90 year-old man buried in his 1973 Pontiac Catalina

XP715

That guy just got buried in his Pontiac in Saluda. Saluda South Carolina is right down the road a piece from where my parents live.

Nice little BBQ resteraunt down there, enjhoy going there with my dad.

Saluda SC is also the site of the steepest railraod grade in the USA IIRC, although they don't use the tracks much there, if at all anymore.

Some interesting train wrecks happened there way back when...

Chris

That guy just got buried in his Pontiac in Saluda. Saluda South Carolina is right down the road a piece from where my parents live.

Saluda SC is also the site of the steepest railraod grade in the USA IIRC, although they don't use the tracks much there, if at all anymore.

Chris

and my senior year in high school, the Pendleton High School Marching Band waxed saluda's hehehe

whoops... with the exception of batesburg-leesville... they covered the football field when they were doing their shows... an unfair advantage of numbers to hide their many mistakes...

Edited by cletus8269

This actually put a smile on my face, as weird as that may seem. I've always planned on being buried in my '79 Olds, and I bought it when I was 18. We'll see if I still have it when the time comes, if not perhaps my current car at that point.

I saw that but didn't know how to link it. A shame, the car appears to be in good shape, and everybody here knows I love '73s. It was his, though, so I can understand I guess. It seems like they'll have trouble with the ground falling in, though, because as the earth settles, it will fill the air spaces inside the car, unless they covered the car with something before filling it in.

I saw that but didn't know how to link it. A shame, the car appears to be in good shape, and everybody here knows I love '73s. It was his, though, so I can understand I guess. It seems like they'll have trouble with the ground falling in, though, because as the earth settles, it will fill the air spaces inside the car, unless they covered the car with something before filling it in.

it looked like the windows were rolled down. he had some of his guns from his gun collection in the car with him too, they said that once the car was in the ground they were going to pump concrete over it.

Chris

Yessir... It's about an hour from my parents house.

The Saluda grade has been closed for several years now. I've been meaning to walk it one day but never have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saluda_grade

Another interesting tidbit:

http://www.polkcounty.org/saludagrade/trains/Article.html

We used to go see it (when I was a kid) when we would go to "The Junction" in Landrum for Sunday Lunch.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM