Anyone seen a Tahoe (07) at a dealer yet?

07_Denali

Are they selling well ? question to the sales reps on this forum.

[post="82251"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

not as well as we would prefer...

but you must understand these things are expensive, and people cant pay for them...

people cant shell out 700$ payments on a car... 600$ is pushing it... but then you gotta come up with some down...

Guest YellowJacket894
Ouch. So there is a snag in the GMT-900s after all. I knew when I looked at that price tag it wasn't going to be good. The product is great, the price is $5,000 gee-zils over the limit.

Ouch. So there is a snag in the GMT-900s after all. I knew when I looked at that price tag it wasn't going to be good.

The product is great, the price is $5,000 gee-zils over the limit.

[post="82570"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

well i mean they are cheaper, but they have no incentives... so realisitically they are a lot more expensive...

Guest YellowJacket894
I should also mention that the sticker on the windshield read "MSRP as of Janurary 2006: $43,970." I don't know. Think that also means the price will drop soon?

Laroche Chevrolet-Cadillac in Brenham, Texas has an '07 Tahoe on the front lot...saw it there on Friday.

Laroche Chevrolet-Cadillac in Brenham, Texas has an '07 Tahoe on the front lot...saw it there on Friday.

[post="83662"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

just 1? wow... :'(

we've got over 80 in stock

but thats probably because we are #30 on volume dealerships nation wide... and 75% of our business is silverados and tahoes...

Though the old/current gen were always very good trucks, I'd venture to say one of the #1 reasons for their sales numbers were that people could ALWAYS get a good deal on one. That's the main reason why so many buyers end up being repeat buyers, like the older couple at church who has bought a new Tahoe every year for the past 5 years...started out with 2 LT's, and are now on their 3rd Z71 in a row, each a different color.

That's why, when I was waiting to see the pricing, I ASSUMED GM would really try and get the MSRP's down to levels a LOT closer to what people were always used to paying after the loads of discounts. Not saying they need to have no room whatsoever for haggling, but there's no way in hell a 2wd Tahoe LS should still be starting not much under the $34k mark...that's just ludicrous for what you get. $29k as an absolute base, I could see, but not mid $30's. A nice truck, but not THAT nice.

They still haven't been out for that long, but I'm assuming some pretty hefty rebates will be right around the corner, as they get the rest of the line rolled out and on the lots.

I'm really wondering what made them say this, when it really wasn't true:
Mr. LaNeve declined to say how much GM would lower prices compared to Ford Motor Co., Toyota Motor Corp. and other car makers, but he said the sticker prices would be "aggressive." The first indicator of how low GM tends to go will be in the pricing for the new Chevrolet Tahoe, which will be announced next week during the Detroit auto show.

Oh yeah, really aggressive cuts there... ^_^

Though the old/current gen were always very good trucks, I'd venture to say one of the #1 reasons for their sales numbers were that people could ALWAYS get a good deal on one.  That's the main reason why so many buyers end up being repeat buyers, like the older couple at church who has bought a new Tahoe every year for the past 5 years...started out with 2 LT's, and are now on their 3rd Z71 in a row, each a different color.

That's why, when I was waiting to see the pricing, I ASSUMED GM would really try and get the MSRP's down to levels a LOT closer to what people were always used to paying after the loads of discounts.  Not saying they need to have no room whatsoever for haggling, but there's no way in hell a 2wd Tahoe LS should still be starting not much under the $34k mark...that's just ludicrous for what you get.  $29k as an absolute base, I could see, but not mid $30's.  A nice truck, but not THAT nice.

They still haven't been out for that long, but I'm assuming some pretty hefty rebates will be right around the corner, as they get the rest of the line rolled out and on the lots.

I'm really wondering what made them say this, when it really wasn't true:
Mr. LaNeve declined to say how much GM would lower prices compared to Ford Motor Co., Toyota Motor Corp. and other car makers, but he said the sticker prices would be "aggressive." The first indicator of how low GM tends to go will be in the pricing for the new Chevrolet Tahoe, which will be announced next week during the Detroit auto show.

Oh yeah, really aggressive cuts there... ^_^

[post="83697"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

currently the LS starts at 34... your right, but the product isnt fully out yet... what is rumored is that the 4.8 LS will be a definite "Stripper" model, and might hold a tag as low as 29k... but fuel ecconomy will suffer as will power. also payloads will suffer on the 4.8

but the MSRP is what you pay, there arent any discounts there arent any rebates. Edited by Newbiewar

Just like I expected...the 4.8 will be kept around just so they can say that they have a starting price under $xxxxx <_< Doesn't matter that the power and even economy doesn't match the typical 5.3, just "have to have" it around... Like I said, there's nothing on an '07 LS 2wd to mandate a pricetag from $34k and up...nothing, except, for unnecessarily building in a bit of a discount "bubble" so that you can cater to the people who won't buy without seeing a significant chunk of price removed...even if it does just mean all you're doing is an invoice deal. The MSRP and invoice should be a lot closer (i.e., instead of $3k or more, cut that down to $1-1.5k), and both should be lower in the first place. We've yet to ever buy a new car that wasn't offered to us at invoice or lower without even asking (and before rebates), as that's pretty much the figure that most dealers have adapted to selling at anymore. You work at a dealer--do YOU think this little idea of a significantly lower MSRP/invoice would work or no? There would definately be some overlap with the pathetic Trailblazer and Envoy, but hopefully a replacement for those things will have a lower pricetag too, and that overlap will shrink. Plus, it's not like it would hurt already pretty slim margins...if you sell at invoice or close to it most of the time anyway, there's no big deal. I'm just sick and tired of GM saying they're changing their pricing dramatically, and only half-assing it... Edited by caddycruiser

You work at a dealer--do YOU think this little idea of a significantly lower MSRP/invoice would work or no?  There would definately be some overlap with the pathetic Trailblazer and Envoy, but hopefully a replacement for those things will have a lower pricetag too, and that overlap will shrink.  Plus, it's not like it would hurt already pretty slim margins...if you sell at invoice or close to it most of the time anyway, there's no big deal.

I'm just sick and tired of GM saying they're changing their pricing dramatically, and only half-assing it...

[post="83723"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Honnestly it makes business much harder...

the reason the msrp's stay a little inflated is to keep the banks happy... for those of you who trade with negitive equity and dont put anything down might understand what im refering to...

lets say for example... you own a 04 tahoe, you owe 25k, but its only worth 20k to the dealership... so thats -5k

now say the new tahoe costs us 31k, and we are going to sell it for MSRP of 34k...

well we've also got to finance the taxes... so maybe 38k out the door...

and also we want to finance the negitive equity, we will be at 43k... the bank no way will finance that much, so we will discount the car a little bit, say we even sold it for invoice... we'd be sitting at 40k... with an msrp of 34k... thats 17% over advance... you need pretty good credit to get that, not the greatest but you've got to be probably 600+

but, if MSRP was 31, where we accually sold the car, and we are still financing 40k... thats a 29% over advance... you need to be in the mid 700's for an advance like that...

sooo... it keeps the banks happy... Edited by Newbiewar

Well, I guess that does make sense, but I still think they're overpriced. Everything you said seems highly accurate, but the days of seeing $10-15k off Suburbans and Tahoes still perturbs me a bit.... :blink:

Well, I guess that does make sense, but I still think they're overpriced.

Everything you said seems highly accurate, but the days of seeing $10-15k off Suburbans and Tahoes still perturbs me a bit.... :blink:

[post="83752"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

well you've got to understand the most expensive part of a vehicle is the research and design...

the 06 tahoes and suburbans and trucks are basically based off of a 92 design...

the interior never really changed either...

so you are talking a 14 year old refresh... the design costs are long since been paid for...

that is why huge incentives are possible...

but the new one... is woth every penny, and people up themselves, no one wants to pay for the LS when a thousand or two more they could have wood trim, and just thousand or two more they could have leather, and heck just a few more thousand you can have heated seats... you do that enough times you've got naviagion on your 46k$ road warrior

On that note, you wouldn't happen to have any LS model pics, would you?  Any real difference other than the black handles and mirrors?

[post="83768"][/post]

Posted Image

look at that picture, now where ever you see the wood trim, its not there... see the trim around the vents... thats what you get... or at least something similar to it... its better then the old ones, but the wood grain really makes it worth while

Posted Image

look at that picture, now where ever you see the wood trim, its not there... see the trim around the vents... thats what you get... or at least something similar to it... its better then the old ones, but the wood grain really makes it worth while

[post="83772"][/post]

Oh, that's not bad then. Did they use "soft" cloth like in the old/current gen trucks or switch to stiff, thin stuff like the Equinox?

A few pics off CarDomain:
Posted Image
Posted Image

The LS looks pretty good, except for the missing side trim...but that could be stuck on pretty easily, I guess, if you wanted.

Still think I'd for for a 1LT though, so I could still get a cloth interior but also a wider range of options like our '04 LS has.

