Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Forum Updates

49 posts in this topic

As of today there are some changes being made to the forums. Nothing earth shattering, but it should help organize topics a bit.

Product Questions and Reviews

Located in the C&G Tech Corner, this is where members can post questions, comments and reviews about

Auctions and Classifieds

This is where all of those eBay, Craigslist, and any other classified ad can go It's located under C&G Social Central.

Off Topic News

Located as a subforum of The Lounge, any news that isn't car related can go here.

Finally, Rated R and Politics will be opened to all members. However, non-subscribers will have to consult with an admin to get permission to enter them.

Enjoy!

It was brought up whether to do this or not with premium members. Most of them said they paid for the benefit of the site, not access to a couple forums which are mostly dead right now anyway.

Finally, Rated R and Politics will be opened to all members. However, non-subscribers will have to consult with an admin to get permission to enter them.

Enjoy!

Excuse me? What was the point in buying a premium membership subscription, then?

It was brought up whether to do this or not with premium members. Most of them said they paid for the benefit of the site, not access to a couple forums which are mostly dead right now anyway.

Really? I never received an email about this.

Frankly, I feel ripped off now. Not cool, guys.

Really? I never received an email about this.

Neither did I...I heard nothing about this beforehand.

Rob

I bought the premium membership for the site's benefit; in fact, I don't think I've ever accessed the forums that were only available to us. If they get opened up, that's no biggie to me.

So Dodgefan, who all did you actually contact regarding the premium membership? There's only 15 of us, and here are 3 of us who were never contacted. Can't tell if Captainbooyah was contacted or not from his post, but so far this isn't sounding too promising. Contacting 15 premium subscribers isn't a very difficult task...

It pays to read the other forums... http://www.cheersandgears.com/index.php?showtopic=28340

At any rate, we're planning to find something better to offer as exclusive than a couple of dead forums that no one participates in.

Interesting...I thought that 'Council' forum was only for the admins/moderators to do their thing.

Rob

Interesting...I thought that 'Council' forum was only for the admins/moderators to do their thing.

Rob

Cheers and Gears Council

The Council chamber for Premium subscribers.

The thread regarding this issue was brought up 5 months ago...

The thread regarding this issue was brought up 5 months ago...

Interesting..didn't even know that forum existed until recently.

Rob

Iit was mentioned in the original premium subscriber announcement. We figured 5 months was enough time for subscribers to voice their thoughts on the changes. If you didn't see, well, look through forums more carefully guys. :P

Again, we're planning something better for you guys anyway, and the other benefits will remain exclusive to premium members.

Iit was mentioned in the original premium subscriber announcement. We figured 5 months was enough time for subscribers to voice their thoughts on the changes. If you didn't see, well, look through forums more carefully guys. :P

Again, we're planning something better for you guys anyway, and the other benefits will remain exclusive to premium members.

OK smartass. I remember reading that thread a very long, long time ago, but it certainly didn't seem very decisive, more like speculation at the time. Also, in that thread, you had the contribution of ONE out of 15 premium subscribers.

So to say that you asked the premium subscribers for their opinion and they were fine with it is very disingenuous at best. Just sayin'...

Interesting..didn't even know that forum existed until recently.

Rob

Seeing as I only use View New Posts to browse the site, I remembered the thread, but when I must have read it it didn't contain any of the more significant posts I would have voiced concerns about...and it prolly died out before I came back but after I cleared my cookies.

Seeing as I only use View New Posts to browse the site, I remembered the thread, but when I must have read it it didn't contain any of the more significant posts I would have voiced concerns about...and it prolly died out before I came back but after I cleared my cookies.

Same here...I use VNP pretty much exclusively. I don't recall that thread at all.

Rob

• Again, you and others were encouraged to chime in, which was the point of that thread to begin with
  • You're going to be that sore about two unused threads being made (possibly) used?
  • There will be something better to replace those threads as exclusive features.
  • There are still all of the other benefits in the meantime
  • I would suggest paying attention to the counsel forums so if any changes are made they don't seem to magically appear out of nowhere

• Again, you and others were encouraged to chime in, which was the point of that thread to begin with

Can't chime in if you don't know the thread exists to begin with.. .:)

Maybe Premium Members can be automatically subscribed to anything posted in the Council forum and get email notifications.

Rob

Cool it fellas.

Croc... you feel ripped off over $1 a month because now more people can post in forums they couldn't post in before.... AND you don't even know what else is coming down the pike?

If you really want, I'll refund you a pro-rated $7 and reduce your status. You'll get to see the google ads again too!

Actually without meaning to sound like a total ass kisser...which I am pretty good at anyways...or maybe I just use crap flavored toothpaste...

Thank you, DF and Oldsmoboi for the time you spend on this site. I LOVE IT HERE!

I plan on getting a premium subsciption as soon as work picks up...but right now these last few weeks I've only been getting about 25 hours a week at work. I'm doing oaky, but cutting out lunches and ayem coffee right now. Things are starting to pick up bigtime at work though...

Seriously, thanks guys.

Chris

Really? Like the option isn't there for you or you just don't know how?

I do not see the option besides others.

I may not be a geek, but not computer illiterate. :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0