Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

> Production Orlando sneak peek!!!, from the GM video: What makes a Chevrolet a Chevrolet

!!!TED!!!

C&G first!

What makes a Chevrolet a Chevrolet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqdJY_DcSBw

At 1:09, you can clearly see two Chevrolet CUVs. Could these be production Orlando prototypes?

The one on the left shares styling features with the Volt!

The one on the right matches up with the latest spy pictures ( http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2011-chevy-orlando-spy-shots/ )

orlando2.jpg

orlando1.jpg

Double size:

orlando3.jpg

Wow nice find. Old GM used to leave us little hints in their video and photo releases, and I'm excited to see they're still at it. From what I can see it looks pretty similar to the concept which I think looks pretty good. Ted, maybe you should add a C&G watermark to those images?

Filed under: Spy Photos, Hybrid, Videos, Crossover, Chevrolet

orlandospyvid_opt.jpg
Click above to watch video after the jump

We're not entirely certain, but it sure looks like it. General Motors recently released a YouTube vid explaining what makes a Chevrolet a Chevrolet that shows a series a of sweeping shots that catches bowtie specials like the Corvette Grand Sport and the 2010 Camaro. At around 1:05, the camera focuses on the C-Pillar of a Camaro, and as the shot pans across the coupe's greenhouse, a quick glimpse of two production-ready Chevy crossover vans is given.

The crossover on the right looks a whole lot like the Chevy Orlando concept debuted at the 2008 Paris Motor Show last fall, which also looks an awful lot like the vehicle captured in these spy photos below. The Orlando is set to replace the HHR in Chevy showrooms by 2011 with seating for seven and car-like fuel economy.

The crossover on the left could be even more interesting, as it appears to share styling cues with the Volt, an example of which is parked next to it. Could this be a crossover with the automaker's extended range EV Voltec hardware underhood? Is it the Chevy version of the plug-in Buick crossover we heard about last week? Again, we can't be sure with just a few seconds of video as evidence, but we're willing to wager that the Volt styling cues signifies that there is likely an electric motor and batteries somewhere under that hood.

GM likely has managers and ad execs who scour these videos before they ever see the light of day, so we should assume that the company is simply giving us a cryptic peek at what is to come. Follow the jump to view the vid for yourself. Thanks for the tip, Ted!

[source: Cheers and Gears]

Continue reading Production Chevy Orlando spotted in promo vid? [w/VIDEO]

Production Chevy Orlando spotted in promo vid? [w/VIDEO] originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=5hpTfr_8YXE:-Oy9YCMBxhI:wF9xT autoblog?i=5hpTfr_8YXE:-Oy9YCMBxhI:V_sGL
5hpTfr_8YXE

View the full article

I actually like these better than the concept. Especially the Volt inspired design.

Agreed.

Maybe BOTH of these will be Orlando.. Lutz has stated that it will receive Voltec, it'd make sense both from an aero and marketing standpoint that it bear some resemblance to the Volt.

Good old common sense. Can't beat it. :AH-HA_wink:

Nah, I sent them the tip.

GM has reposted the video now, but the Orlandos have been edited out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8YGktsf8Ek

Also featured now on the Vince Burlapp Car Page: http://www.burlappcars.com/2009/08/chevrolet-orlando.html

and GMI: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f38/pro...gm-video-82956/ (with clueless discussion!)

Not a fan of any of these but the Volt based Orlando nose looks much cleaner. But that is just me.

These just remind me too much of a Dodge Caliper. For a little more you can have the new Nox.

The real question is will they find 100,000 people to buy these like the HHR has. The HHR people in general do no like these so new buyers will have to be found.

Not a fan of any of these but the Volt based Orlando nose looks much cleaner. But that is just me.

These just remind me too much of a Dodge Caliper. For a little more you can have the new Nox.

The real question is will they find 100,000 people to buy these like the HHR has. The HHR people in general do no like these so new buyers will have to be found.

Caliber. Dodge Caliber. :wink:

Another feather in your cap,Ted - well done!

Still, the proportions just look a bit off on these designs (at least the Volt-styled one). Something about the rear quarter that looks wrong, and maybe the ride height. These just look less planted and substantial than the concept to me.

They just don't quite sit right.

Edited by Camino LS6

If it has utility, decent gas mileage and priced just where HHR started, I can see this being a success.

That formula will work for 1/3 to 1/2 of the HHR customers but the rest buy it because it is the anti Minivan. I can tell you now the HHR web site has not given the Orlando a good reception. Many are claiming they will buy a new HHR in 2011 so they don't have to buy the Orlando.

If Chevy can make a good small truck I will go back to it or even a car before I would buy a Orlando just based on looks alone.

I like the one styled with the Volt's front end. The other, not so much.

Maybe they are going to use both fascias--one for the regular Orlando, and one for the Orlando Volt (a compact MPV seems like a natural application for the Volt powertrain)...they've done that before with some production hybrid and fuel cell prototypes--unique fascias (the Equinox and Tahoe come to mind).

Rob

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Could the vehicle on the left be some sort of LWB Gamma MPV perhaps? Just guessing.

The vehicle on the right looks to be a production version of the Orlando Concept. If it actually is the production version of the Orlando (which I hope gets a name change when transitioning from concept to production), it appears to be quite diluted from the concept. I hope it's just the fuzzy quality of the screencap that is making it appear to be that way.

THe one on the left could see a lot of body changes to take advantage of the extra miles with the battery. The aero on this car is even more important than the Tahoe hybrids.

I know the said some of the changed on the Volt ever so small aero changes added 7 miles to electric mode.