I must say, I was HIGHLY skeptical, but the vehicle that insanely impressed me at the Philly Auto Show today was the new Tahoe, by far. The 3rd seat is still awful, and not fit for humans, but EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING is worlds ahead of the old trucks. It'd really be embarrassing to park, say, our '04 Suburban next to one and compare...mainly because there is no comparison at all. The impression I got was that it was as if GM has done all the mechanicals and general layout (hence the live axle rear, and lack of room inside back there), but that if someone like Audi or MB had been sourced for the interior. The leather was actually soft leather, and not stiff vinyl like the current crap, the plastics and colors were simply gorgeous, and everything fit, opened, and closed like you would expect on some high end Audi or MB sedan. Just incredible, and trust me, I can't stand most of what GM does...i.e., things like the Lucerne still didn't impress me. Even seemed a notch up from some of the typically incredible VW's and BMW's I looked at. Overall, their "worth" is now a lot closer to what the actual sticker says, and not as completely out of line as I had thought. Still a bit high when it comes to getting people to sign on the line, but there wasn't a single competitor I looked at that even came close in terms of the overall polish. Wow, just wow...and I might even be able to get over the whole 3rd seat sucking thing (well, not really, but could at least deal with it), because the rest is so damn nice. I can't even believe our '04 came from the same company...it looks and feels like a product from 15 years and several bankrupties ago.... :o

I must say, I was HIGHLY skeptical, but the vehicle that insanely impressed me at the Philly Auto Show today was the new Tahoe, by far.

The 3rd seat is still awful, and not fit for humans, but EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING is worlds ahead of the old trucks. It'd really be embarrassing to park, say, our '04 Suburban next to one and compare...mainly because there is no comparison at all.

The impression I got was that it was as if GM has done all the mechanicals and general layout (hence the live axle rear, and lack of room inside back there), but that if someone like Audi or MB had been sourced for the interior. The leather was actually soft leather, and not stiff vinyl like the current crap, the plastics and colors were simply gorgeous, and everything fit, opened, and closed like you would expect on some high end Audi or MB sedan. Just incredible, and trust me, I can't stand most of what GM does...i.e., things like the Lucerne still didn't impress me. Even seemed a notch up from some of the typically incredible VW's and BMW's I looked at.

Overall, their "worth" is now a lot closer to what the actual sticker says, and not as completely out of line as I had thought. Still a bit high when it comes to getting people to sign on the line, but there wasn't a single competitor I looked at that even came close in terms of the overall polish.

Wow, just wow...and I might even be able to get over the whole 3rd seat sucking thing (well, not really, but could at least deal with it), because the rest is so damn nice. I can't even believe our '04 came from the same company...it looks and feels like a product from 15 years and several bankrupties ago.... :o

[post="85163"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

you think they sorced MB for interior...

who do you think our product man is... Mr BMW himself, Bob Lutz... look at any recent BMW and dont tell me you dont see the same wood grain, dont tell me you dont see the same style HAVC... Dont tell me the leather isnt from the same company... its like you get a BMW for the value of a Chevy... Thanks Lutz... I know cause we've got a used 2003 325 in our used car lot... the wood is exactly the same... leather the same, everything is the same...

I just test drove an '07 LT. Compared to our '02 LT w/ Autoride, the new one is... Smooth, refined, solid, quiet... the list goes on. It felt really good/solid/smooth driving over ruts and bumps, up and down driveways etc. The black interior is sweet, but it does give a sense of a smaller cabin compared to the tan in our Tahoe. The dash layout is good, the rear view camera is neat. I didn't go knocking on the plastic etc. because I don't care, but everything looks good (dash, gauges, buttons, knobs). The seating surfaces look like they are higher quality. The engine/powertrain doesn't feel weak, it is more refined and smooth. The acceleration is there, but the shifts aren't as hard. The dealership I went to has had an average of 25 Tahoes on the lot at all times, and word is they are selling very well. I did peak into an LS with cloth and full bench in the front row. It even looked good, and I even prefer the all "aluminum" trim to the "wood." The only thing that set it apart from the LT's were the different wheels (still 17"), the black door handles and of course the badge. Edited by AAS

you think they sorced MB for interior...

who do you think our product man is... Mr BMW himself, Bob Lutz... look at any recent BMW and dont tell me you dont see the same wood grain, dont tell me you dont see the same style HAVC... Dont tell me the leather isnt from the same company... its like you get a BMW for the value of a Chevy...  Thanks Lutz... I know cause we've got a used 2003 325 in our used car lot... the wood is exactly the same... leather the same, everything is the same...

[post="85207"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Precisely. Only thing is, in the various LTZ's that were there at least, they looked to be of an even HIGHER grade than the BMW's. Why? Everything had exactly the same texturing and the wood grain was virtually identical, but they also had a touch more luxurious softness added in. Just terrific.

Everyone there who was looking seemed to think and say the same thing, except for one odd guy who pointed the truck out to a friend and then approached saying "Everything is a lot nicer, but, well, you know, there's still a few cheap things here and there." I crawled through VW's, MB's, Lexus's, BMW's, etc., this morning, and never could pick out one thing in any of those that stood out over this Chevy interior. And in the Chevy specifically, I opened, closed, banged on, tapped, stared at, etc., and nothing jumped out. Anyone who says anything different is crazy, seriously.

Comparing it to competiting big utes, it REALLY stood out. I rate them in this order, judging on overall finish, materials, solidity, etc:
1. Tahoe/Yukon (2007)
2. Navigator (2006)
3. Expedition (2006)
4. Durango
5. Armada
6. Seqouia/Yukon (2006) tie

As for last, the Sequoia just has pathetic interior styling and okay, but not standout materials. Its dash is also the worst, from a look standpoint. The current/old gen Yukon then, isn't exactly barf-worthy, but, well, is pretty horrible in terms of finish and quality inside. Ergonomics are still good, but the thin, cheap, poorly fitting days are certainly over with now--good riddens!

Not saying they're Maybach'ss, but boy do the GM's ever impress :cheers: Edited by caddycruiser

I just test drove an '07 LT.  Compared to our '02 LT w/ Autoride, the new one is...

Smooth, refined, solid, quiet... the list goes on.

It felt really good/solid/smooth driving over ruts and bumps, up and down driveways etc.  The black interior is sweet, but it does give a sense of a smaller cabin compared to the tan in our Tahoe. The dash layout is good, the rear view camera is neat.  I didn't go knocking on the plastic etc. because I don't care, but everything looks good (dash, gauges, buttons, knobs).  The seating surfaces look like they are higher quality.  The engine/powertrain doesn't feel weak, it is more refined and smooth.  The acceleration is there, but the shifts aren't as hard.

The dealership I went to has had an average of 25 Tahoes on the lot at all times, and word is they are selling very well.

I did peak into an LS with cloth and full bench in the front row.  It even looked good, and I even prefer the all "aluminum" trim to the "wood."  The only thing that set it apart from the LT's were the different wheels (still 17"), the black door handles and of course the badge.

[post="85219"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sounds great to me. Our '04 is still a generally solid, quiet, and smooth piece, but doesn't stand out in any one of those categories, especially not the solid. Not Nissan-grade as far as rattly, bubble-gum stuck together, but still not even as tanklike as a friend's '00 Durango I rode in years ago--in comparison, while that thing was silent and seemed "carved out of one piece" over the nastiest of pavement, the Suburban jiggles a bit more, has "tiny" rattles, and does actually seem like a bunch of different pieces put together--a generally solid truck, but not to the same degree.

If the new ones have everything they have going for them just sitting still, like I experienced today, but also finally have that "tank" feel to them, plus a lot sharper brakes and steering, that's AWESOME :AH-HA_wink: Edited by caddycruiser

Precisely.  Only thing is, in the various LTZ's that were there at least, they looked to be of an even HIGHER grade than the BMW's.  Why?  Everything had exactly the same texturing and the wood grain was virtually identical, but they also had a touch more luxurious softness added in.  Just terrific.

Everyone there who was looking seemed to think and say the same thing, except for one odd guy who pointed the truck out to a friend and then approached saying "Everything is a lot nicer, but, well, you know, there's still a few cheap things here and there."  I crawled through VW's, MB's, Lexus's, BMW's, etc., this morning, and never could pick out one thing in any of those that stood out over this Chevy interior.  And in the Chevy specifically, I opened, closed, banged on, tapped, stared at, etc., and nothing jumped out.  Anyone who says anything different is crazy, seriously.

Comparing it to competiting big utes, it REALLY stood out.  I rate them in this order, judging on overall finish, materials, solidity, etc:
1. Tahoe/Yukon (2007)
2. Navigator (2006)
3. Expedition (2006)
4. Durango
5. Armada
6. Seqouia/Yukon (2006) tie

As for last, the Sequoia just has pathetic interior styling and okay, but not standout materials.  Its dash is also the worst, from a look standpoint.  The current/old gen Yukon then, isn't exactly barf-worthy, but, well, is pretty horrible in terms of finish and quality inside.  Ergonomics are still good, but the thin, cheap, poorly fitting days are certainly over with now--good riddens!

Not saying they're Maybach'ss, but boy do the GM's ever impress :cheers:

[post="85233"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

to compliment that, we had a buyer in the other day ready to give up his lexus RX300 when the lease ended in a month, he was like, its powerful, its very comfortable, and smooth... wow, this is a really good car. normally i wouldnt have considered it, but my friend just bought one, and told me to come by.

I tell people, the exterior isnt really the best part... so they look inside, and they are like... :o ... lol From a customers mouth, "Wow, the 07's just make all the 06's look like a pile of crap, I need to get rid of mine, and get a new one" and then i said... nope thats not the biggest improvement, lets take a drive, then you'll see how great this vehcile is. and sure enough, no one ever coments on how the truck is dissapointing other then maybe, it looks like a navigator, or it looks like an armada... although my coworkers think the old 5.3 is more agressive off the line.. Edited by Newbiewar

to compliment that, we had a buyer in the other day ready to give up his lexus RX300 when the lease ended in a month, he was like, its powerful, its very comfortable, and smooth... wow, this is a really good car.  normally i wouldnt have considered it, but my friend just bought one, and told me to come by.

[post="85246"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good stuff! I'd probably have the same kind of reaction, even after just seeing them immobilized today--the materials and overall quality won me over instantly.

I REALLY want to drive one. After seeing the new Suburban today too, there might very well be another one in mom's future, as long as one is in the proper price range by trade time.

Actually, on that note, I'm hoping that they might start offering the power liftgate from 1LT models and up, so one can get a cloth-interiored LT with a wide assortment of options, plus that feature. I could see keeping it out of the LS, but it's just too useful and admittedly, simple, of a feature to only leave available for a few top models.

Haha...actually, that was what I had the most fun with today at the show--seeking out all the ute's and wagons that have powered liftgates just so I could play with the buttons :)

Precisely.  Only thing is, in the various LTZ's that were there at least, they looked to be of an even HIGHER grade than the BMW's.  Why?  Everything had exactly the same texturing and the wood grain was virtually identical, but they also had a touch more luxurious softness added in.  Just terrific.

[post="85233"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'd have to disagree... all the Tahoes I've checked out had 100% hard dashtop materials; they weren't a bit pliable. But I agree, they look fantastic.

I'd have to disagree... all the Tahoes I've checked out had 100% hard dashtop materials; they weren't a bit pliable. But I agree, they look fantastic.

[post="85297"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, under my scrutiny, I never noticed that, and it LOOKED soft at least, so that's a definate improvement.

Even if everything was hard as a rock, then it'd be a carbon copy of most BMW's...which tend to use identical textures, but pretty much all rock hard, non-pliable pieces. And no one complains about those.

Like I said, they aren't Maybachs, but they're easily the best, by far, in their class. And, in higher end guise, or at least with the leather and wood, just look absolutely stunning inside.

One thing that did annoy me, as usual, was this: at the yearly auto show, I like to just "stick around" and listen to what random people say about different cars. And, by far, the things said about certain GM's are always typically off base and sometimes even completely wrong. With the Tahoes in particular, though most people did seem to love them, there were quite a few intent on scrutinizing every single last bolt and nut, just so they could find something to go, "A-ha. I told you they were still cheap", and then walking away to lick up every last Acura and Lexus, even if they themselves had quite a few, very noticeable, cheap details.

caddycruiser: Did they not have an Escalade at the autoshow or were you just not able to inspect it? Also, did they have a Yukon Denali?

[post="85307"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Had, I think, (3) Tahoe LTZ's, and then 1 or 2 regular Yukons (no Denali) and 1 Escalade, but both the GMC and Caddy were up on those platforms you're not supposed to climb on. I could see, from it open, that the GMC isn't at all any different from the Chevy except for some minor details--but I still really liked it, at least in person, and the front doesn't come off as being as much of a fat blob as it does in person.

The Escalade was on a very small platform, with all the doors open, so I got a very close view of that one. It was definately a lot different, and though it has the same overall structure and mechanicals of the Chevy and GMC, the interior looked a LOT different. Very, very Caddy-specific, both in the smoother graining of the materials, and the layout of the dash.

For instance, while the Chevy and GMC use more of a "pebbled" surface for most all of the plastics, the Caddy looked to be a lot like a Lexus, with smoother surfaces. I'm almost certain the Escalade there didn't have a Nav, because I distinctly remember a sort of "blank spot" look to a part of the center stack, but I could be mistaken. Didn't stick out, at least not as much as it seems to in pics. In the Caddy, all the fits and finishes looked equal to those in the Chevy's, except for a more flush unison of the lower center dash and center console in the Caddy, since it doesn't offer a bench seat option like the others. Not that I even noticed this at all when I was crawling through the Chevy's, just something I remember from some posted pics before, and saw again from my lower view of the Escalade.

Having seen them all, I think for the price, I'd take a well-optioned Chevy or GMC, because they just look and feel rich beyond the price in person. Not that the Caddy is anything to scoff at, just different and priced quite a bit higher, so that was my reaction...I'd probably take one of those instead, if I were to hit the Powerball tonight :AH-HA_wink:

What I REALLY want to see in person is an LS or a 1LT with cloth seats and not a lot of options, just to get a feel for if the interiors come off as much different without the buttery leather. Well, that, and I think the newer soft cloth they started using in things like the Impala and Lucerne is awful, and wonder if it's the same in a Tahoe.

Even if everything was hard as a rock, then it'd be a carbon copy of most BMW's...which tend to use identical textures, but pretty much all rock hard, non-pliable pieces.  And no one complains about those.

[post="85304"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

All the BMW interiors I've been in have at least some pliable dash materials.

Edit: About the Escalade, there was one open at LAIAS, and it had materials that not only looked soft, but were soft. Edited by empowah

All the BMW interiors I've been in have at least some pliable dash materials.

Edit: About the Escalade, there was one open at LAIAS, and it had materials that not only looked soft, but were soft.

[post="85770"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I still agree, but so many things were still soft touch in the Tahoe's I crawled in (it wasn't like one random squishy piece here and there), that it all came off well.

That, and even on some of the harder things, the raised pebble surface just seemed to make them a little forgiving too.

Regardless, there wasn't a single competing vehicle I looked at that came even close, save for some of the higher end luxo boats.

As for the Caddy, that seems true too, even from my view only inspection. Definately looked a notch or two up on other Caddy's, even the DTS and STS. On the other hand, I was shocked at how bad the SRX was, as opening the door on one of those had me seeing things and feeling things that, somehow, I didn't notice before...WOW, does that thing have some cheap linings inside :o Edited by caddycruiser

What I REALLY want to see in person is an LS or a 1LT with cloth seats and not a lot of options, just to get a feel for if the interiors come off as much different without the buttery leather.

Well, that, and I think the newer soft cloth they started using in things like the Impala and Lucerne is awful, and wonder if it's the same in a Tahoe.

[post="85318"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

haha sometimes it difficult to tell the leather from the cloth when looking from the outside..

but i think its the same cloth as the impala...

the tan is really like a leather color i dont know how they pulled off such light trims on the inside...

The dealer in Santa Rosa, CA that I visited today had 5 new '07 Tahoes; all well-equipped LT's or LTZ's; one sport red, three bronzemist/beige, one black... The interior does look AWESOME... I really would like to see some chrome trim around the bumpers, to carry over from the older model, and I really miss the wheel flares... the new ones just don't look dressed up quite as much as the previous model. During the "employee discount" campaign last summer, I traded my '01 for a new '05 Bermuda Blue LT, loaded with everything except navigation, DVD and sunroof... for under $37K, less a really generous trade of $16K for my '01. I just wonder how much people will spend for an '07, even as great as they are... I do feel like my '05 is the "old model" now, but I got such a great deal, I think I made the right move at the right time. Do you dealer guys think that there will be some GM trim packages coming out for the new Tahoe -- chrome bumpers and/or wheel flares?

The dealer in Santa Rosa, CA that I visited today had 5 new '07 Tahoes; all well-equipped LT's or LTZ's; one sport red, three bronzemist/beige, one black...

The interior does look AWESOME...

I really would like to see some chrome trim around the bumpers, to carry over from the older model, and I really miss the wheel flares...  the new ones just don't look dressed up quite as much as the previous model.  During the "employee discount" campaign last summer, I traded my '01 for a new '05 Bermuda Blue LT, loaded with everything except navigation, DVD and sunroof... for under $37K, less a really generous trade of $16K for my '01.  I just wonder how much people will spend for an '07, even as great as they are...  I do feel like my '05 is the "old model" now, but I got such a great deal, I think I made the right move at the right time.

Do you dealer guys think that there will be some GM trim packages coming out for the new Tahoe -- chrome bumpers and/or wheel flares?

[post="88240"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Don't hold your breath on the bumpers...I myself don't like them, and one of the biggest reasons they got rid of them were that they're both too heavy and, mainly, because when they're separately attached and not connected to the rest of the fascia, there was always an atrocious gap between the grille surround and the top of the bumper...which ranges from relatively small, to way too large, to crooked, to lop-sided--it all seems to depend on what day of the week the truck was built ^_^

That, and they're not as "tough" and durable as some people seem to think, because you'll notice before little time has passed, the rust on the underside gets to be pretty extensive, and I've known a few people myself with Tahoes as new as '02s and '03s that then started having that rust come through to the outside.

But the main reason for the change to a one-piece plastic fascia was the horrible level of fit & finish, in addition to the weight, that was present on the older models with the big chrome (or painted) bumpers. Made them really old-school trucky, but also didn't look or perform so great--especially in terms of aerodynamics.

All that said, there MIGHT be a possibility of a piece or two of accessory chrome trim, as it was mentioned that the new Z71's will:
The available Z71 package (available later in 2006) takes this aggressive look to the next level. It includes a specifically designed three-piece fascia with a protective, platinum chrome skid plate. It has larger tow hook openings; larger, more prominent fog lamps; and specific grille texture and platinum chrome grille trim. Eighteen-inch wheels and tires also are part of the package.

So, there might be the possiblity of swapping in a couple Z71 parts or accessories.

As for the flares, if you'll notice, they also already built in a bit of a protruding lip to flare out the wheelwells on the sheetmetal, as compared to the mostly flat area there on the older trucks, and there's no flare option as of yet or that's been mentioned yet, so that one I wouldn't count on. Lately, GM is going for the absolute cleanest, smoothest, and extra plastic-trim free looks they can, so things like this might be left to the aftermarket industry completely. But, if any model does get them, it might be the Z71...we'll have to wait and see.

I know what you mean about having the "old" model now. Like I've said before, our '04 is still very nice, but can't even remotely compare to the new '07s+, especially if all the driving problems like the mushy brakes, sloppy steering, and body/interior solidity are as improved as people seem to be saying they are. But, this always happens, when you buy a new car or truck not long before a redesign... 8) Edited by caddycruiser

:ohyeah: Well, Saturday i picked up my '07 Tahoe and am in love. It is a Greystone over ebony LT3 with the 20-inch LTZ wheels on it. Quad buckets, nav, all seats heated. Sticker was $51,060...bought it without having to barter back and forth for $46k. With that said: This is the first GM car that I have ever purchased where I felt that I underpaid. The interior is beautiful, the controls are all really nice, with quality that rivals any Mercedes or BMW I have owned/driven. The leather feels like it will wear like iron, the dash plastic feels of high quality, and everything inside is so tight you wonder if it was assembled in Germany.

The ride, even with the 20-inch wheels is smooth yet firm, with no wallow or bounce - again - like a BMW. Body roll is very very well controlled. The Nav system and infotainment system is so slick that the aftermarket is going to be pissed! It does everything that I could ever want it to, and will play almost every form of media that you can fit in the slots.

Nice touches are everywhere: from the trunsignal stock that you tap up or down to switch lanes - the turn signals blink three times! Remote start the truck to heat it up and the front seats automatically come on and heat up for you. Storage inside is great - the only complaint being that there needs to be a tray off of one of the back buckets for the cupholders...to far to reach at the bottom of the front console. If they had the tray that is mounted to a seat like on the Uplanders, that would make the truck perfect.

Accelleration is quick for the 5.3. Wish it had a 5 or 6 speed auto

Gotta go drive it...if you do, you will immediately want one. Sorry for all of the last gen owners who are still in thier trucks after they drive this one...the old ones are really bad after you have driven the 900...really really bad.

:ohyeah: Well, Saturday i picked up my '07 Tahoe and am in love.  It is a Greystone over ebony LT3 with the 20-inch LTZ wheels on it.  Quad buckets, nav, all seats heated.  Sticker was $51,060...bought it without having to barter back and forth for $46k.  With that said: This is the first GM car that I have ever purchased where I felt that I underpaid.  The interior is beautiful, the controls are all really nice, with quality that rivals any Mercedes or BMW I have owned/driven.  The leather feels like it will wear like iron,  the dash plastic feels of high quality, and everything inside is so tight you wonder if it was assembled in Germany.

The ride, even with the 20-inch wheels is smooth yet firm, with no wallow or bounce - again - like a BMW.  Body roll is very very well controlled.  The Nav system and infotainment system is so slick that the aftermarket is going to be pissed!  It does everything that I could ever want it to, and will play almost every form of media that you can fit in the slots.

Nice touches are everywhere:  from the trunsignal stock that you tap up or down to switch lanes - the turn signals blink three times!  Remote start the truck to heat it up and the front seats automatically come on and heat up for you.  Storage inside is great - the only complaint being that there needs to be a tray off of one of the back buckets for the cupholders...to far to reach at the bottom of the front console.  If they had the tray that is mounted to a seat like on the Uplanders, that would make the truck perfect.

Accelleration is quick for the 5.3.  Wish it had a 5 or 6 speed auto

Gotta go drive it...if you do, you will immediately want one.  Sorry for all of the last gen owners who are still in thier trucks after they drive this one...the old ones are really bad after you have driven the 900...really really bad.

[post="92094"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I had similar feelings just SITTING in a few at the auto show. Can't wait to drive one.

And yes, even though the prices do seem a little high still, I'm changing my mind on that issue after seeing them...WOW, was all I could say.

Knocks our '04 out of the ball park and into the scrap heap almost...

:rolleyes: Probably should not have said that the 'ol trucks (previous gen) were all that bad, just probably overly excited about the quality in the 900's. I still would like to have an '04 or '05 for the wife. They were not that bad - just a little long in the teeth. I almost bought an '06, but the deal was better on the '07.

Anybody notice that out there...dealers have an '05 on the lot that will never move because the incentives are better on the '06...so the dealer has to wait for a cash buyer or is stuck with it unless a super sucker comes along...the factory should help the dealers out and get the old units moved before hyper incentives show up on the new stock.

RANDOM FEATURE UPDATE: Just drove my Tahoe...You are not going to believe this one: Sit down...ready? The Sunroof has a 1 touch open and CLOSE feature...ONE FREAKIN' TOUCH! You hearing me? The damned thing closes at the TOUCH of a button...no more holding it in...just tap and it goes!!!! Can you believe it? I almost pulled over to cry. The Lawyers missed that one... :duh: oops. Shouldn't have mentioned that.

:rolleyes: Probably should not have said that the 'ol trucks (previous gen) were all that bad, just probably overly excited about the quality in the 900's.  I still would like to have an '04 or '05 for the wife.  They were not that bad - just a little long in the teeth.  I almost bought an '06, but the deal was better on the '07. 

Anybody notice that out there...dealers have an '05 on the lot that will never move because the incentives are better on the '06...so the dealer has to wait for a cash buyer or is stuck with it unless a super sucker comes along...the factory should help the dealers out and get the old units moved before hyper incentives show up on the new stock.

