan

Audi S5, but it is AWD, and expensive

G37, but it is V6

CLK550, but it only has an auto, and is also expensive

The Cayman is an impressive car. For a Porsche, I'd go for a Boxster S...a used one is on my list for next fun car--just because in a sports car, I want a ragtop.

Boxster S is very affordable...one of my sons friends dad has one...

I wonder how one would do at the local autocross?

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
That's where my frustration comes from, the notion that I would spend new car money for something that's an "almost" just disgusts me.

Well, glad to see I'm not alone. I keep having people tell me, "you have to compromise if you want a new(er) car." Um, yuck. Why put money on something that you aren't going to like down the road?

*sighs*

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"You were history with the slamming of the door" ... Celine Dion ... 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now'