OD'd on stoopid pills...

I did my own poking around the C4C lots this weekend, and it put me at ease overall. 95% of the vehicles there were older, high mileage minivans, SUVs, and trucks and nothing too special. The only vehicles I saw there that pulled my heartstrings were a black early 80s Caprice Coupe with some slight rust on the doors, a late 80s Plymouth Gran Fury, a third gen Camaro, Sedan DeVille, Crown Vic, and Caprice wagon.

The Caprice Coupe really killed me...those are hard enough to find unmolested. It wouldn't have taken much to get it looking good again.

p1060191g.jpg

p1060206.jpg

p1060188.jpg

p1060207.jpg

p1060189.jpg

This wasn't taken by me, but once again another pic that gets my blood boiling (looks to be a third gen Camaro, and of course they have to pick old Detroit iron and park it out front with a nasty epitaph)

27clunker2_650.jpg

Edited by mustang84

Mustang84 - go further behind Jim Miller and see the BMW 735i, the Aurora and the third gen (the third gen is an 88 and is really really beat!) and there are enough Jeeps back behind both Jim Miller and McGraths (where the b-body Cappy is) to have a Jeep Jamboree.

The Third gen with "goodbye clunker" written on the window looks like it has shiny paint, t-tops, and it has the striped interior, so it has a higher level trim on it. Could be an Iroc. Sad. I would love to have a third gen again. Wonderful cars.

Youtube finds this morning turned up a Dodge Stealth, Subaru SRX, Z28 Convertible 6 speed car, and a few really sadly nice cars...oh and a Late Model Eldorado that they ran against a pull to run a burn-out contest - with a 150 shot of NOS and no oil. Sad. Looked like a clean car.

The Corvette in the original post had 18,000 original miles on it with two burned plug wires in it. Owner thought the motor was toast. It is now. CRY. Don't forget: Dodge was matching the clunker money for a while, so it MAY have brought the owner $9000. I think the Dodge dealers matching the clunker money really is the reason we are seeing such NICE cars going to the crushers. A majority of what I am seeing behind the dealers really do not bother me to see destroyed (a caravan is a caravan) But seeing the Corvette and a Camaro knowingly destroyed kills me.

Edited by toesuf94

Based on the CHMSL and the wheels, that's a 1986 Corvette. Whoever clunked it should have his balls cut off with a rusted butterknife. The body was in great shape, and the TPI 350 didn't get all that much worse mileage than the Corvettes of today.