BUILD YOUR OWN EQUINOX 2010

Has anyone ever seen a "closed for maintenance" notice at a GM site? I am computer illiterate, is it possible the site is still going through the update and it is incomplete? Or can it be done with a keystroke at The New GM Headquarters? I'm going to check back in there later this morning... because I can't get past "choose a style" at the Colorado section, but I can say they put the MSRP down several hundred dollars for all styles since the last time I built a Colorado.

Tried the site. No problems but my computer is new and I have virtually no add-ons sludging up the processor. Equinox appears a capable run-about. The 4 cylinder would be attractive, especially in relatively flat NJ. A family of 4 or 5, presuming their level of loathing permits travelling as a group, would be well served going to family counseling in this Chevy. The modern equivalent of the station wagon lacking only a rearward facing back seat. Enjoy.

Someone messed up when updating the site. When I went there yesterday, the site would direct you to the new Equinox (with a thumbnail of the new one) from the main menu. Now it takes you to the old one with a thumbnail of the old one from the menu, and you have to follow another link to the Equinox's new mini site.

Someone messed up when updating the site. When I went there yesterday, the site would direct you to the new Equinox (with a thumbnail of the new one) from the main menu. Now it takes you to the old one with a thumbnail of the old one from the menu, and you have to follow another link to the Equinox's new mini site.

It seems New GM starts off really well in one area they HAVE to excel: communication with the car buying public. I mean... even Metallica has webmasters that announce site maintenance... why can't a multi-billion dollar company do the same?

It seems New GM starts off really well in one area they HAVE to excel: communication with the car buying public. I mean... even Metallica has webmasters that announce site maintenance... why can't a multi-billion dollar company do the same?

Well, odds are the updates were done late at night during low traffic. Since this is just an update and not a site revision, announcing maintenance wouldn't have been needed. However someone obviously botched up the updates and uploaded the wrong files.

Has anyone ever seen a "closed for maintenance" notice at a GM site? I am computer illiterate, is it possible the site is still going through the update and it is incomplete? Or can it be done with a keystroke at The New GM Headquarters? I'm going to check back in there later this morning... because I can't get past "choose a style" at the Colorado section, but I can say they put the MSRP down several hundred dollars for all styles since the last time I built a Colorado.

I've had you banned from all GM sites ... :neenerneener:

I've bought 12 brand new GM vehicles in my driving life. My first new car was an '81 Grand Prix given to me. That's 13 brand new GM vehicles since 1981, not to mention my first car was a '73 Catalina, and I had a '65 Corvair and a '66 Impala convertible. GM needs Kool-Aid drinkers like me... and you mean to tell me you've banned me from all GM sites? They'll never emerge from bankruptcy then. :confused0071: