Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

If you worked for GM...

28 posts in this topic

...what would your nightmare job be?

And would you do it well anyway?

Edited by Camino LS6

Any job which is not of being a yes-man or not being a GM lifetimer or one position that seriously wants to change the structure/operation/product portfolio of GM is a nightmare job.

Performance of the job will totally depend on the level of responsibility and power I will have.

Let's assume that you are a mover and a shaker and have been assigned to a task you didn't want, but one that is important.

Let's assume that you are a mover and a shaker and have been assigned to a task you didn't want, but one that is important.

Blast the fiefdoms and remove subordinates from their comfort zone by forcing them to be responsible and accountable. Half the battle is won there. I know I sound crude there, but sometimes sterner actions are needed.

Blast the fiefdoms and remove subordinates from their comfort zone by forcing them to be responsible and accountable. Half the battle is won there. I know I sound crude there, but sometimes sterner actions are needed.

But that would be a fun job! :lol:

Okay, I guess I need to lay the scenario out a bit better.

Let's say that you are an assistant to Lutz and he decides to shake things up. He calls you in and gives you a mission that makes you groan inside for some reason.

What would that mission be?

I'd hate to be the guy in the mail room responsible for weeding out the letters from crazy people.

Okay, I guess I need to lay the scenario out a bit better.

Let's say that you are an assistant to Lutz and he decides to shake things up. He calls you in and gives you a mission that makes you groan inside for some reason.

What would that mission be?

Probably ordering FH birthday cake?

I might enjoy that...

The cake or the ordering? Possibly can order to make a Chevrolet Zeta cake. That would be fun.

:butthead::toiletpaper::toiler:

:rotflmao:

I might have to make him a "homemade special" with some errr... secret ingredients.

Make it spell "R-E-T-I-R-E."

Ed Welburn's position might be one. The excellent talent of his being wasted in hiding ho hum vehicles through innovating designs and trying to polish Turds.

You all can scream at me but my nightmare is...

Make Buick relevant and exciting. I like Buick and they have built some great cars over the years, but making Buick relevant, given GM's corporate culture, now that's a nightmare.

Chris

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0