Kia Lotze

HarleyEarl

Posted Image

Kia Lotze, New Version of U.S. Optima, Makes Korea Debut
Date posted: 12-02-2005

SEOUL — Kia Motors said it will begin to sell its completely redesigned midsize Lotze sedan, which is known as Magentis in Europe and as the Optima in the U.S, sometime in the first half of next year in the two markets.

The all-new Lotze made its debut in its home market of South Korea after the Frankfurt International Motor Show.

For the first time in the D-segment, Kia Motors will be offering customers a choice of gasoline and diesel engines. Available only in European Magentis models, Kia's new 2.0-liter, 140-hp CRDi diesel engine features a variable-geometry turbocharger (VGT) and a diesel particle filter (DPF) as standard, for optimum performance and economy, with Euro4 compliant emissions.

In Australia early next year, Kia Motors plans to sell the Lotze sedan along with its new Grand Carnival minivan. In the home market of South Korea, the new Lotze is expected to compete with its parent company Hyundai's Sonata and Renault Samsung's SM5.

The Sonata looks much better... I thought Kia was supposed to be the sporty and youthful brand.

[post="53281"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

EXACTLY.....!

Kia's definitely making better cars now.....HOWEVER, I find NOTHING sporty or youthful about any of their products.....(at least in comparison to Hyundai, not to mention Honda, Nissan, and Toyota.)

I saw the new Optima in Frankfurt and it's a total bore-fest......BUT it does have a more attractive interior than the Sonata. The center-stack is more conventional looking (re: the radio is not high above the HVAC vents, etc.)

omg, I had to actually check up and see that the GRAND CARNIVAL does in fact exist in Europe! first off, what a great way to almost steal a name, but botch the transfer in the process. Caravan makes sense, but carnival? what , are you driving a friggin freak show? but then I noticed the ELEVEN PASSENGER SEATING. GRAND carnival, indeed.

I can read it now: " Another reason why Detroit should be worried" That's the headline all the automags will give this car when it arrives even with the fact that it's a giant sedative on wheels. It will be described as "revolutionary" and "market shattering" when in reality, it brings absolutely nothing new to the market.