RANDOM FEATURE UPDATE:  Just drove my Tahoe...You are not going to believe this one:  Sit down...ready?  The Sunroof has a 1 touch open and CLOSE feature...ONE FREAKIN' TOUCH!  You hearing me?  The damned thing closes at the TOUCH of a button...no more holding it in...just tap and it goes!!!! Can you believe it?  I almost pulled over to cry.  The Lawyers missed that one... :duh:  oops.  Shouldn't have mentioned that.

[post="92142"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow, you must have been around 2 many typical GM cars for a while...1-touch sunroofs have pretty much become the norm for quite some time now.

That said, glad to hear you're enjoying it so much that little things like that are knocking your socks off!

by the way caddycruiser:  I see you like 'em big.  Me?  1995 Roadmaster Wagon LT1.  '07 Tahoe, 1995 Yukon, 04 Corvette ( it is bigger than it looks - as far as garage space is concerned )

[post="92150"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Haha, yeah. Didn't start out that way, but after mom bought an Avalanche, dad bought a Roadmaster and a Fleetwood, then mom got a Suburban, and just a month ago I bought Fleetwood #2...we've been told our driveway looks like the president has come over to visit :AH-HA_wink: Edited by caddycruiser

Yeah, I know them 1 touch sunroofs to be the norm over most of the industry - but GM has steadfastly remained in the 'hold the button school' for way too long :banghead: !!! This was a pleasant surprise for me, that's all. Yeah, for a while I had two Roadmaster Wagons, a Suburban, a Yukon and my Corvette. People were wondering why I needed so much car. Like my mom said: "You only got one butt, why you need so many seats?"

Yeah, I know them 1 touch sunroofs to be the norm over most of the industry - but GM has steadfastly remained in the 'hold the button school' for way too long  :banghead: !!!  This was a pleasant surprise for me, that's all.

Yeah, for a while I had two Roadmaster Wagons, a Suburban, a Yukon and my Corvette.  People were wondering why I needed so much car.  Like my mom said: "You only got one butt, why you need so many seats?"

[post="92211"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Haha...well, at least you are driving a "shorty" right now with the Tahoe. Most days of the week, for instance, my mother and her purse are the only two items occupying the inside of her Suburban, but many a times arrise where we do really need ALL of the space and more--like when I move back and forth from college.

I think a Tahoe would work for my dad, as he's even said it would, but as a family vehicle for us, that's a major no. I can see the shorter length being easier to manuever and even a bit sportier to drive, but there's just no usuable room in one unless you get a 5-seater. The 3rd seat is worthless and there's no space behind it, but everyone still has to have one, so I guess that's why they offer it--completely different story in the Suburban however.

Regardless (sorry for the little rant there), hope you continue to enjoy it!

P.S., is it attracting any extra attention from people when you drive it, or are they already a common site where you live?

Actually - I went to the DMV yesterday to get the plates taken care off off of my 97, and came out to find two cops crawling all over it. I have had a lot of people checking it out and oh's and ah's whenever I stop. I have only seen two on the road around here - one the day I bought mine and one yesterday on a test drive...so they are not as popular as the sales are suggesting ( there have been 8 delivered to the bigger dealer here in Cedar Rapids, but have not run into one on the road. ) The dealer that I bought mine from has had 6 - I bought #4. They are selling quick, but just not a lot out on the road that I have seen yet. As far as the seating is concerned...the third seat is useless and I will be taking it out so that I have the flat load floor. I miss the 'Burban for the extra length behind the seats, but we never filled her up like we should. The Tahoes make sense around town and when alone or just a few of you. Plus I can still comfortably seat 7 in the Roady and light the tires when need be.

My Saturn had an (aftermarket) one touch open/close sunroof.  The Solara's is one touch open but you have to hold the button to close it.

[post="92193"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thats how my Grand Prix is too. I wish it was one touch both ways Edited by CaddyXLR-V

As far as the seating is concerned...the third seat is useless and I will be taking it out so that I have the flat load floor.  I miss the 'Burban for the extra length behind the seats, but we never filled her up like we should.  The Tahoes make sense around town and when alone or just a few of you.

[post="92300"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That makes sense, and is what I think a lot of people end up doing...the Tahoe is kind of short, but the Suburban is a little too much, so they just go for the smaller one.

Plus I can still comfortably seat 7 in the Roady and light the tires when need be.

[post="92300"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Haha, I know what that's like, minus 1 person in the similarly Vette-powered Caddy... :thumbsup:

I'll just have to buy a wagon next... Edited by caddycruiser

A dealer by me has 12!  Another that i went to had only two and they were locked, looked fantastic though.  But the second row did look like it had almost no legroom. Anyone been in one that can tell me how the legroom actually feels?

The legroom is unimpressive for something so enormous, but any more is unnecessary... the second row is perfectly comfortable.