New GMT900 Truck Captured?

Ur_pimp

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/scr...iginal/1624.jpg

Does anyone else notice that other Truck on the far right side of the picture?

Whoever took this picture should have gotten a pis of that also, because it looks like it has a bed dosent it?

Possibly the new Silverado? Or maybe even The new GMC Truck, Being that theres a Denali on the far left side of the pic ??

Tahoe/Suburban pair look great.

[post="56820"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. That white Suburban just looks like such a better looking, more refined piece than our '04, which is great itself. The front end passed the "Nice. I like it." mother test when I showed her the first Tahoe spy pics this past summer--thought it looked a lot nicer than her current one, especially after the cladded Avalanche she used to have. LOVED that front end.

A lot nicer than the big bubble Buick (a.k.a. 2007 Yukon) too... B) Edited by caddycruiser

From the various spy shots of the GMT-900 Sierra, I think GM's blowin' smoke up our butts by telling us the Yukon & Sierra will have different front ends. What will be different I think will be the grille insert (headlights, bumper, hood will probably be the same). Look at these two pictures and judge for yourself:

Sierra:
Posted Image

Yukon:
Posted Image

From the various spy shots of the GMT-900 Sierra, I think GM's blowin' smoke up our butts by telling us the Yukon & Sierra will have different front ends.  What will be different I think will be the grille insert (headlights, bumper, hood will probably be the same).  Look at these two pictures and judge for yourself:

Sierra:
Posted Image

Yukon:
Posted Image

[post="57251"][/post]

I agree. They said the Caddillac would be much different than the Yukon or the Tahoe, but yet all it has is a different nose and pretty much the same exact sheet metal. It almost looks like the Yukon <_<

I would imagine the Silverado would look just like the Tahoe with a real metal bumper instead of a molded fascia and that the Sierra will look like the Yukon with a different grill insert and real bumpers.

I agree. They said the Caddillac would be much different than the Yukon or the Tahoe, but yet all it has is a different nose and pretty much the same exact sheet metal. It almost looks like the Yukon <_<

I would imagine the Silverado would look just like the Tahoe with a real metal bumper instead of a molded fascia and that the Sierra will look like the Yukon with a different grill insert and real bumpers.

[post="57348"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't believe that there will be any more metal bumpers on the 1500s. They were making the switch on the last model.. The time has come that they will be all plastic...

From the various spy shots of the GMT-900 Sierra, I think GM's blowin' smoke up our butts by telling us the Yukon & Sierra will have different front ends.  What will be different I think will be the grille insert (headlights, bumper, hood will probably be the same).  Look at these two pictures and judge for yourself:

Sierra:
Posted Image

Yukon:
Posted Image

[post="57251"][/post]

I see a more squared off bolder grill. Also I see that the grill has less 'bars' going across it than the SUV.

I saw the GMT900 trucks testing up here in Payson AZ (they do tow testing here, due to the large elevation change over a relatively short distance). The interior looks very much like the Tahoe interior. That is how I was able to tell what it was. The guy didn't like me almost standing up in my Tribute, to see the interior of the truck. LOL Also, the driver of the Lincoln Mark LT that was a chase truck behind it, was not very happy with me. Especially when I turned into the gas station lot they were using as a staging area (about 4 completely bagged trucks, one towing a trailer.......... along with the Lincoln, an F150, and a Dodge truck). The truck still looked smaller than the Lincoln. The interior looked nice, if a bit carlike for a truck (remember all of those who complained about how carlike the F150's interior was............. the GMT900 interior makes the F150's look very truckish). Thus, if you like the Tahoe's interior, you will like the trucks interior.

I saw the GMT900 trucks testing up here in Payson AZ (they do tow testing here, due to the large elevation change over a relatively short distance).

The interior looks very much like the Tahoe interior. That is how I was able to tell what it was. The guy didn't like me almost standing up in my Tribute, to see the interior of the truck. LOL Also, the driver of the Lincoln Mark LT that was a chase truck behind it, was not very happy with me. Especially when I turned into the gas station lot they were using as a staging area (about 4 completely bagged trucks, one towing a trailer.......... along with the Lincoln, an F150, and a Dodge truck).

The truck still looked smaller than the Lincoln. The interior looked nice, if a bit carlike for a truck (remember all of those who complained about how carlike the F150's interior was............. the GMT900 interior makes the F150's look very truckish).

Thus, if you like the Tahoe's interior, you will like the trucks interior.

[post="57511"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How was the Silverado interior different than the Tahoes? Did it look bigger than the current Silverado?

I saw the GMT900 trucks testing up here in Payson AZ (they do tow testing here, due to the large elevation change over a relatively short distance).

The interior looks very much like the Tahoe interior. That is how I was able to tell what it was. The guy didn't like me almost standing up in my Tribute, to see the interior of the truck. LOL Also, the driver of the Lincoln Mark LT that was a chase truck behind it, was not very happy with me. Especially when I turned into the gas station lot they were using as a staging area (about 4 completely bagged trucks, one towing a trailer.......... along with the Lincoln, an F150, and a Dodge truck).

The truck still looked smaller than the Lincoln. The interior looked nice, if a bit carlike for a truck (remember all of those who complained about how carlike the F150's interior was............. the GMT900 interior makes the F150's look very truckish).

Thus, if you like the Tahoe's interior, you will like the trucks interior.

[post="57511"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Do you have a digital camera? I'm sure you could get some pretty good money for some spy shots.

Looking at the Sierra spy photo, it appears to me that the grille is upright, not laid back like on the Yukon. I think it will be sufficiently differentiated while retaining a family resemblance. I certainly hope GMC wouldn't release a pickup truck with as girly a front end as the new Yukon (my least favourite of the 900 SUVs.)

Guest YellowJacket894
Regarding the whole Sierra nosejob issue: I think that the hood will be the same as the Yukon, but the front fasica will be different. And it will resemble the '00 Terradyne concept, which was a scary looking bastard of a truck. Makes a Ram look feminine, if you ask me. Also, if you hard enough in spy pics of a white Avalanche mule floating around Michigan or elsewhere, it pretty much has the same nose as the Tahoe. I think the Silverado will look different, though, but like the Yukon and Sierra, will share a hood with the Tahoe. Edited by anorexorcist

To answer the questions to me................ I do have a digital camera. It was nice and safe, here at home, when I saw the truck. I was on my way to pick up my 3-year-old from preschool, when I saw it. Surprised the crap out of me............ and I followed it. The Lincoln Mark LT was what I saw first, as it was behind the GM. It caught my attention, becuase it had a manufacturers plate on it. I was thinking "I don't remember anything new happening with the LT anytime in the near future," so I sped up to see what was up. When I got along side the Lincoln, I saw the bagged truck. As there was no Chevy/GM next to it, it was really hard to guage size. However, as I said, it did look alot smaller than the LT. Of course, it may have just been a 2wd, vs the 4wd for the LT. The wheels were large.......... I would say 18's at least. The rear was the corporate GM rear. Due to all the bagging, I couldn't see the front to see if there was a diff (believe me, I zipped around that thing everywhere and was in front of it when they turned into the gas station south of town). I had to speed to the next turn, and return to the station to get a gander at the whole collection. To me, it looked very much like the Tahoe interior. Same dash shape, same vents........... use of wood, etc. There were wires and equipment everywhere, but the general look was very much the same. I would have to see the two side by side to tell any differences. I imagine there are some, but I wasn't exactly able to study it. LOL I need to carry the camera with me. If they did this once, they will continue to do it. I have seen GM do tow testing up here many times before............ however, never with such a disguised and bagged vehicle as this one. I have seen the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade tow testing also, but was never in the position to really check them out (as in, I couldn't tell if they were GM, or Ford). Now that the official pics of the SUV's have been released, I'm sure I will see them continue to tow test.......... uncovered.