When better tanks are built...

balthazar

9-cylinder??

[post="50623"][/post]

Radial engines are properly balanced only with odd numbers of cylinders.

Notice the "pushrods". :metal:

Posted Image

Ocnblu: That's a great idea buddy... keep em coming. I might have todl this story already but for the sake of the new members: Just after Sept. 11 in late Oct. 2001 my manager at Bill DeLuca Chevrolet posted an article in the lobby of the dealership. It had a breakdown of how much each manufacturer/ car giant had donatee to the Sept. 11th fund. While GM, Ford & DCX opened their check books and helped out a few foreign manufactureres could not be bothered. Esp. troublesome was the fact that Toyota already a big giant automaker and seller in the USA gave about as much as you'd expect from Corbin Motors or the local Steel Mill. I was pissed already at one particular Toyota Dealership for their disgusting sales tactics so I decided to kick the photocopier into Overdrive. Let's just say by the next morning almost every single car at that Toyota Dealership had a leaflet under it's windshield wiper. Just helping to inform the consumer. :)

Top speed is 50 mph. The cruising range is 100 miles on 65 gal.

What dismal fuel economy... I bet the Japanese had a much lighter tank made of Paper-Matche and bamboo that got tripple that fuel economy. Edited by Sixty8panther

Funny Fact before my grandpa died I always talked to him about the war and Caddy. Well he worked for it for 40 years. And his buddy went in to the Armored division and he said "about 5 of every 30 tanks we got was from caddy but be damned they were the only 5 left" Also after the War the Caddy tank was found to be more durable than any other tank. Also felt more punchy to drivers.

Cadilac need to build ther damn V16!!!

As is, don't f**k wiht it. Even if they only manage to break even after selling them it'd be worht it. The car would not only be a flagship for Cadillac Motor Cars but also for ALL of General Motors.

The Styling, perforamance & concept all score a big A+++.

If a Sheik was wiling to pay $10,000,000 for one then they should have no problem selling three hundered of themober the course of 5 years at $300,000 each. That's 90 billion dollars! Damn it the development wowk is halfaway done!

Bring it Caddy!

Posted Image

TRC: Thanks for the catch, my bad... 90 million of course.

The Sixteen may be too proud, confident and sexy for some people.  It may have too much presence.  It may be too bold, too elegant,  too American.  Let those people drive a Milan.

[post="51089"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ocn, your humor never ceases to amaze me--genious at times :)

Cadilac need to build ther damn V16!!!

As is, don't f**k wiht it. Even if they only manage to break even after selling them it'd be worht it. The car would not only be a flagship for Cadillac Motor Cars but also for ALL of General Motors.

The Styling, perforamance & concept all score a big A+++.

If a Sheik was wiling to pay $10,000,000 for one then they should have no problem selling three hundered of themober the course of 5 years at $300,000 each. That's 90 billion dollars! Damn it the development wowk is halfaway done!
Bring it Caddy!
Posted Image

[post="51013"][/post]

Im not sure about the sixteens state of developement but otherwise I agree

All these concepts like the Velite, Bengal and many others should have been built 5-10 side by side. Certainly special tooling had to be fabricated. This way GM could recover some of the R&D or manhours.

I could see how someone purchasing say a Twin Turbo Velite for 120,000 would be pretty pissed if they came to market 2 years later for 40,000. :o

Truth is the insurance and safety regulations would destroy any chance of making this type of speciality handbuilt low production cars possible.

I feel it would go along ways toward R&D funding as well as publicity.

Imagine what some of Earls dream cars would bring at auction today if not destroyed ? Now imagine if there were 5-10 each of them ?

The Sixteen may be too proud, confident and sexy for some people.  It may have too much presence.  It may be too bold, too elegant,  too American.  Let those people drive a Milan.

Great minds think alike.

:CG_all: